4 1.9%

14 6.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Lithuania-scaled.jpg

MalagaToledo

Banned
The whole insta of this group is dedicated to post pics about those weird moves. Lithuania 2020 has nothing to do with the song or vocals. I don't even remember the song.  for me it's like a parody.

My point exactly. Gimmicks, trolls, joke act. The ones defending this act, let me ask u.. Would u make those moves in a public, or sing that song loudly or vote for it? Would you wear those pants"?

Granger699

The whole insta of this group is dedicated to post pics about those weird moves. Lithuania 2020 has nothing to do with the song or vocals. I don't even remember the song.  for me it's like a parody.

My point exactly. Gimmicks, trolls, joke act. The ones defending this act, let me ask u.. Would u make those moves in a public, or sing that song loudly or vote for it? Would you wear those pants"?
Of course we do, cuz the rest of europe (you are the only exception) loves to have fun. We turned to a bunch of chickens when Netta won and no one gave a f*ck . But u my friend,u cant stand this entry so much that u cant stop hating on it even in the other threads in this forum. U are so scared omg. If eurovision makes u feel that way go and find another hobby,mature people dont waste so much time directly hating on just ONE SONG. You not gonna stop ANYONE to vote for this.
I actually hated Netta and got slapped in the face with the truth. So i wish u the same

Last edited:

nudiecrudi

I gave a 7.
First of all I appreciated the videoclip....really well done. A bit dreamlike, black and white, hypnotic. Bravo
About the song. Tried to listen it on Spotify just to separate it from the staging/moves/gimmicks.
It is a simple synth-electro-pop song. Vocally very poor and the most important part is synth-instrumental "chorus".
Enjoyable.
I hope a good result for Lithuania

MalagaToledo

Banned
People keep mentioning that Lithuania will have their best result in esc (because of gimmicks). Highly unlikely.. Lithuania to be better placed than :ru::se::mk::it:
Not to mention fan favourites, songs that will be front runners to win it. Highly unlikely. Don't forget that they have to be better placed than 37 countries if they want best ever result for them. We still don't know almost 30 other countries. Qualification with those gimmicks possible. They would prob be only joke act. Top 5, I wouldn't go that far.

Granger699

How
People keep mentioning that Lithuania will have their best result in esc (because of gimmicks). Highly unlikely.. Lithuania to be better placed than :ru::se::mk::it:
Not to mention fan favourites, songs that will be front runners to win it. Highly unlikely. Don't forget that they have to be better placed than 37 countries if they want best ever result for them. We still don't know almost 30 other countries. Qualification with those gimmicks possible. They would prob be only joke act. Top 5, I wouldn't go that far.
How many times u already said that they are not gonna do well?:D do u have problems with a memory? U should go and check it for your own well being.

Nemo89

To say that Italy, Sweden, Russia and Macedonia is an approximate comment. The facts and numbers speak. For the facts: Sweden is always very performing at ESC, Russia and Macedonia have not yet released their songs (I wonder how you can judge without having listened to their songs) and Italy ... for Italy numbers speak (it is the only nation among those you cite that has the official song). By numbers, I want to base my calculations only on EscYOUnited members. Aside from the ridiculous comments of people who feel like fine connoisseurs of music and managers of stars like Freddie Mercury, the votes at the top of the page don't lie. If the number of voters is taken above the discussion (152 for Lithuania and 137 for Italy the sum of the votes is: 1157 for Lithuania and 1055 for Italy). With the same number of voters, if we want to give Italy the average of 7, Diodato is ahead of Lithuania by a few points. Lithuania, studying the votes, received very positive or very negative votes while Italy received, in addition to the 34x12, balanced votes. If we also analyze that EscYOUnited's preferences are only a small part of European preferences ... I believe that Diodato is the "public enemy # 1" xhunterxpolicexangry This can also be deduced from the strange RankingGame votes (strange zero for Italy, higher targeted votes for nations that you can be sure they will not win (like Slovenia, Armenia, Spain and France) and favor votes between blocks). I speak with data in hand. I should add that, after reading all the comments of each song, no artist has achieved great levels of hatred like Diodato and his song. Be careful in a approximate comment and if we add that a real war for the votes (jury and audience) will start at the ESC there is a real risk that the surprise winner will be Diodato xstars xangryxcrySo reflects a punterxbike:lol:

MalagaToledo

Banned
Ohht this woman replied to me, but it's a novel and I'm not in a mood. Can someone ask her what she wants from me?

Uto

Veteran
Ohht this woman replied to me, but it's a novel and I'm not in a mood. Can someone ask her what she wants from me?
Carefully manipulated statistics show that everyone hates Italy. I'm not even kidding.

