Contact us

Live from Copenhagen - GRAND FINAL TONIGHT!!!

Romeo

we all know whats coming now... PED xcry1

I am ok for the next 10 mins.. The football season finishes then so I think it will kick in later today haha

Salmon

Don't know if someone pointed out but 2015 has been:

1- The year of ballads and slow-tempo songs in general. The top-4 is ballad, slow song, ballad, dubstep-rock ballad, mid-tempo.

2- The year of the West. Only one Eastern country (Armenia) in the top-5 and two more (Ukraine and Russia) in the top-10.

3- (Another) Nordic year. Even if the winner is not from this area I don't remember any edition when we had three Nordics in the top-10 and the other two coming close as 11th and 15th. Seems Europe have a very friendly image of these countries and vote a lot for them.

4. The political year. Russia was booed, Conchita as an LGBT idol was heavily supported by the audience (I shall count that as "political" as well), the Azeri-Armenian jury points controversy...

Romeo

it already finished in germany.. at least the world cup starts in one month

I have a month to wait for the next exciting thing to happen in my life...

I need a hobby lol

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Once again, well done :dk: and Copenhagen with the ESC-show, stage, lightening and professionalism! xup xrose

Congrats to the winner, :at:! Not really my cup of tea, but well done regardless!

My top favourites in the final were: 1. :ro: (very underrated imo) and 2. :se: (well done, Sanna - deserved 3rd imo!) xlove

Other of my favourites were: :sl: (robbed again! why is almost always :sl: underappreciated in ESC?! so undeserved imo..), :me: (sadly underrated imo) and :es: (somewhat underrated also imo).

Some other songs in my top 10 after the final performance were: :sm: (nice, traditional kinda 'James Bond'-style song), :ru: (7th, nice flow, melodious song which has grown on me) and :ua: (6th, catchy song, and the Ukrainians always have good performances).

So all in all, I must admit that I am somewhat disappointed with the final results - only :se: of my favourites managed to reach the top 5.

As for :no:, our entry came a respectable 8th in the end. Congrats! As mentioned before, I find the song + singer ok but kinda average (it was 11th on my final list this year), but it is always nice when our country does well in the final.

Final thoughts: Some surprising voting this year, perhaps some 'political'/'statement' voting as well.. Will be interesting to read the allocation of jury-votes and the tele-votes from the countries. I still find it a pity that countries such as :ee:, :il: and :ie: did not make the final (they deserved to imo) but that is the way it is. Surprised also by the winner (and its almost universal appeal), and almost as surprised that :nl: came a strong 2nd (nice song, but very 'un-ESC-like' to my ears). I had expected :uk: higher in the end, perhaps also :az:, and especially :ro: (by us, with 6 fans watching the final together and giving points, we thought :ro: would for certain end in the top 3).

I tele-voted for :ro:, :se:, :sl: and :me: this year! :D

Another great ESC-festival is over - and I already look forward to next year's 2015 ESC-week from Austria! xup

manggaleh

And, by the way, PLEASE STOP interrupting the voting when there is a mathematical winner! It's something awful!!! SOOC
I blame the Swedes for introducing this bad habit in 2013 and the Danes for keeping it this year. EBU should step in and forbid this anti-climax behaviour.

Yeah, that :rolleyes:
though not as awful as last year :?

GermanBango

Someone has to say it out loud:
This was flawless! - I got goosebumps during "Rainmaker" - It should be always that peaceful in Europe & the world xup

IncognitoGH

First of all congratulations on a great show :dk: This hasn't been my favourite ESC ever, but it was good. I will be honest with my review and everything is my opinion, so no hate :)

The Hosts - I thought they had a very poor Semi 1, but pulled it together for the Semi 2 and the final. They were also good when things went wrong, and they quickly acted. Most of the time though I couldn't connect to them, I'm not even sure why. I think it felt a little false when they were making jokes and saying the punch lines, unlike Petra the year before, they were quite bad at them. A little annoying but they did a job.

The Stage - One of the best. The whole concept was brilliant, the backgrounds, floor designs, the cube, the water and also the amazing lights; it was fantastic.

The Acts - It was one of the strongest years that I have known. The Netherlands, Hungary, Sweden, Ukraine, Austria, The UK, Spain and so on were all very good songs that gave the 2014 contest a great playlist of music. There were actually only a few countries that I didn't like.

The Winner - Hmm. The song was very diva-esq. A 'James Bond' theme tune that could be used on the next movie. It was a great song, really, it was strong and had a solid chorus, Conchita had an amazing voice also. But I feel a little underwhelmed by it winning. I feel as though the public and jury latched onto her image and got carried away with it all. If another lady or man sang this song, then it wouldn't have won. I am sure of that.

Who Should Have Won - The Netherlands should have won. They produced and performed an absolute ESC classic for years to come. So simple, just two people and a guitar, with a truly great sounding song. A reminder to everyone from The netherlands that music doesn't need anything else than the love for the music.

How Would I Rate This Year - An 8 out of 10. A good contest, in a beautiful country, that was produced very well.

My views.

GWTW1939

Not giving the win to the Netherlands was a major opportunity loss for Eurovision! They had a chance to show that any kind of song can win the contest and improve ESC's image yet they went in the complete opposite direction xfacepalm All Austria winning did was prove all the negative stereotypes and set Eurovision backwards xshrug

People keep saying Austria winning proves how accepting and tolerant Europe is but ignore that many may have just viewed Conchita as another Eurovision joke act like Verka instead.

Salmon

The reddit live thread for the final was pure comedical gold. :lol: Here are some of the best comments:

STOP STARING INTO MY SOUL NORWAY DUDE

My Slavic milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

Please gif Graham's reaction when he realised it was him.

Germany has budget cut price Pink.

I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs I'm immune to boobs...

...but I am weak for cream and butter. Dammit.

That guy just randomly pushing **** on the circular keyboard looks like me every time I get a new piece of electronics.

I'm happy my country won, but let's get serious. The last time an Austrian said something along the lines "we are unity and unstoppable" he started World War II.

world's worst jigsaw, 80% of the pieces are red.

Sweden has warned Sanna that if she doesn't win, she'll be trapped in that light prison for all eternity

PREPARE YOUR BUTTER-CHURNS

IT'S POLAND TIME

The Eurovision costumes are like a **** Hunger Games.

Lonely Island, Weird Al Yankovic and a token black guy. A winning concept from France!

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Brunø Märs!

xrofl3

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
wow they're working fast there^

Nail

Nail, you say that every azer must vote for your **** song ? even if he doesnt like it? he has no choose? Why Azer that lives in estonia since birth cant vote for finland or russia? explain me...
I am Estonian/Russian , i didnt vote for Russia.

i simply didn't say that

Top Bottom