7 4.5%

5 3.2%

2 1.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Magimixer

We now know who our 'commentators' for ESC will be. Super happy that Desirée Nobusch will be giving the Luxembourg votes, but disappointed about our commentators - a RTL presenter (Roos) who knows nothing about ESC and Mr Saur, a politician & alderman (like WTF, how is this even possible?? Seems unethical to say the least) who knows about ESC but not about commenting.
Oh, and don't get me started on the two doing the live English commentary… Heard what they did during the LSC (n)

Anyway, at least RTL is finally getting something done... And I want to be positive now!!! (trying very hard!)

Magimixer

Here is Tali doing 'Fighter' in a super cool version on the piano this weekend. I really like it!

crashworld

Veteran
Now we are going into the contest in a couple of weeks time. This song is sitting comfortably in my top 3. Love my girly pop and so upgrading this to a :10:. Though the revamp did nothing to elevate the song, but I am used to it already.

SpiritofKeiino

It will be interesting to see the rehearsal. I feel that this needs to be slicker than the NF performance

Serena00

Why Tali's outfit is so boring :( It should have been similar to back up dancers. I like the song and hope it'll qualify, but this semi is a bloodbath, so the performance needs to be really sleek

Serena00

Why Tali's outfit is so boring :( It should have been similar to back up dancers. I like the song and hope it'll qualify, but this semi is a bloodbath, so the performance needs to be really sleek

MopManMoss

Veteran
GMQvrXgWAAA9htb.jpg

I liked the black outfit, my only real issue with what we have seen so far was the weird cheetah led visual

Magimixer

Tali's staging his done by the Ukrainian guy German Nenov who collaborated with the BBC at ESC Liverpool 2023. Don't know why he's put the Tiger/Cheetah visual in the background. No logic at all. Apparently both Tali's hair and clothes will change compared to first rehearsal. We'll see.
Despite everything (bad) I think about RTL, I really hope Luxembourg will qualify for the final.

AlekS

Veteran
Tali's staging his done by the Ukrainian guy German Nenov who collaborated with the BBC at ESC Liverpool 2023. Don't know why he's put the Tiger/Cheetah visual in the background. No logic at all. Apparently both Tali's hair and clothes will change compared to first rehearsal. We'll see.
Despite everything (bad) I think about RTL, I really hope Luxembourg will qualify for the final.
Our directors usually ask performers how they see their own staging and what is the main idea behind the song for them. The staging is built around that. In this case the broadcaster had a casting for directors, they chose his idea. No idea why they wanted a tiger :unsure: But I can't wait to see the TV version.
ps. I was surprised when the art director had to iron costumes for her dancers because they didn't have a person for this.

Last edited:

Magimixer

Our directors usually ask performers how they see their own staging and what is the main idea behind the song for them. The staging is built around that. In this case the broadcaster had a casting for directors, they chose his idea. No idea why they wanted a tiger :unsure: But I can't wait to see the TV version.
ps. I was surprised when the art director had to iron costumes for her dancers because they didn't have a person for this.
From what I'v heard, RTL has kept Tali out of all discussions about staging, dancers, etc (won't comment on all that now - trying to keep a positive vibe ;) ). Also, German Nenov was brought in at the very last minute (because RTL is so well organised… :rolleyes:). And yes, RTL has spent money the wrong places - might have something to do with the RTL Eurovision team giving work to their friends instead of hiring the right people… The guy doing Tali's hair and make-up for example said in an article that he wasn't paid (but that he "was just happy to be there"). I find that really shitty of RTL, and just wrong.

goncalovieira

From what I'v heard, RTL has kept Tali out of all discussions about staging, dancers, etc (won't comment on all that now - trying to keep a positive vibe ;) ). Also, German Nenov was brought in at the very last minute (because RTL is so well organised… :rolleyes:). And yes, RTL has spent money the wrong places - might have something to do with the RTL Eurovision team giving work to their friends instead of hiring the right people… The guy doing Tali's hair and make-up for example said in an article that he wasn't paid (but that he "was just happy to be there"). I find that really shitty of RTL, and just wrong.
Do you know that I kinda feel them quite lost? Doing eurovision for the first time is hard, but come on..

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Here, the broadcaster announces competition for art directors (if an artist has no own) and they have a casting-presentation for 10-20 best candidates where broadcaster officials sit together with an artist and select the winner.
The art director asks an artist about their vision of the song and they search for common ground.
Most of the time, our performers already come with "their" art director, in this case the broadcaster opens competition just for production companies/technical stuff.

German said he had only 4 days to make a presentation for RTL.

crashworld

Veteran
Seems like RTL is trying to sabotage their own return. I feel for Tali. Hopefully it will work out in the end. It will be such an own goal if they fail to qualify to the GF.

Top Bottom