5 2.8%

4 2.3%

10 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Andromache

I'm not the biggest fan of Due Vite. It's a standard italian ballad and entry. But his performance was really good and I'm glad that both the juries and the televote gave him high points.

Bmbriga

I'm really proud of my country and Marco
I'll be in SanSiro stadium in July with other 70.000 people singing loudly Due Vite and all his masterpieces.
Another year and another fantastic result and we Italians have to thank that fantastic and marvelous institution SANREMO.
I've always been worried and asked to myself who's going to represent us next year? Are we going to achieve a good result and be proud again?
Sincerely I felt a bit deluded only with Emma, the studio version is very good but her performance wasn't, for the rest I love more or less all our representatives. From the excellent Gualazzi to the most beautiful and talented man Marco.
If you listen to all these songs now you'll have a journey of pure Italian music in some of its declinations.
I'm a fan of esc since I was 10 years old and watched Carola wining in Rome, 14 years break was a long long time but it was worthy to wait because we understood that ESC isn't to be snubbed or even to take it to much seriously.
Esc is to be conquered presenting the best you have without coping any formula or following temporary tends.
I'm starting to get worried who is going to come next year but I hope, as always my worries will be swept away during the proclamation of the new sanremese contestants in December. ❤️
I think the popularity of San Remo is the reason why Italy always does so good.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think dreams come true for Italians with winning San Remo and then ESC is just a bonus.
Everybody comes with their best songs with San Remo in mind first and foremost.

I'm also a bit jelous. We had very popular festivals in Croatia and although they are still here their golden age is long gone and most people don't even know who's competing in them xcry

I think it's great how San Remo managed to stand the test of time and keep it's popularity.

mup

I wanted to say that part of Marco's success can be attributed to his manager (Marta Donà) who carefully planned his European mini-tour and media campaign that paid off. It probably seemed that Italy just went there with a ballad and a nice-looking guy but there are also people working from behind for a good result (the Italian delegation as well), not to mention that Marco and his team made an adequate revamp for ESC. The same careful work was clearly not carried out last year, given how tired the singers were from their tours and endless post-Sanremo events.

Preuss

God, it was such a pity that Mahmood and Blanco didn’t prioritize their Eurovision performance. Brividi is after all my favorite entry from Italy, but live, it’s probably one of the worst performances Italy’s done since their return…

Prayers and fingers crossed that Sanremo will keep the quality it’s had!!

Ajeje Brazorf

The bar is set high for Italians.
I hope Italians don’t feel the pressure to do well in Eurovision. It’s ok if some year your song isn’t in the top 10. :)
But until then I will say, Italy has been fabulous in the contest. Be happy about it. ;)

Oh, we actually don't feel that pressure, don't worry. Yeah, it's true Eurofans expect from Italy some quality stuff every year and our delegation will try its best to offer it, but it doesn't matter if we rank inside or outside the top 10. There are lots of countries competing and only one wins in the end, so the main focus should be put on staying true to ourselves and promote our music and culture in the best possible way. As long as we do so, I will be totally fine even if sometimes we will fail to achieve great results (because it happens to every country, it will happen to us someday too..).

sucof

I think the popularity of San Remo is the reason why Italy always does so good.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think dreams come true for Italians with winning San Remo and then ESC is just a bonus.
Everybody comes with their best songs with San Remo in mind first and foremost.

I'm also a bit jelous. We had very popular festivals in Croatia and although they are still here their golden age is long gone and most people don't even know who's competing in them xcry

I think it's great how San Remo managed to stand the test of time and keep it's popularity.
we miss the week of sanremo so much, here in italy we are waiting for december to find out who will officially participate in the next edition!
When a festival collects 50 million euros in advertising from sponsors it makes you understand how important this event is for Rai, for the singers and for the country.
I'd be curious to know how many millions of euros Eurovision collects in advertising from its institutional sponsors.
Ps for those who have amazon prime I suggest you see the second edition of the Ferragnez, to discover the behind the scenes of the Sanremo 2023 festival where Chiara Ferragni was this year's godmother.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
After some time listening to it and reading the lyrics, I must say this song is exceptionally beautiful.

And thinking about it maybe I overlooked San Remo after all this years because I feel like I'm missing out on some quality music.

Mainshow

Veteran
The bar is set high for Italians.
I hope Italians don’t feel the pressure to do well in Eurovision. It’s ok if some year your song isn’t in the top 10. :)
But until then I will say, Italy has been fabulous in the contest. Be happy about it. ;)

Personally, I think that :it: don´t think about Eurovision at first and thus, they don't feel "much pressure". Their "national final" is way more organic and authentic since Sanremo is somehow representative of what Italians may listen to and since Sanremo is the highlight of the whole year (when it comes to cultural events), the entries are backed up by the general public (and not only hardcore Eurovision fans or elderly people watching that broadcaster).
Thus, it's just a win-win situation.... and if an Italian entry flops at Eurovision, it doesn't really matter because they usually sent well-established acts or the "creme de la creme" of newcomers accompanied by one of their biggest hits of their career (since Sanremo winning entry perform so well).

crashworld

Veteran
The issue I have with the ESC fandom is that they always say Italy is "overrated" just because they have been so successful in recent years since their return. I mean, hello, please take sometime to understand how Italy "select" their entries. It is not some "rigged" NF/internal selection. It is blardy through Sanremo, one of the biggest and prestigious music festivals around the world. And just looking at how intense/rigorous their selection process and grading criteria is, of course you are bound to get quality acts & entries especially it is the winner of San Remo that gets to do ESC.

