Contact us

JESC 2020

Looren

Veteran
Just voted with my sister

We voted for :pl: (my favorite) :ua: (her favorite) and :de:, we hesitated with :by::ge: and :kz: but because we are sure that Susan will be the last (and she don't deserve it) we voted for her

Realest

Voted for :pl::es::ua:.

Realest

Schlagerman1

Official recap of all the 12 songs for sunday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY6Qiq7_lFI

Well I was certain of a spanish win, but after seeing this, I am not 100% sure....do people really want to see masks on stage, don't we just take a moment to forget about everything? :rolleyes:

Anyhow, looks like it will be a rather good show, I like that the stages look fairly similar after all and it does look fair to me.
If I were to make a guess on the results, I would probably put it like this:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I didn't vote for my top 3 song-wise, because I wasn't too found of :by:'s snippet. :es: :kz: :fr: got my votes!

Loindici

Veteran
I like that the some of the Press Conference is just Agatha dying inside from the awkwardness. It's really amusing.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
So, I finally listened to all of them

The only-one-I-truly-root-for category
:ua: I'm in love with his voice, not only he can sing high but he showed us quite a few low notes. It's actually this variation that did it for me, he broke the otherwise ordinary melody.

The pretty-strong-but-not-there-yet category
:by: I'm disappointed with the long build-up because the second part of the song is an insta 12 for me. I always loved it when there is some random rap parts in a song, and this is no exception.
:es: The more I listen to it the more I like it. The start gives me some north-african ballad vibes. I think a lower tone would fit the song better though, and I would appreciate it if it was less repetitive.
:fr: I already shared my thoughts about our entry, but let's put a reminder. It's fresh and joyful, we need it in this sea of ballads, but please stop with the lalala parts, it brings nothing but putting me on edge.

The decent-effort-but-could-do-better category
:pl: After some bangers Poland went the more classical route but it works, even if it brings nothing new.
:ge: Okay this is the start of the "nice voice, but ordinary song" common theme, shouting chorus and all. She does it well though, I can give her that.
:rs: The only other boy in this selection. I like his voice but the song is too flat.

The not-impressed category
:nl: Everytime I get reminded I love hearing Dutch language in a song but this is way too uninteresting for me. Flat, kinda kitsch if I dare to say, it brings no novelty.
:mt: Same comment as for Georgia, but it resonates less with me.
:ru: I swear it sounds like a Russian happier version of Mulan's Reflection. We're just lacking the river and crying girl to complete the Disney ballad bingo.
:de: I have nothing much to say about it tbh. Decent but that's it.
:kz: Classical ballad, but aside from her singing qualities it did nothing too me.

Overall I'm not impressed, the ballads all feel too conventional and not really modern. There's no real banger either. Come on guys, where are the fireworks, I feel like I heard theses melodies a million times already.

Should be voting :ua: :by: :es:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I think it's the first time I voted in a JESC online vote, and since in ESC/JESC I always cheer for the songs that are most overlooked/hated by the fans, of course my votes now went to :ge: :ru: :mt:

hijirio

Veteran
I voted for Spain, Kazakhstan and France
Blanked Belarus for the same reason as @anaraqueen
Belarus needs a staging director, why not hire one from Kazakhstan?

HayashiM

Veteran
None of the songs are truly bad, but I don't really have a one I'd love either. It's a big pity :nl: screws up with the English parts, I really like the start of the song but than it goes nowhere.
Ended up voting for :fr:, :ge: and :de:, I could also get behind :ua: and :kz:.

Looren

Veteran
Germany was really good, Kazakhstan amazing omg

The Netherlands bad and Serbia disappointed me

hijirio

Veteran
Belarus cheated I’m pissed

Top Bottom