E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran
Last night I had a dream Ermal Meta won San Remo 2021! :D

For you, as a swede is funny because ESC is a kind of religion . For the Italians isn't.
We have our '' own religion '', San Remo. Most of the critics and the press consider, or considered in the past, ESC as a circus style cheapy show where songs are a sort of guarniture but not the main dish.
It is so beautiful to be different.
Yes! That's why Italy always stands out among the participants, your songs aren't made for Eurovision but for the Italian people. You are truly benefiting from it. Well... Unless the Italian press begins to see the entries the Swedish delegation are putting out as the main dish and unfortunately use that as an inspiration. :devilish:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I'm pretty sure that the time for an Italian ESC-hosting will come, and with a fine following from the Italian audience too. Hopefully it will happen after an Italian female singer's victory.

Mrm

Veteran
I'm pretty sure that the time for an Italian ESC-hosting will come, and with a fine following from the Italian audience too. Hopefully it will happen after an Italian female singer's victory.
Do you expect male and female duet, Francesca Michielin feat Fedez for example? :D

Loindici

Veteran
20 km of cables, 60 builders and technicians, 600 square meters of LED walls, 500 motorized projectors, 50 days of work to assemble it.

EtyHbnhXAAEeAf4

EtyAn3JXcAEiyu3

EtyH_ftXEAUzEX2

Are they trying to transport Italians to Chromatica?

nudiecrudi

Yes! That's why Italy always stands out among the participants, your songs aren't made for Eurovision but for the Italian people. You are truly benefiting from it. Well... Unless the Italian press begins to see the entries the Swedish delegation are putting out as the main dish and unfortunately use that as an inspiration. :devilish:
I don't think Italy should be inspired by Sweden. Both countries are successful in different ways, and I'm not taking about only winning but the quality of the proposals.
I just want to remind that Italy 2015 is the most televoted song, Italy 2017 the most YouTube watched and italy 2019 the most streamed. Not bad at all for a country that doesn't care that much.
Two countries with two completely different point of view regarding ESC, but both successful
Why copying someone s formula when your's functions?

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Do you expect male and female duet, Francesca Michielin feat Fedez for example? :D

Yeah, that too... I'm just happy we avoided the victory with craps like Marco Mengoni or Il Volo.

• Hatrið
Reactions: Mrm

A-lister

Veteran
I don't think Italy should be inspired by Sweden. Both countries are successful in different ways, and I'm not taking about only winning but the quality of the proposals.
I just want to remind that Italy 2015 is the most televoted song, Italy 2017 the most YouTube watched and italy 2019 the most streamed. Not bad at all for a country that doesn't care that much.
Two countries with two completely different point of view regarding ESC, but both successful
Why copying someone s formula when your's functions?

I think you misunderstood @SwedishFailurez comment, I read it more as a praise of how Italy handles ESC and stays true to yourself and that hopefully it remains that way instead of trying to copy Sweden which many countries are doing (bringing in either Swedish songwriters or try to copy the formula and thus losing their identity).

nudiecrudi

I think you misunderstood @SwedishFailurez comment, I read it more as a praise of how Italy handles ESC and stays true to yourself and that hopefully it remains that way instead of trying to copy Sweden which many countries are doing (bringing in either Swedish songwriters or try to copy the formula and thus losing their identity).
I understood perfectly what @SwedishFailurez meant and I agree with you about conserving the italian identity.
I just explained why the italian press ( some music critics, because the rest of the press doesn't care about ESC at all ) consider ESC a waste of resources.
A question of priorities. For the italians ( audience, critics, gossip press, commercials ) SanRemo has the priority above everything. Every year SanRemo is the most watched show and many resources are used to make this event more spectacular ( and too long ).

sucof

This is actually funny that Italian journalists are complaining about the costs of eventual hosting if Italy wins the contest when the budget of managing the San Remo Festival is much more expansive than the average Eurovision hosting.
are you sure? it does not seem to me that Italian journalists worry about the costs of organizing Eurovision in Italy.
We Italians have paid for years without ever participating from 1998 until 2011, if someone confirms me I believe that Rai is the second or third contributor to the EBU and the Eurovision production, can you confirm it for me? thank you

Loindici

Veteran
the summary of the ratings of yesterday's songs based on 17 newspapers and sites, which expressed a clear vote (and not only a comment).

And the best song according to the press is... Peyote's!? That's a shocker!

elanyvx

And the best song according to the press is... Peyote's!? That's a shocker!
Yes.
1. Willie Peyote
2. Colapesce & Dimartino
3. Max Gazzè

24. Francesco Renga
25. Orietta Berti
26. Random

but it's just a first impression based on just listening to the songs, with the live performance everything can change.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
@GianlucaTomoe

But last night I had a dream Ermal Meta won 2021 San Remo! :p

He already did that pretty well in 2018, time for a new one ;) Now, as a next thing, he should participate and win Festivali i Këngës ;)

njdevils94

Veteran
Yes.
1. Willie Peyote
2. Colapesce & Dimartino
3. Max Gazzè

24. Francesco Renga
25. Orietta Berti
26. Random

but it's just a first impression based on just listening to the songs, with the live performance everything can change.

Wasn't the press super high on Alberto Urso's song last year? We all know how that turned so I wouldn't be to overly worried if the press aren't fond of a song at first.

Top Bottom