It is alright to say like their entry is not your taste etc. But to claim Italy is "overrated" year after year, this statement just reeks of jealousy and lack of proper understanding of Italy's selection proces. And I am not even one who consistently love Italy's ESC entries (only have 2012, 2019 and 2023 in my personal top 10 for that year), but I deeply appreciate the quality Italy is bringing to ESC year after year.

midnightsun

Veteran
I also don’t think they are overrated because: this here is the ESC bubble! Many young users here. The same on social media.

But we must not forget the people aged 50+ who are watching the final … millions of people who grew up with Italian music all over Europe‘s radios. Italy invented many genres including our modern music scene today!

What do you think come house/techno/club sounds in Europe from?
Yes, ballad country Italy!
Modern upbeat and EDM songs are based on Eurodance from the 90s. And who had the first ever Eurodance song the way we know before the Dutch and Germans invented it? Italy at the end of the 80s!
And what was this Italian song based on? Right, Italo disco fox in the 80s!
It goes back to the 70s, back to Albano & Romina Power, Toni Cotugno, Adriano Celentano, Eros Ramazotti, Gianna Nannini and so many more names that made all kinds of different genres popular in Europe!

So, you really think it’s by accident people love Italy? No! Especially for the elderly these kind of songs are not dated or boring but THEIR music! And the younger generation love Mahmood or Måneskin.

Italy is never overrated, they just know how to please all kinds of generations and even more: how to tickle emotions! They aim for people‘s memories from the past, people remember their good old times and are happy! Italy just knows how to make people happy. That’s it!

ESC94

You also have to keep in mind that :it: is the only member of the Big 5 that has a solid ground base of points in the televote, juries are a different topic. That means countries that nearly alway give them at least some points.

These are:

- the closest allies :al: and :mt:
- other countries in Southern Europe like :es:, :pt:, :gr: and :cy:
- countries with a large Italian diaspora like :fr:, :ch:, :be: and :de:

Last edited:

nudiecrudi

Pazza musica
A new song by Marco and Elodie
A bop

ESC94

The results of the televote for :it: this year:

1st place - :al: :mt:
2nd place - :de: :ch:
3rd place - :at: :hr: :sl:
4th place - :be: :fr: :il: :no: :ro: :sm:
5th place - :cy: :lt: :pt: :es: :se:
6th place - :ge: :gr: :md:
7th place - :az:
8th place - :am: :dk: :nl:
9th place - :ee: :rs:
10th place - :cz: :is:

11th place - :pl:
12th place - :ie:
13th place - :au:
14th place - :uk:
15th place - :lv:

17th place - :fi:

19th place - :ua:

Very good results for Marco. (y)

Ezio

Veteran
Lol at all these "standard Italian ballad". If this is Standard in Italy then this a blessed country. I think by all standards, this song is sublime.

sucof

I also don’t think they are overrated because: this here is the ESC bubble! Many young users here. The same on social media.

But we must not forget the people aged 50+ who are watching the final … millions of people who grew up with Italian music all over Europe‘s radios. Italy invented many genres including our modern music scene today!

What do you think come house/techno/club sounds in Europe from?
Yes, ballad country Italy!
Modern upbeat and EDM songs are based on Eurodance from the 90s. And who had the first ever Eurodance song the way we know before the Dutch and Germans invented it? Italy at the end of the 80s!
And what was this Italian song based on? Right, Italo disco fox in the 80s!
It goes back to the 70s, back to Albano & Romina Power, Toni Cotugno, Adriano Celentano, Eros Ramazotti, Gianna Nannini and so many more names that made all kinds of different genres popular in Europe!

So, you really think it’s by accident people love Italy? No! Especially for the elderly these kind of songs are not dated or boring but THEIR music! And the younger generation love Mahmood or Måneskin.

Italy is never overrated, they just know how to please all kinds of generations and even more: how to tickle emotions! They aim for people‘s memories from the past, people remember their good old times and are happy! Italy just knows how to make people happy. That’s it!
Furthermore, Italy invented rap in the early 70s, this was admitted by the Americans themselves.
The first rap song in the world is by Adriano Celentano, it's from 1972, and it's called Prisencolinensinainciusol.
Practically a song that "plays" in fake English for those who are Italian.

The song starts at 1.25, this is legend!!!!!

Last edited:

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
I think Marco Mengoni has so many great songs but his Eurovision picks are usually underwhelming, at least to my taste. I have a lot of songs by him that I listen to a lot, and some of them are even in my top 10 of all time most listened songs. But why he chooses such ballads for the Eurovision stage, I have no idea.

Ma Stasera and Una Parola are some of my favorites

Top Bottom