Nemo89

Carefully manipulated statistics show that everyone hates Italy. I'm not even kidding.
Words have many nuances. Hate does not necessarily mean wanting to hurt a person and finding him unpleasant but also being afraid of a certain quality. To say that Diodato is from 0 and France from 12 or to give high points to songs like Shaj, Attention and Voda and 0-1-2 points to Italy does not make logical sense (in a certain sense these songs have a slight similarity) . You trust me, or don't do it, but if you go to see the RankingGame votes you will notice how much people make precise calculations. Also you will rarely see, I give one of the examples, the Scandinavians do not vote Norway with at least 6 points. It is not manipulation, it is mathematics mixed with social studies. However, I think that, as an example of Lithuanian music, it is normal for me to have good marks from the nations belonging to the Baltic Block (the only exception is Latvia which having a chance for the "Top 10", often does not reward the "cousin") .

Uto

Veteran
Words have many nuances. Hate does not necessarily mean wanting to hurt a person and finding him unpleasant but also being afraid of a certain quality. To say that Diodato is from 0 and France from 12 or to give high points to songs like Shaj, Attention and Voda and 0-1-2 points to Italy does not make logical sense (in a certain sense these songs have a slight similarity) . You trust me, or don't do it, but if you go to see the RankingGame votes you will notice how much people make precise calculations. Also you will rarely see, I give one of the examples, the Scandinavians do not vote Norway with at least 6 points. It is not manipulation, it is mathematics mixed with social studies. However, I think that, as an example of Lithuanian music, it is normal for me to have good marks from the nations belonging to the Baltic Block (the only exception is Latvia which having a chance for the "Top 10", often does not reward the "cousin") .
You are correct of course. I was just making a short quip. You say fear is one of the reasons for this effect. I don't think that is the case though. Italians I think tend to come across as rather aloof, feeling like the only ones worthy of criticizing the Italian culture have to be Italian themselves. You will find that Northern Europeans care less about such things, although I can't be sure as I automatically understand Northern Europeans a lot better being one myself. The negativity aimed at Italian songs I think has the effect of serving as an off-set for the self-aggrandizing nature of Italian culture. More to the point: Diodate is just bringing the same old-fashioned shit to Eurovision that Italy always brings and the classy package can't hide the fact that the song is just average. I don't share that opinion, I think Italy has a fine song and I rated it as such, but I do feel this sentiment in the back of my head.

Something else: I appreciate that English is not your mother tongue, but there is something strange about the way you go about constructing your arguments. It would help if you were to declare first in short what you are trying to show. A lot of the time when reading your posts it just seems like an unreasonable mess. Usually I have just glossed over some detail that actually turned out to be key to understanding your point. I can't imagine that I'm the only one that has these problems.

Also, it would perhaps help if you were to give a bit more structure. For instance, in the post I'm quoting here you are basically trying to make two points. First, you try to give nuance to the meaning of the word hate in the current context. Second, you try to show that Italy receives an insubordinate amount of 'negative votes' compared to other countries. Right now these points look like they're connected. The disconnect can also be signaled by starting a sentence with 'also, ...'. It would perhaps help to make yourself better understood.

If these attempts to help you may seem condescending please understand that I do not mean that at all. I find your posts fascinating and have a high opinion of you, it's just that it takes me more effort to understand you than I would like.

MalagaToledo

Banned
They got the attention they were looking for. I think Lithuania song should be called attention. It doesn't necessarily mean it's a positive reaction. I mean it is Karikatur, parody, a joke act.

Nemo89

You are correct of course. I was just making a short quip. You say fear is one of the reasons for this effect. I don't think that is the case though. Italians I think tend to come across as rather aloof, feeling like the only ones worthy of criticizing the Italian culture have to be Italian themselves. You will find that Northern Europeans care less about such things, although I can't be sure as I automatically understand Northern Europeans a lot better being one myself. The negativity aimed at Italian songs I think has the effect of serving as an off-set for the self-aggrandizing nature of Italian culture. More to the point: Diodate is just bringing the same old-fashioned shit to Eurovision that Italy always brings and the classy package can't hide the fact that the song is just average. I don't share that opinion, I think Italy has a fine song and I rated it as such, but I do feel this sentiment in the back of my head.

Something else: I appreciate that English is not your mother tongue, but there is something strange about the way you go about constructing your arguments. It would help if you were to declare first in short what you are trying to show. A lot of the time when reading your posts it just seems like an unreasonable mess. Usually I have just glossed over some detail that actually turned out to be key to understanding your point. I can't imagine that I'm the only one that has these problems.

Also, it would perhaps help if you were to give a bit more structure. For instance, in the post I'm quoting here you are basically trying to make two points. First, you try to give nuance to the meaning of the word hate in the current context. Second, you try to show that Italy receives an insubordinate amount of 'negative votes' compared to other countries. Right now these points look like they're connected. The disconnect can also be signaled by starting a sentence with 'also, ...'. It would perhaps help to make yourself better understood.

