Contact us

JESC 2019

AlekS

Veteran

hijirio

Veteran

Ausesken

I suppose Spain is back because the regional TVs asked to be part of EBU, which means they (Catalonia, Madrid, etc.) could participate in the contests where Spain doesn't take part, like JESC. For sure, Catalonia would have participated, it's very interested in spreading its name XD. And Spain said: what??? No way, I come back so you can't participate on your own :lol:

Mainshow

Veteran
^^ That would be pure evil haha

Tbh, It has always come as a surprised to me that Spain stopped taking part in JESC since it was clearly getting the country good results.

Also, 90% of Spain's entries in this decade sounded more suitable for JESC than ESC anyway :D

Mainshow

Veteran
:az: just announced its withdrawal (after having said that they will take part a month ago)
#confused - Why did they change their opinion/decision within a single month? What did happen behind the scenes?

John1

:az: just announced its withdrawal (after having said that they will take part a month ago)
#confused - Why did they change their opinion/decision within a single month? What did happen behind the scenes?

Not sending any good entries to JESC and complaining once again about their results. Yikes.

Joni

I don't think they officially said they would take part, there was just one unofficial instagram post about it.

AlekS

Veteran
:ua: UA:pBC announced internal selection.

Just like last year, except the short list won't be determined by online voting ("thanks" to bots).
The short list will be published in the middle of August and the winner will be selected during the next 10 days after that.

Few participants (and finalists) from the current Voice Kids season are working with songwriters.

The Voice Kids final is on Sunday and it will be heavily inspired by ESC :D
One finalist will perform "Arcade", another one - Jamala's song, another one - ABBA's hit. :kz: 2018 (aka 2018 Voice Kids winner) will be an interval act, as well as Netta who will perform her song with the kids.
One girl will descend on the stage at a disco ball o_0.

AlekS

Veteran
The Voice Kids:

Confirmed NF participants (there will be more tho) from the current Voice Kids season:

As of now, out of all confirmed names my faves are:

Judging from the Round 2 task of Inakshi casting, the songwriters prepare a modern song (think of our last year's entry), uptempo with folky elements. The winner of the casting has high chances to win the NF, unless one particular Voice Kids superfinalist decides to take part in the NF.

Joni

^ That last video is really creepy, what is that guy, like 20 years old? :confused:

AlekS

Veteran
^ That last video is really creepy, what is that guy, like 20 years old? :confused:
But it's her fantasy, she wrote that mess of a song ;)
Exactly my problem when I was a kid - loving older guys who weren't interested in me or were afraid of the law (as appeared). She drowned her fantasies in the river tho.

AlekS

Veteran
:mk: Mila Moskov will represent North Macedonia:

The song will be revealed in August.

Poland

Host country in first time organise seminfinals to vocal, Junior Eurovision - date 8,15 and 22 September. Final is 29 September. In this week TVP organise casting to selection.

Loindici

Veteran
Confirmed: :es: performer = Melani García (also The Voice Kids winner)

AlekS

Veteran
:ua: ¡naksh¡ casting is over and they formed a band with the same name.

EDIT: They added a DJ. Judging from rehearsals (no audio) the song is a bop.

YmSSBkq.jpg
HbGLof9.jpg

The casting was hosted by Film.UA - the biggest TV/film production corporation in Eastern Europe, wondering if they will be involved after the NF (if the band wins). Film.UA works/is tied with our Eurovision co-broadcaster STB so that probably means indirect confirmation of Vidbir as well.
The song will be submitted in the last days of the NF deadline.

Sabiondo

Yerzhan Maxim which came 3th in the first ever Kazakh JESC NF last year & one of the joint winners at the Voice of Russia this year -(He came in 2 place, if wasn't by the boots that let the repetition of the final) will representing :kz: at JESC 2019 in Gliwce.

Top Bottom