Contact us

LEBANON 2013 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
le-lgflag.gif

GRE

Re: LEBANON 2013

Sorry,but at this moment,it seems dificult imao for Lebanon to be in esc while Israel is in.

Salmon

Don't want to start yet another political debate, but Israel is in, you Lebanese guys. Get over it.

NikkiBoy

Why can't Israel and Lebanon be?

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Why can't Israel and Lebanon be?

If my memory serves me correctly, Lebanon's law prevents them from broadcasting anything related to Israel which would include the performance at ESC, since that is against the EBU rules Lebanon won't be able to take part until they introduce some kind of legislating abolishing that law.

NikkiBoy

Ohh sad. ):

sokyratis555

i dont even know why theres a thread annually with lebanon, as matt said, laws prohibit them from properly being a part of the contest, its a stupid stupid law, and nothing can happen till then.

CPV4931

I would like to see them in the contest but not without Israel taking part.
So sadly this wouldn´t happen the next years.

A-lister

Veteran

I won't like to see them for the very same reason as Morocco or Australia or China or whatever country.

Also they simply don't respect Eurovision tradition, so for that very reason no (and I'm referring to their behavior regarding Israel).

AdelAdel

I don't get why are there threads of countries that have no chances of participating like Lebanon or Kazakhstan. It would be more logical to put an Egypt topic - they recognize Israel and they are undergoing political reforms.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

I don't get why are there threads of countries that have no chances of participating like Lebanon or Kazakhstan. It would be more logical to put an Egypt topic - they recognize Israel and they are undergoing political reforms.

While the odds are slim, there are always the possibility e.g. they change their laws, Israel decides to withdraw etc.

AdelAdel

While the odds are slim, there are always the possibility e.g. they change their laws, Israel decides to withdraw etc.

If Israel withdraws I bet most of Arabic countries will try to take part :D

Grinch

If my memory serves me correctly, Lebanon's law prevents them from broadcasting anything related to Israel which would include the performance at ESC, since that is against the EBU rules Lebanon won't be able to take part until they introduce some kind of legislating abolishing that law.

That's stupid :?

bubblingtrue

I'm with you on that! There are threads in this forum for countries that have no indication of returning, or have even hinted at returning to the contest, like Monaco and Luxembourg for instance. It is just fulfilling someones fantasy to see all these country names on the Eurovision 2013 forum!!!

Emreign

I have a dream about Lebanon every year ! :( NAncy Ajram , Haifa Wehbe , Yara ,Elissa, Myriam Fares , Iwan , Massari .... :( LOVE THEM !

Israeliboy

They will never back, one random event that can happen. Lebanon wins the contest, and Israel wanna join it the year after in Lebanon, what will they do? ;)

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Wasn't there another broadcaster in Lebanon who wanted to join, and didn't mind Israel? What ever happened to them?

Top Bottom