6 4.5%

15 11.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Iker

Veteran
I've just listened to So Low by Ruta Mur and I have to say that I am impressed! The song is very enjoyable, exactly what I like from the 80s music is put here.

I love the verses and the singer.

Honestly if Lithuania chooses it then they most likely are going to be in my top 5 of Eurovision countries this year (I rarely do find better 5 acts/songs than this one on average)

Lietuvis

I've listen to So Low by Ruta Mur and I have to say that I am impressed!
Sadly, she doesn't stand much of chance against Beatrich. Ruta Mur is pretty much a no-name. She won't be able to compete with Beatrich fans voting.

Xico_16

I actually love Need More Fun, this and So Low are my favourites of the whole selection

njdevils94

Veteran
Justė Kraujelytė certainly isn't scared of experimenting. She sang the opening minute differently and added in a few other trippy effects to this week. Came on stage a little earlier than her first performance too I think. Outfits stayed the same. She's a very good performer and hope this makes the final.

Iker

Veteran
Sadly, she doesn't stand much of chance against Beatrich. Ruta Mur is pretty much a no-name. She won't be able to compete with Beatrich fans voting.

It's a pity, I don't mind the song of Beatrich but I think Ruta Mur has a far more appealing one!

njdevils94

Veteran
I think the outfit change from Petunija was a good choice. The same with adding in the back vocalists for the 2nd to last refrain.

lasse braun

7. Justė Kraujelytė – «ESC Need More Fun»
still not my cup of tea.

8. Gabrielius Vagelis – «Šauksmas»
sounds still like one of this dramatic FiK songs. 😇

Iker

Veteran
Gabrielius Vagelis

I liked his song too, it's a refined piece of music that is flirting with r'n'b.

BTW. I find it curious how different spoken and sung Lithuanian is in my impression. Spoken Lithuanian often reminds me Russian (the intonation, pronunciation) but when it's sung it is very different.

lasse braun

9. Rūta MUR – «So Low»
this is so good!
one very good maybe the best option for liverpool.

10.Donata – «Dreamer»
oldiemusic - not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
That song no 10 is something that I cannot stomach. Nauseatingly saccharine and ''been there, done that''

Iker

Veteran

I know that being associated with anything Russian is very much disliked, especially now. But that is my impression, but it is sometimes one sentence, or two that sound like this, and then something that is very distinct, it makes it amusingly confusing as the words are constantly completely different at the same times. Lithuanian and Russian are distantly related (both are Balto-Slavic) and it's been theorised that Slavic and Baltic languages have evolved simultaneously influencing one another in early Middle Ages.

Btw. I really love the sound of Lithuanian, and what I find peculiar is how many words end on ''S''. It is considerably softer than my mother tongue (Polish, duh).

BTW as a Pole who have never learnt Russian I can only understand a word here or there in a spoken Russian, Lithuanian nothing (other than when I check the lyrics of the song in Lithuanian with a translation).

Lietuvis

This voting went great. Rūta Mur winning is a pleasant surprise. The jury seemed to be in love with everything she did. Makes me more optimistic about her chances in the final.

Top Bottom