Contact us

LEBANON 2013 - not taking part

ParadiseES

Re: LEBANON 2013

This is the same story. I would like to see them in ESC, but that's not going to happen in the short term ;)

GRE

Why do we keep talking about Lebanon,we all know the will not join Eurovision with their own rules.

bubblingtrue

Why do we keep talking about Lebanon,we all know the will not join Eurovision with their own rules.

Like I said before, it is just fulfilling someone's fantasy to have all these topics in the 2013 forum, for countries that will not be present in 2013, and I don't undertstand the point? Lebanon, Kazakhstan - no hope on them being at ESC next year...so why have the topics!!

Miguel

For those who are questioning this thread... I read somewhere that Lebanon has changed the rules and is now allowing Israeli material on TV. Is it true!? That said, they can make their debut anytime.

While I was searching for "Lebanon in Eurovision" subject, I came across this fun fact: in 2007, Lebanon-born singer Mika stated that he was interested in entering the contest for Lebanon in 2008. :eek:

And then I discovered the 2005 Lebanese entry: "Quand tout s'enfuit" performed by Aline Lahoud. It sounds amazing! I really think Lebanon would bring some diversity to the contest, judging by their entry. It's a shame political issues continue to interfere with something harmless like Music. xbeee

penguinperson

Yup Mika said he'd enter for Lebanon or the UK. He wouldn't for France if they asked though.

evilperson

And then I discovered the 2005 Lebanese entry: "Quand tout s'enfuit" performed by Aline Lahoud. It sounds amazing! I really think Lebanon would bring some diversity to the contest, judging by their entry.

While I liked this song and thought it would do well back in 2005, I'd hardly call it bringing diversity to ESC. Ironically in that ESC, it's rival would have been the Israeli entry since they both aimed at being dramatic ballads. Monaco was in that mix as well but that was more old-fashioned.

A-lister

Veteran

While I liked this song and thought it would do well back in 2005, I'd hardly call it bringing diversity to ESC. Ironically in that ESC, it's rival would have been the Israeli entry since they both aimed at being dramatic ballads. Monaco was in that mix as well but that was more old-fashioned.

I loved that supposed Lebanese debut entry, it would have faired very well. However, I think they got what they deserved and I don't wish to see them back quite honestly.

ERu

I have a dream about Lebanon every year ! :( NAncy Ajram , Haifa Wehbe , Yara ,Elissa, Myriam Fares , Iwan , Massari .... :( LOVE THEM !

I love Nancy and Elissa too! That'd be amazing to see them there!

All of these political problems are so wrong. Why can't just countries get along? ;(

Top Bottom