Tu portami dove sto a galla
Che qui mi manca l’aria

Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure whether Sony will invest in their ESC adventure or promtion since according to the rules of EBU it is for the national broadcasters to organize everything for the competition and the national broadcaster covers all the costs of the national delegation to the competition.

In case of Maneskin that's RAI, Sony has nothing to do with it.

That's also the reason why some quality entries fail at the competition because national broadcasters cannot cover for the costs of staging even or choreography. EBU charges even stage presence.

E.g. look at this masterpiece from N. Macedonia, qualified barely as last, because they had no money for promotion and staging, had no special effects.

Bosnia doesn't take part in the ESC for that reason, they don't have money.

Remisan

Excuse me, I seem to have said too much here and it's time for me to burn my tin foil hat.
Why did I even decide that I can talk about someone else's motivation? xwall
Most likely, Maneskin just made a stylish performance in the spirit of a small retro club
I never meant that they need to promoute themselves like Malta (god forbid)
I was just worried that there was silence about them on the Eurovision Instagram.
But most likely, the truth this will simply be later.
I think they are trying and our business is only to support them with our voices

Oh, Chorno i Belo - one of my favourite songs of 2012. Kaliopi is the best representative of North Macedonia. This song really lacked a beautiful staging.

Last edited:

nudiecrudi

I'm not sure whether Sony will invest in their ESC adventure or promtion since according to the rules of EBU it is for the national broadcasters to organize everything for the competition and the national broadcaster covers all the costs of the national delegation to the competition.

In case of Maneskin that's RAI, Sony has nothing to do with it.

That's also the reason why some quality entries fail at the competition because national broadcasters cannot cover for the costs of staging even or choreography. EBU charges even stage presence.

E.g. look at this masterpiece from N. Macedonia, qualified barely as last, because they had no money for promotion and staging, had no special effects.

Bosnia doesn't take part in the ESC for that reason, they don't have money.
I m not sure about that rule. If the discographic label wants to invest for the staging where is the problem for Ebu?
They can do it on behalf of RAI I think.
On the other hand it is the discographic labels that provides the videoclip and pay for the presc parties and other promotional stuff
Saying that I don't think Maneskin need something special for the staging. Just repeating what they've done in Sanremo would be enough adding some effects that the general staging offers.
Often i heard some declarations like RAI don't want because they don't have money. It's ridiculous. It is one of the most powerful public broadcast in Europe with a huge budget and around 30 TV channels. The only question is that RAI has other priorities, and ESC isn't one of them. Remember that each year RAI organizes an equivalent ESC. Sanremo absorbs 10-15 million € every year.

Mimmon

Veteran
Thanks to the logic of the rai, this video has become a rare find like a dinosaur skeleton

Ps, A my opinion: Not to be "nationalist" but the quality of the scenographic rendering (which helps a lot to enhance the exhibition) is sometimes lacking in Eurovision. It cannot be denied that the "elaborate" scenography, the orchestra and the play of light in Sanremo is at the top, unlike the Eurovision where everything is aesthetically very standard (the scenographies all look alike from year to year). I'm not saying it's ugly, but the Italian conception of scenography and lights is much more theatrical, unlike Eurovision where this is missing, in Europe scenography and light act as a filler, while in Italy it enhances every single performance .
I hope you understand me, it is not a negative note but a comparison between the two genres that I perceive.
I have all the songs in live if you intrested I can send you if you needed

Amethyst

Hello everyone! xwaveLong time lurker, first time poster...

I'm SO proud of our entry this year: quality & good message [+ rock ... that's definitely a plus for mexmetal] I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and I have no expectations but I'm really happy we took this 'risk' and the band will have this opportunityxup.

Can't wait to see them at Rotterdam - they are going to rock [no pun intended] that stage :devilish:.

[[sorry for my english]]

lacrymea

I'm SO proud of our entry this year: quality & good message [+ rock ... that's definitely a plus for mexmetal] I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and I have no expectations but I'm really happy we took this 'risk' and the band will have this opportunityxup.

Can't wait to see them at Rotterdam - they are going to rock [no pun intended] that stage :devilish:.

[[sorry for my english]]
Your English is fine :) Welcome to the community. And go go go Italy!

mauve

Veteran

[[sorry for my english]]
Welcome! Maneskin is my No. 1 this year! xbow

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
^ Thanks for your comment, darling! Now let me add it to the list of things I don't give a flying f**k about

A proof they are not really a Eurovision type contestant. The true nature of them while recording the new album.

They love music, they write what they believe in, and breathe as one. They are amazing!

Reminded me of Killing in the name - RAM

Zeus

Growing and growing in the odds..

Might seem unfair, but that helps in being picked up by media, fans, etc.

Also have the feeling that juries are sometimes influenced by popular entries in the odds as well (Israel 2018 for example).

So it might be the beginning of something good for Maneskin and Italy. As a big five country you should have something of a hype going on pre-contest, because you will only be able to perform live once. Positive thing is that Maneskin have the ability to make an instant impact with just that one performance.

stephanos13

Growing and growing in the odds..

Might seem unfair, but that helps in being picked up by media, fans, etc.

Also have the feeling that juries are sometimes influenced by popular entries in the odds as well (Israel 2018 for example).

So it might be the beginning of something good for Maneskin and Italy. As a big five country you should have something of a hype going on pre-contest, because you will only be able to perform live once. Positive thing is that Maneskin have the ability to make an instant impact with just that one performance.

I see your point but Francesco Gabbani would disagree. :lol:

Anyone claiming OGAE zero pointer Moldova could beat OGAE record holder Italy (497 points) in the actual contest would have been declared as crazy.
Even on the final day Italy had very low top 5 odds while Moldova had extremely high ones.
In the end, odds only reflect where the money is heading.

Zeus

True, but that to me was more of a fun act that didn't really succeed in creating a momentum on stage. And it always was a question of: how is the staging going to be? Because the song itself didn't really scream quality or for example vocal quality or something. Maneskin might score a little bit better with the juries and I have no doubts that they will have an impact when performing live on stage.

Top Bottom