Tu portami dove sto a galla
Che qui mi manca l’aria

Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:
Every year I'm amazed how proud and defensive of their entry Italians are, bless you guys xheart I guess only Austrians can compete with you guys in this

I'm not really a fan of the song personally but it's objectively a good song. I can't see it winning (yet) and am rooting for other songs to win but I'd be glad for Italy if they do. Even if they don't win, a top 5 seems to be set in stone, don't worry
Every eurofans is proud of their song. All European champions face off at the ESC. It is very prestigious. However, I want to tell you that with Emma and Michielin we were not proud! :nervous:

Thanks for the nice words! xlove

DanielLuis

Every eurofans is proud of their song. All European champions face off at the ESC. It is very prestigious. However, I want to tell you that with Emma and Michielin we were not proud! :nervous:

Well your loss for not being proud of Michielin. One of the best Italian entries of the decade

I hope this is a result of jury votes leak.

@H.P. Lovecraft and Amethyst and Remisan - thank you for staying objective, but also genuine in what we were conveying on this thread in the past month or so. I love you for your attitude.
Never say the word "love" to an Italian. It's like showing a red blanket to a bull! xheat:lol:

Thanks for your kind words, Polly. I have always appreciated your interventions in the thread.xclap

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

Are u kidding me? Emma slayed the stage and was one of the best this final

Or you mean İtalians are proud only when they are favorites to win?

nudiecrudi

To be honest, personally, Emma was the only one I felt really bad. Everything was wrong in that performance. The song is good but she put to much stuff.
Francesca was ok but I agree with @H.P. Lovecraft that she wasn't mature enough musically.

sucof

from wiwibloggs:

• As excitement around Eurovision 2021 reaches fever pitch, Italy find themselves favourites to win this year’s contest at a 30% chance, though the market is still wide open.
  • Italy took over France (24%) late last night after the publication of the running order, with former favourites Malta dropping to 11%. Ukraine (10%), Switzerland (9%) and Iceland (5%) round out the top six.
come on we don't win!

Sure! We are like Real Madrid. The team must always be ready to win the Champions League! Haha.

In reality, the answer is simple: Emma is not a product chosen by the Italians but pushed by a powerful showoman like Maria De Filippi. Michielin did not win Sanremo. Even if the rule of our Festival is to give up in favor of another, for us it is not the best choice. The champion must be sent to the ESC!

However, it does not seem to me that we have ever won. It would be logical to say that our goal is the Top 10 for us, as was Tusse's choice for Sweden: a safe final.

Last edited:

malombra

After the tough "Grower - Fader - Dark Horse War" xmad that resulted in the poor Midnightsun thread being deleted xcry, I had decided like Doctor Manhattan to take the blame and self-exile to allow members like Mauve to enjoy the EscUnited stay. I don't know ... maybe my mother had a secret relationship with my real father ... a flypaper. Is that why the haters always attacked me? xthink

However ... someone has desecrated my sleep by uncovering my pyramid and now ... the time has come to make some clarifications xqueenbitch

I state that I will no longer respond to any provocative haters xbeee but to those who express their ideas with a little logic.

Dear Malombra, it seems you are Italian like me, even if ... your very fine and refined assonance "Maneskin" / "Mannequins" xbowcombined with your riding the wave that every Italian considers the ESC and each of its songs Trash (it is false) they make me doubt you. Forgive me, surely I am wrong. I am malicious and investigative by nature xqueenbitch

I appreciated your musical analysis made of references to well-known artists. However, even if you have been an attentive music listener for 44 years, your considerations have holes.

Nobody, not even the industry experts here in Italy (journalists and musicians from Rolling Stones magazine) have said that the Maneskin are a "pure product" xleft The Maneskin are the ones who are bringing a little bit of attention back to Rock into the mainstream: theirs can be called a perfectly constructed Rap / Hard-Pop Rock. This is the most that can be achieved in a modern society that hides behind false good intentions. Do you want real Rock? That of the junkies and the protesters? The ESC stage, these artists (if there are still any), will never see itxshrug

What I like about Maneskin is that they have been able to combine "being good guys" and professionalism with the anger of this musical genre xup

If you know music perfectly, I can tell you that Rap in Rock is not an innovation at all ... One of the first examples of the genre was "Year of the Guru" by The Animals, a psychedelic rock band where singer Eric Burdon , according to AllMusic, he "achieved" the role of a "modern rapper". Another example is "I Wanna Be Your Dog", a 1969 track by the garage rock / proto-punk group The Stooges. In 1983 KISS released the song "All Hell's Breakin 'Loose", included in the tracklist of the album Lick It Up, with singer Paul Stanley performing rap verses. I could go on but I want to avoid. The problem is that any discussion about music becomes boring... xbored

The Betting Odds speak and speak about the affection of the European public for our singers. Apparently our work has been rewarded so far xyes

I conclude by telling you that the ESC is a "springboard" for excellent and promising artists, a vehicle to make themselves known to the world public. What do you expect Elton John and Enrique Iglesias to clash on stage? xthink

That said ... I don't know who wrote it, I don't remember, it is much more likely that France and Switzerland will penalize each other rather than the Maneskin and the Blind Channel who, apparently, seem to feel no competition between them. It seems that they also respect each other very much (see the BC cover of "Zitti e Buoni").

