E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E ti vorrei rubare un cielo di perle
E pagherei per andar via
Accetterei anche una bugia

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E mi vengono i brividi, brividi, brividi​

Last edited by a moderator:

Jopi

random thought when listening to sanremo recaps: why are many italian singers their voices so raspy?
They smoke too much cigarettes:LOL:

The raspy voice has been adopted many years ago, when Louis Armstrong sung in Sanremo. The majority of the Italian singers, at that time, were tenors. A raspy voice was adopted as a new trend, to make the singing a bit dirty, suffered and not so clean and perfect like the tenor voices. Usually a raspy voice is fitted to rock, blues, jazz songs and these genres are very appreciated by the Italian songwriters. The most famous Italian cantautori (songwriters&singers) have had and have raspy voices, Lucio Battisti, De Gregori, Lucio Dalla, De André, Guccini ect ect and all the actual songwriters have been inspired by them, Mahmood and Blanco too.
As you have noticed, or maybe not, all the male singers are also authors of their songs. A simple singer has a lot of difficulties to get into the Italian music industry, some of them have won X Factor or Amici, famous talent shows, but then got lost (Lorenzo Licitra or Alberto Urso) All the most famous actual male singers are songwriters and most of them have raspy voices
Ayy, Alberto Urso is not a songwriter? Too bad. I didn't notice this trend before, but you mentioning some names, it definitely is true that most male famous Italian singers are also songwriters.

nudiecrudi

They smoke too much cigarettes:LOL:

Ayy, Alberto Urso is not a songwriter? Too bad. I didn't notice this trend before, but you mentioning some names, it definitely is true that most male famous Italian singers are also songwriters.
Sanremo 2022, all songs were sung the authors
Sanremo 2021 only Arisa sung a song written by Gigi D'Alessio, the rest all authors.
ESC ITALY from 2011 to 2022, all but only two of them Il Volo and Francesca, and maybe Nina Zilli didn't write the songs

Mainshow

Veteran
Sanremo 2021 only Arisa sung a song written by Gigi D'Alessio, the rest all authors.
ESC ITALY from 2011 to 2022, all but only two of them Il Volo and Francesca, and maybe Nina Zilli didn't write the songs
Nina Zilli is the co-writer/composer of "Per sempre" and "L´amore è femmina" (I bought her album).

Jopi

But Ana Mena is not a songwriter:LOL: That I know for sure.:LOL:
Also Francesca did co-write her song.

Underdark

I love the song very much but I really can't stand how Blanco sings and prononuce the words. very annoying.

ArmpitOfEurope

A 10 for Italy from me. Enjoying Blanco's parts more.
Cant see it winning but top 5 contender, great for a host country.

Mainshow

Veteran
Me watching "Farfalle"´s music video now and finally realising that he´s referring to some butterflies (and not to pasta) hahaha

I really like "Brividi" but I think this was my favourite in this year´s Sanremo.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
So. I listened at least a dozen of times to this entry before finally mustering an opinion.

I like Mahmood. He's the ESC artist I listened the most too. However I must say it's one of his tracks I like the least. I can't exactly pinpoint why, maybe because of the chorus that I find quite long and boring. It's lacking a hook of some sort.
That being said, I don't dislike this entry. It is well produced, there's no real default I can identify, but I can't listen to it on repeat without starting to feel annoyed.
A :6: for now, and I don't think it will go higher
Overall this SR was quite disappointing for me, usually I can shortlist 2 or 3 songs for my personal playlist but this time none of them made it.

Last edited:

nudiecrudi

So. I listened at least a dozen of times to this entry before finally mustering an opinion.

I like Mahmood. He's the ESC artist I listened the most too. However I must say it's one of his tracks I like the least. I can't exactly pinpoint why, maybe because of the chorus that I find quite long and boring. It's his lacking a hook of some sort.
That being said, I don't dislike this entry. It is well produced, there's no real default I can identify, but I can't listen to it on repeat without starting to feel annoyed.
A :6: for now, and I don't think it will go higher
Overall this SR was quite disappointing for me, usually I can shortlist 2 or 3 songs for my personal playlist but this time none of them made it.
I can understand why some people do not connect at all or a bit with this song. It's normal, impossible to like to everyone.
But this is the best we can offer now and somehow this song is getting a discret success becoming trend in some countries and selling a lot.
It has had a huge huge Italian consensus from press, experts and public, every Italian member of this forum can confirm it, and by now is getting the hype from the odds.
To be honest none of the songs released till now have had such selling records. YesI taly is a big country but Spain also and it has a wider market , Latin America, and we've noticed that even small countries can reach high selling rates, Iceland 2020 docet.
Anyway i appreciated your comment and the 6 points🙏🙏

sucof

prego guys.
I managed to find it despite Rai hiding this video in the depths of the ocean inside a concrete box!
I can say it's the most beautiful performance I've ever seen.

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm
Top Bottom