5 3.8%

6 4.5%

15 11.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Lietuvis

I know that being associated with anything Russian is very much disliked, especially now. But that is my impression, but it is sometimes one sentence, or two that sound like this, and then something that is very distinct, it makes it amusingly confusing as the words are constantly completely different at the same times. Lithuanian and Russian are distantly related (both are Balto-Slavic) and it's been theorised that Slavic and Baltic languages have evolved simultaneously influencing one another in early Middle Ages.

Btw. I really love the sound of Lithuanian, and what I find peculiar is how many words end on ''S''. It is considerably softer than my mother tongue (Polish, duh).

BTW as a Pole who have never learnt Russian I can only understand a word here or there in a spoken Russian, Lithuanian nothing (other than when I check the lyrics of the song in Lithuanian with a translation).

I'm actually 25% polish, but I don't know any polish :( I was learning Russian in school, but it was a bit too difficult for me :D I mostly just know the swearwords, but that's natural given their proximity to us. And of course maybe you'll be happy to know that probably the most popular swearword here in Lithuania is non other but the Polish one starting with the letter 'K' :D

elanyvx

Gabrielius is good with televote. Il Senso have 446 vote in the 1st heat, and now 1876?
Clearly the top2 was with Ruta Mur and Gabrielius

Iker

Veteran
I'm actually 25% polish, but I don't know any polish :( I was learning Russian in school, but it was a bit too difficult for me :D I mostly just know the swearwords, but that's natural given their proximity to us. And of course maybe you'll be happy to know that probably the most popular swearword here in Lithuania is non other but the Polish one starting with the letter 'K' :D

I am not happy at all though as I hate expletives and I almost never use them. But I have to admit that my language is expressive when it comes to those. :LOL:

njdevils94

Veteran
Interesting results: it seems too complicated for Gabrielius, but both Ruta Low and Petunija (what a voting change!) seem to be able to beat Beatrich. And that's all I can ask for, as her song gets me on my nerves
Petunija can't win only finishing 4th in televoting in a semifinal though. I did like the changes she made tonight.

MopManMoss

Veteran
So glad to see Petunija second after she came fifth in the heat last time, sad to see Vaccum out but it’s to be expected. Would love to see Love of my Life or So Low in Liverpool as I really don’t like Like a Movie

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Gabrielius winning here would give me something to actually look forward to at this year's contest, even if it would be with one of his weaker offerings (that's still a certified Rainy 10/10, mind you). I think he's at his best when in moody mid-tempo synth pop mode. Tave Čia Randu is probably my all time favourite Lithuanian national final song. Looks like the jury are going to make it hard for him to win though, even if it seems to be an extremely close race this year with the public :(

Lietuvis

Gabrielius winning here would give me something to actually look forward to at this year's contest, even if it would be with one of his weaker offerings (that's still a certified Rainy 10/10, mind you). I think he's at his best when in moody mid-tempo synth pop mode. Tave Čia Randu is probably my all time favourite Lithuanian national final song. Looks like the jury are going to make it hard for him to win though, even if it seems to be an extremely close race this year with the public :(
He had so many good songs in the last few years ("Vieni Du" , "Jūra" just to name a few). This entry is very meh in comparison (although that still makes it one of the better songs in this selection). That's something even the jury mentioned - he's capable of bringing a much better entry, something that could even be projected to do well in the Main ESC. This entry ain't it though. Hope he doesn't get discouraged and continues participating next year.

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
Along with the switch up in juries members, two of the favorites (Beatrich and Monika Linkytė) after the heats have changed up their outfits for the semifinals as well. Beatrich has gone from orange to blue and Monika has switched from a white outfit to orange dress.

1444523-575024-756x425.jpg

1444499-848837-756x425.jpg

Matt Len has changed up his staging a bit too judging from the pictures.

1444492-640782-756x425.jpg

Top Bottom