Contact us

JESC 2020

Realest

Australia withdraws.

Mainshow

Veteran
Wales withdraws as well.

Australia and Wales state Covid-19 and the travel/saftey restrictions/measurments as the reason for them not taking part.

I guess it's "easier" for continental European countries to take part in such event(s).

ESCConor

Apparently the BBC are considering taking part in JESC, ESCPlus in Spain are reporting.

"This has been confirmed exclusively by BBC sources to ESCPlus , stating that they are currently considering the possibility of participating in the contest despite the fact that no firm decision has yet been made"

"The decision has simply not been made quite yet. The best advice I could offer for now would be to keep an eye on the official Junior Eurovision website or our own BBC Media Centre website for updates on this, I assure you once a decision has been reached it will be posted on these sites, first of all"

So it sounds like the BBC are seriously looking into participating.

Last edited:

EDC0708

On a positive note, Belarus and Serbia have confirmed!
So that just leaves:
Albania
Armenia
Malta
North Macedonia
Portugal

Not sure whether BBC would take part in JESC, previously they avoided having young children involved with phone votes (such as in the Oliver! casting programme in 2008, where the public could only vote for who would play Nancy, with the kids chosen to play Oliver selected by the judges). Since then they have allowed children to compete in The Greatest Dancer, which had phone voting, so there may have been a policy change on this. Not sure if the BBC represented the UK, and made a success of it, if that would block S4C from ever returning for Wales, if BBC got the UK wide rights. I could see them showing it on CBBC, seems unlikely they would show it on BBC1. In recent years, the BBC has largely only competed in Spin off events they were hosting (EDC 2007 & 2008, Greatest Hits 2015, EYM 2018), with the sole exceptions being EYM 2010, and broadcasting Europe Shine A Light this year.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
:ua: Ukraine will have the online selection, like last year.

The submission window is opened until August 25.
The voting will last only for 3 days (September 5-7).
The winner will be announced until September 12.

Major changes:

• PBC is gonna publish (on the site/YT) each song in less than 1-2 days after it's been submitted.
  • The song with the biggest amount of likes will automatically qualify for the final.
  • 8 performers with their own songs + 2 performers with covers + 1 performer with the most-liked song will qualify for the final.
  • PBC will hire songwriters so they can give their songs to those 2 performers with covers.
  • Participants with their own songs can swap & perform a song from PBC.
  • Every juror (5 experts + 3 PBC officials) will vote openly via Instagram :) Every juror will post their winner on their personal Insta pages (hashtag #uajesc2020).
  • The winner of people's online voting on the site will be counted as 1 vote and added to the jury votes.

Soon you can watch all videos and vote on this site:

Last edited:

EDC0708

In less positive news, :mk: North Macedonia has announced their withdrawal, they are the third country to cite Covid-19 as their reason for not participating.

Just Albania, Armenia and Portugal to announce from 2019's participants.

Romeo

If more drop out could 2020 JESC not happen? It's an ongoing situation with cases rising so could covid cause more countries to drop out? Even if they previously confirmed? Maybe pre-recorded performances could happen? Surely the EBU won't give up on another contest

EDC0708

I believe previously a minimum of 12 countries were needed for the event to take place, and we have 12 countries confirmed, it may depend on whether things get better or worse, as cases are climbing in countries such as France and Spain who are taking part. It looks like it is climbing slightly in host country Poland as well. A contest with each country performing from their own country, or having the option to do so, may be the best option.

AlekS

Veteran
:kz: The NF for Kazakhstan.

• The jury will select 30 songs for the online voting. The voting will take place from August 24 till August 31.
  • 12 entries will qualify for the final.
  • The televised final will take place on September 26.
  • It's 100% televoting in the final. The jury will be involved in breaking the tie only (if it occurs).

Kam2

:ua: PBC started posting received sumbitions on a dedicated YouTube channel.

AlekS

Veteran
^I'm wondering if Darwin just liked their insta post or he wrote a song for someone.
I've heard rumours that ADAM will prepare an entry one more time.

If you talk about qualifying, I wouldn't mind Karyna's entry (a worse version of Alysa Chydzhan). But I hope there will be better ones.