Personally, anyone can win. I am enjoying the show and have suffered from every elimination (even if some were obvious). What was my biggest regret? Tornike Kipiani with "You" xcry Then ... I can say that Croatia did not deserve elimination and neither did Estonia but it is true that the competition is tough and those who manage to excite the public a little more go to the finalxshrug
Dear H.P. Lovecraft, I'm Italian and I live very close to Emma Marrone's hometown which I think was one of the worst Italian proposals for ESC (sic). Coming to your clarifications: I talked about the rap phrasing inserted in the song, saying that it works very well in Italian. To your previous list, all in English, how can we not add RHCP and Aerosmith with Run DMC? ;) and you know that maybe there is a Genesis song that has something similar (unfortunately I don't remember which one). I did not write that Italians consider ESC Trash ... I wrote that, in the few editions I followed, the level of musical proposals seemed to me rather mediocre with countries that offer texts not in their language, rather conventional, mainstream pimp music with a lot of epic and sonic emphasis.Returning to Maneskin, come on ... my criticism is benevolent, I appreciate their intellectual honesty in proposing songs that are not stylistically homologated to the rampant mainstream ... a more refined musical research ... but of time, lucky them, they have time...ehi do you remember "Prisincolinensinainciusol" del caro Adriano? :))
P.S. non erano i Genesis ma i Gong di "You"

Last edited:
Watch this one win the televote in a landslide only to get dethroned because of the jury's obsession with some generic and mediocre ballad.
Do you want to know what I think? It sounds strange but I prefer not to win the ESC! I love to see Italy always competitive and to arrive punctually in the "Top 10". I love to see our detractors explain to us that we are overrated because of one C Diesis too many (that they never studied music then it doesn't matter). In this way we advertise without investing too much (we are already among the top taxpayers together with the other Big ones). We have the problem that Sanremo costs more than the ESC. Dealing with another expense is not an easy thing. Our being competitive has allowed Italy to bring the attention of the European public to Sanremo. This is our victory.

I cheer for France, Switzerland and Malta who have the cards on the table to win. I would add that Ukraine and Finland can annoy the favorites. Tatanka surprised me a lot. To be honest, my mom and I both enjoyed your rep's stage presence, voice, song and Kid Creole & Coconuts attire.

Dear H.P. Lovecraft, I'm Italian and I live very close to Emma Marrone's hometown which I think was one of the worst Italian proposals for ESC (sic). Coming to your clarifications: I talked about the rap phrasing inserted in the song, saying that it works very well in Italian. To your previous list, all in English, how can we not add RHCP and Aerosmith with Run DMC? ;) and you know that maybe there is a Genesis song that has something similar (unfortunately I don't remember which one). I did not write that Italians consider ESC Trash ... I wrote that, in the few editions I followed, the level of musical proposals seemed to me rather mediocre with countries that offer texts not in their language, rather conventional, mainstream pimp music with a lot of epic and sonic emphasis.Returning to Maneskin, come on ... my criticism is benevolent, I appreciate their intellectual honesty in proposing songs that are not stylistically homologated to the rampant mainstream ... a more refined musical research ... but of time, lucky them, they have time...ehi do you remember "Prisincolinensinainciusol" del caro Adriano? :))
P.S. non erano i Genesis ma i Gong di "You"
I'm sorry I doubted you. In the Ranking Game it happened that many "strange" new users (with flags not of their country) voted for their representative and their allies.

We could spend hours talking about music and giving examples. I love it! But some may get bored and so I avoid.

What you say about the ESC is half true. Yes, the cultural roots that distinguish some nations have been lost a little and yes, many in the past years have opted: either for the moving ballad "Frozen model" or a repetitive catchy sound full of fireworks. But I have also seen great artists with great vocals and stage presence. I will mention a few: Sampson, Lundvik, Hanni, Sunstroke Project etc ... It is obvious, in every competition there is a champion like the Maneskin and some minor proposals like Aiello. It is not possible to have 40 champions in the race. This year I must say that I have seen more courage in other European nations and the proposals are interesting. And this is the right way: not the "IKEA model" (all pre-built) but craftsmanship. When nations experiment and exploit their languages (Denmark, Ukraine, France, Switzerland etc ...) it is possible to see a compelling ESC. I love a universal language that allows us to understand each other but I love more real emotions and not castrated by creative stakes. We should find a way to approach our souls and accept ourselves for our differences rather than blindly forming ourselves into a single model. These are my thoughts. I'm not saying they are right regardless. Everyone can think as he wants.

A-lister

Veteran
Watch this one win the televote in a landslide only to get dethroned because of the jury's obsession with some generic and mediocre ballad.

Yeah, what's this being killed by the juries in favor of France, Switzerland and Sweden :(

Yeah, what's this being killed by the juries in favor of France, Switzerland and Sweden :(
IDK really why they constantly repeat that here.

All professional musicians' reviews that we have posted here were 12/12 for Zitti e buoni.

Just ignore them and vote. 🤣

Top Bottom