If these attempts to help you may seem condescending please understand that I do not mean that at all. I find your posts fascinating and have a high opinion of you, it's just that it takes me more effort to understand you than I would like.
It is fascinating to exchange civil and logical opinions. It has rarely been possible. I immediately understood that yours was a joke but, often it happens that behind a joke hides much more. What you have now shown is the real Uto and how Uto thinks. I never said I never thought that Italian culture should be criticized only by Italians. I have expounded theses which are confirmed by studies and sources. So if I say that "Christ died crucified", am I blaming the Romans? Am I saying that Islamism is a falsehood? No, I'm exposing a fact. I would like that anyone who wants to criticize Italian culture or the songs that have been sent to the ESC must be objective, prepared, sincere and respectful. I accept this. Otherwise, people like Alaska are seen criticizing Austrian music for comparing it to Italian music and ... examples like yours that say that our music is dated. I would like to repeat again that Italy has brought ESC "Occidentali's Karma", "Soldi", "Non mi avete fatto niente", "Grande amore", "L'amore è femmina", "Madness of love" and I stop here. All different songs! You said an inaccuracy. What makes me laugh is that when Italy brings Rap wins the ballad, when it brings trash it wins Jazz, when it brings romantic song it wins social song, when it brings social song it wins trash ... tell me what you have to think... An old saying goes "To think badly of others is sinful but often guesses". In addition to this, do you feel fascination with my speeches but do you complain that they are chaotic? It seems paradoxical to me, just as paradoxical is the apology for nothing. Thanks for the nice talk but I'm not the one who has to structure my thoughts better. What I see is only ill-concealed annoyance for the objective data that go to respond to people who say inaccuracies and malice.

Uto

Veteran
It is fascinating to exchange civil and logical opinions. It has rarely been possible. I immediately understood that yours was a joke but, often it happens that behind a joke hides much more. What you have now shown is the real Uto and how Uto thinks. I never said I never thought that Italian culture should be criticized only by Italians. I have expounded theses which are confirmed by studies and sources. So if I say that "Christ died crucified", am I blaming the Romans? Am I saying that Islamism is a falsehood? No, I'm exposing a fact. I would like that anyone who wants to criticize Italian culture or the songs that have been sent to the ESC must be objective, prepared, sincere and respectful. I accept this. Otherwise, people like Alaska are seen criticizing Austrian music for comparing it to Italian music and ... examples like yours that say that our music is dated. I would like to repeat again that Italy has brought ESC "Occidentali's Karma", "Soldi", "Non mi avete fatto niente", "Grande amore", "L'amore è femmina", "Madness of love" and I stop here. All different songs! You said an inaccuracy. What makes me laugh is that when Italy brings Rap wins the ballad, when it brings trash it wins Jazz, when it brings romantic song it wins social song, when it brings social song it wins trash ... tell me what you have to think... An old saying goes "To think badly of others is sinful but often guesses". In addition to this, do you feel fascination with my speeches but do you complain that they are chaotic? It seems paradoxical to me, just as paradoxical is the apology for nothing. Thanks for the nice talk but I'm not the one who has to structure my thoughts better. What I see is only ill-concealed annoyance for the objective data that go to respond to people who say inaccuracies and malice.
Regretfully derisive reaction.

It would behoove you to understand fully that we are speaking about a song contest, not a mathematical equation. Any metrics you're privy to do not mean much in a world of discourse. You can't calculate what's in other peoples minds based on the data that is given. All you can do is make assumptions. Yours are as good as mine. If you say that "Christ died crucified", I say you are simply repeating nonsense written eons ago. I say there was never a Christ. What fact are you exposing? You are simply making an assumption about a truth you really know nothing about. Neither do I. All we have is discourse. Of course, this whole point is made more forcefully than I actually mean, metrics do point to reality, but my discourse points to reality as well.

Next, you compare a bunch of songs with a bunch of songs, trying to make a point about Italy being hard done by. It should be obvious that the genre of a song is not married to its quality, much less the quality perceived by the public. Also, throughout the text I can work out that you misunderstood me. I never said that Italy is old-fashioned, I never said that you said that Italian culture should only be criticized by Italians.

And if you think that I spoke malicious words there seems to be more wrong with the way you ingest the input than the way you construct your output. For that I have no advice, but it regrets me that it is like this.

Romeo

I literally see no musical merit in this song. It reminds me of Portugal 2019... Not sound but the hype over a weird song - It's just crazy. How this is favourite is beyond me

Alaska49

jesus touched my hand and guided it to the ignore button next to that insane italian's nickname, putting my name in his absolutely unreadable diatribes. phew. life is already better. thank you for your summoning powers, rainy, they were very appreciated. jesus is great, jesus is good.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I tried to diagram this post but gave up:
View attachment 228

Top Bottom