Contact us

JESC 2020

Mainshow

Veteran
The very first German JESC entry will be either "See You Later" or "Stronger With You".
You can listen to very early versions of the songs here:

AlekS

Veteran
I hope PBC managed to catch this.
They haven't excluded her from the list. Wondering if they told her to delete that video, lol.
EDIT: They said they will check the finalists before publishing the shortlist. They will check bot activities too :cool:

69 entries overall.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
The very first German JESC entry will be either "See You Later" or "Stronger With You".
You can listen to very early versions of the songs here:
:de: :ge: imho it's gonna be Davit - Stronger With You. The jury was living.

Mainshow

Veteran
:de: :ge: imho it's gonna be Davit - Stronger With You. The jury was living.
You are the only one saying that. I've read quite negative comments online (from German fans). I also believe that Davit would be a suitable choice IF he is able to perform the up-temo track... the ballad ain't doing it, though

AlekS

Veteran
You are the only one saying that. I've read quite negative comments online (from German fans). I also believe that Davit would be a suitable choice IF he is able to perform the up-temo track... the ballad ain't doing it, though
The entry is being selected by the jury, nobody cares about fans. Wondering if they will show pre-recorded footage on Tuesday & Wednesday (if so, they've probably selected the winner already) or it's gonna be live?

Kam2

:ua:Shortlist
bot people’s winner
Covers:

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
My top 3:
Achkasov
McFarlane
Balabanov

Both performers with covers are very untypical for KRUTЬ/ADAM. Waiting for their song.

Kam2

My top 9 original songs
Bad:
9.Tvoye maybutnye (Your future) 3/10 your future girl is filled with views and likes that will amount to nothing.
8.Ok 4/10 not ok, most likely wouldn’t have made it to the shortlist if didn’t find that Polyubyla performance posted in February.
Listenable:
7.The Vibe 5/10 this is much better than Fly away from last year, but I’m not vibing to it.
6.The Spirit 5/10 average ballad - average ranking.
Good:
5.People 6/10 has great potential but needs a revamp to realize it.
4.Superbeat 7/10 Angelina watch and learn what the vibe truly is.
Please release studio versions, my player needs them:
3.Never get free 8.5/10 I adore the country feel this song has, adore the warmth of Olena’s voice and the whistling that she does.:love::love::love:
2.Ya b tudy 9/10 IMHO Lopukhov did a better job than he did composing Ozine sen and Leonenko wrote better lyrics than he did last year for Balabanov.
1.Vidkryvay 10/10 This hits all of my boxes, the only problem that Oleksandr has on his road to Junior Eurovision Is called Nikita Achkasov.

DanielLuis

Well this is surely getting cancelled.
Besides the EBU not giving any single official news since may, and after RTP (who has a seat in the Reference Group) saying "Portugal will be there IF it goes ahead", now even the host broadcaster TVP isn't sure the contest is happening.
When announcing their fall schedule they didn't mention JESC 2020 at all (unlike last year, when they revealed the hosts), other than to say that the NF winner will go to Opole instead if JESC is cancelled.
I just don't get why the EBU doesn't pull the plug right away instead of giving false hope to all the children competing.

Mainshow

Veteran
The entry is being selected by the jury, nobody cares about fans. Wondering if they will show pre-recorded footage on Tuesday & Wednesday (if so, they've probably selected the winner already) or it's gonna be live?
oh forgot this was happening xstars will vote soooon

It's definitely not going to be live. Just recaps and some sort of footage/documentary on how they found the entry. They will reveal the entrant and song title but the song's release will be on a later date, though.

Mainshow

Veteran
:pl: The themes of Szansa na sukces got announced:
1) Inter-generational Hits
2) World Hits That You Have Listened To
3) Songs from Fairytales

hijirio

Veteran
Idk where to post this but, our Kazakh princess Daneliya made it to semifinals of America's got talent

Ozine Sen should have won with all 12 points available

EDC0708

Well this is surely getting cancelled.
Besides the EBU not giving any single official news since may, and after RTP (who has a seat in the Reference Group) saying "Portugal will be there IF it goes ahead", now even the host broadcaster TVP isn't sure the contest is happening.
When announcing their fall schedule they didn't mention JESC 2020 at all (unlike last year, when they revealed the hosts), other than to say that the NF winner will go to Opole instead if JESC is cancelled.
I just don't get why the EBU doesn't pull the plug right away instead of giving false hope to all the children competing.

Unfortunately this is looking increasingly like the case, maybe it will be postponed until 2021? The current situation in Belarus makes it unlikely they would be unable to participate in November if the event does go ahead.

Joni

I don't think it will be totally cancelled, it might kill the contest. ESC always survives but JESC is different, it would be forgotten if they skipped one year. I think they might arrange it as a remote contest somehow, singers wouldn't have to travel to Poland but perform in their own country.

HayashiM

Veteran
:de: German entry:

Precisely the choice I'd been hoping for. I didn't really like See You Later, and I believe Susan is the best singer of the 5 at this point, owning her performances a little more than the others.

Not sure if it's gonna be my absolute favourite, but for JESC, it is a good start.

Kam2

:de: German entry:

Good, considering this is just the demo that will be improved till the contest and knowing the average musical level of the contest I think Germany has a good shot at getting top 5-7.
Let’s see if her ‘boyfriend’ (Oleksandr) gets the Ukrainian ticket to Warsaw next week.
They befriended one another when representing their countries at Junior Slavianski Bazar 2018.

Top Bottom