(Get ready for a)

Pa ra ra
Pa ra ra
Pa ra ra pa
Pa ra ra pa pa-rade

Last edited by a moderator:

DenizESC

Banned
Sorry but last year her song was much better, I didn't feel this one. Her vocals were a mess as well which is surprising considering how strong a vocalist she normally is. Staging was not great either, I liked her outfit previously but it didn't look great on stage imo. Generally a mess. Sad for Samanta though.

theditz83

Veteran
Yeah, I found this painful to watch. She kept switching into different keys like she couldn't settle herself in the backing track. She is a very unique and aggressive performer, but when that is combined with over-excitement and maybe a bit of nerves, it was only ever going to go one way.

And they were all swallowed on that stage, don't know why the performance looked so empty. Still Breathing would've been so much better at ESC :(

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
Me watching this:
mqdefault.jpg

Not a surprise, I knew this would flop hard from the very beginning therefore absolutely do not feel sad or care about her flop, the song itself is 3 minutes of pointless shouting and nothing else. As well as the team working on this, it is time to face that Aminata is nothing but one hit wonder and with fashion designers like Kašers you come for Barbara Dex not qualifications or victories. But the performance was just new levels of embarrassing, I would not be surprised if this was another last place in sf for us xrofl Being confident is nice, but being too confident... honey

Oh and yes also waiting for our HoD to say that pErFoRmAnCe wAs BrIlLiAnT thE cOmPeTiTiOn wAs JuSt ToO StRoNg tHiS yEaR

OC543j.gif

hijirio

Veteran
She was way better than some of the qualifiers.
I will always come back to this performance, a Eurovision classic that I will forever cherish and tell my grandchildren about.

kamc

I have to say that this was easily the worst/ugliest staging for me. What on earth was on the LED screen?! It was like a monstrous blob that was so visually unappealing. Think this was the last placer of the semi.

njdevils94

Veteran
She was really bad in the jury show and was probably placed last by them and doubtful she was to 10 with the public as well. One of the messier stagings of the year for me.

martin

Would not be shocked if she end last. But the good news is that she finally get to sing in eurovision and Latvia has many times been in botnom 3. So she will not be the first one.

shameless

Yeah, mess probably sums this up the best. The song was truly horrid and the entire act could've been an entrance on The Eurovision Saga.
I am so sorry for her but it really was doomed to NQ. Its somehow ironic (and sad) that the Queen is the only woman failing to qualify from this heat.

94ayd

I was very disappointed by the actual performance. Not only did the second rehearsal snippet feature the best part but she also performed it better back then. Unfortunately, couldn't get myself to send a vote her way. But I feel optimistic she didn't do terribly, as she has more views than any other non-qualifier apart from :pl:, but I doubt that means anything anyway.

Milos-BC

Even though I love the song in the studio version and Samanta herself, that was horrific :( The stage swallowed her (as well as the rest of her crew). Also, it was very messy both vocally and visually. I planned to send some votes, but in the end, I couldn't because I was very disappointed :(

She didn't deserve to qualify with that performance, but I'm happy she got the chance to be on the Eurovision stage. A shame it didn't happen with her best entry (Still breathing), but that's life.

gingerale

With my delusional view fading I think the biggest difference to 2020 was, that Still Breathing as a song and performance felt always dynamic and effortless.

Yesterday it felt so heavy, static and like an already lost battle. But there's always a Supernova somewhere out there.

eurovizian

With my delusional view fading I think the biggest difference to 2020 was, that Still Breathing as a song and performance felt always dynamic and effortless.

Yesterday it felt so heavy, static and like an already lost battle. But there's always a Supernova somewhere out there.
Yes, unfortunately for Tina this year's song and performance was just not good. In 2020 she would easily have been a favorite (in the final).

Last edited:

lasse braun

I really liked the song before, but for these performance yesterday there´s only one word - car crash :(
the camera work was very strange at some points + little bit trying too much with her voice - speaking with audience ect..
the real problem remains the song - too far out - too much avantgarde elements in it - for me very cool good music but not for the majority.
staging:
when you have an option for 7 people on stage you should use it here! - 3 girls left - 3 girls on the right - diamant formation with our queenbitch in front = perfect!
or not?
shit happens - it's only about music - nobody is hurt. xqueenbitch

A-lister

Veteran
Yes, unfortunately for Tina this year's song and performance was just not good. In 2020 she would easily have been a favorite (in the final).

Let's not delude ourselves, she would have still struggled to qualify.

Top Bottom