AlekS

Veteran
:by: After today's aired footage, imho BTRC should be banned for good.

Preparing for JESC NF & showing tortured youth being forced to repent, to frighten Belarusians, in the same time is a friggen sur.

BTRC news presenter & 7 TV hosts quit (including the host of Belarusian NF) (y)
I predict the EBU's reaction (if any) will be impotent.

Last edited:

Romeo

:by: After today's aired footage, imho BTRC should be banned for good.

Preparing for JESC NF & showing tortured youth being forced to repent to frighten Belarusians in the same time is a friggen sur.

BTRC news presenter & 2 TV hosts quit (including the host of Belarusian NF) (y)
I predict the EBU's reaction (if any) will be impotent.

What happened?

AlekS

Veteran
What happened?
Police beat a group of youth (guys & girls). And then police forced them to repent on video (guys had visibly beaten faces). BTRC showed that video in primetime news trying to scare and threaten Belarusians who haven't joined the protests.

Police/KGB threatened "talked" to oppositional leader for 3 hours right inside the National Election Commission building (in the Head's office), after that she was forced to record a video and move out of the country immediately. BTRC didn't show the truth & fully backed Lukashenko up.

BTRC aired numerous false untrue statements and stories glorifying Lukashenko & bullying 6000 arrested people (who are being held in schools because there's no place left in police departments, lying on the floor in blood & being tortured Guantanamo-style).

BTRC didn't air the info about murdered protesters.

BTRC is totally silent about crimes against humanity commited by police (such as arresting/beating/wounding children, beating pregnant women & elderly people, kidnapping & torturing people right in police departments, using grenades against protesters, shooting random people execution-style).

The channel & its bosses are accomplices of the regime and promote its crimes & threaten Belarusian citizens.

Their 4 TV hosts and 2 radio hosts couldn't take it anymore and quit (even despite the risk for their health & freedom).

Last edited:

Romeo

Police beat a group of youth (guys & girls). And then police forced them to repent on video (guys had visibly beaten faces). BTRC showed that video in primetime news trying to scare and threaten Belarusians who haven't joined the protests.

Police/KGB threatened "talked" to oppositional leader for 3 hours right inside the National Election Commission building (in the Head's office), after that she was forced to record a video and move out of the country immediately. BTRC didn't show the truth & fully backed Lukashenko up.

BTRC aired numerous false untrue statements and stories glorifying Lukashenko & bullying 6000 arrested people (who are being held in schools because there's no place left in police departments, lying on the floor in blood & being tortured Guantanamo-style).

BTRC didn't air the info about murdered protesters.

BTRC is totally silent about crimes against humanity commited by police (such as arresting/beating/wounding children, beating pregnant women & elderly people, kidnapping & torturing people right in police departments, using grenades against protesters, shooting random people execution-style).

The channel & its bosses are accomplices of the regime and promote its crimes & threaten Belarusian citizens.

Their 4 TV hosts and 2 radio hosts couldn't take it anymore and quit (even despite the risk for their health & freedom).

Thanks for the info. I have been following this since the election night. I spent the whole night watching a guy in the US who was following it and tweeting links to videos and things. There was a live stream in Minks and you could see the police / army / whoever were attacking people on the streets. Other videos were showing what looked like huge explosions.

It's certainly something the international leaders need to address - people may say their country their laws - but it comes to a point where enough is enough. Sanctions won't work because Putin will just help them out. Forced international effort to hold a legal election?

If North Korea is anything to go by.... nothing will happen

AlekS

Veteran
:ua: PBC announced the winners of the songwriting competition.

It's a joint collaboration of ADAM (composed our JESC 2018 entry) and Krut' (Vidbir 2020).
They created her Vidbir entry together, so I bet the song will be unusual like 99:

The song will be assigned to a finalist who submitted a cover.

Looren

Veteran
:ua: PBC announced the winners of the songwriting competition.

It's a joint collaboration of ADAM (composed our JESC 2018 entry) and Krut' (Vidbir 2020).
They created her Vidbir entry together, so I bet the song will be unusual like 99:

The song will be assigned to a finalist who submitted a cover.

Is it the song that will represent Ukraine ?

Top Bottom