Che qui mi manca l’aria

Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

spinachpie

The bookies are crazy for Italy after rehersals. Today Italy pushed through to the steady favorite over France - 23% for Italy and 19% for France.

On Wednesday Maneskin will perform at wiwi jam.

Good time to place a bet will be after both semis. Bookies will shrink some acts based on the semi performances, which will result in Italy lengthening somewhat. Guaranteed.

i anixi

Being robbed only 1 time. Il Volo deserved to win. That is unquestionable. In that edition block voting influenced the jury vote. The televote was won by Il Volo with the highest amount of available votes ever.
Mahmood would have been a solid winner but I can deal with Duncan s win.
I don't see how something like that can be unquestionable. Had they won, in my view, they would have made the worst esc winner of the decade. Cheesy, inflated dated old popera... It would have helped sink the contest and given good reason to those out there who enjoy laughing at it. Bless the juries 🙏

i anixi

I am kind of warming up to this, or at least it is beginning to dawn on me where the appeal is coming from. There's definitely life throughout this performance.
Yet, I am still at bay to understand where the votes for this victory are coming from: are they coming from the same juries who put North Macedonia first 2 years ago? Or are the average family all over Europe suddenly fall on their knees and realize they must pick up their phones to vote massively for the one kind of music they never choose to listen to?
Of course, beters must know better. They don't want to lose their money, do they? I just would like to know what they're thinking.

nudiecrudi

I don't see how something like that can be unquestionable. Had they won, in my view, they would have made the worst esc winner of the decade. Cheesy, inflated dated old popera... It would have helped sink the contest and given good reason to those out there who enjoy laughing at it. Bless the juries
In your view, well said.
But that cheesy old pop opera appealed to the wide European public more then the Portuguese heart transplant soapopera.

A-lister

Veteran
I don't see how something like that can be unquestionable. Had they won, in my view, they would have made the worst esc winner of the decade. Cheesy, inflated dated old popera... It would have helped sink the contest and given good reason to those out there who enjoy laughing at it. Bless the juries 🙏

For once I agree with you, and mostly I wouldn't praise the juries but in this particular case they did something right.

It's kinda funny though because usually the juries like cheesy and dated music, wheres the public is more open-minded and in-touch, so that was an exception from the rule.

nudiecrudi

I am kind of warming up to this, or at least it is beginning to dawn on me where the appeal is coming from. There's definitely life throughout this performance.
Yet, I am still at bay to understand where the votes for this victory are coming from: are they coming from the same juries who put North Macedonia first 2 years ago? Or are the average family all over Europe suddenly fall on their knees and realize they must pick up their phones to vote massively for the one kind of music they never choose to listen to?
Of course, beters must know better. They don't want to lose their money, do they? I just would like to know what they're thinking.
You don't have to think.
Just imagine all the votes that Sobral got. Italy can have the same votes too.
Why do you find so difficult to understand?
Maybe because of the huge support this song is getting?

i anixi

In your view, well said.
But that cheesy old pop opera appealed to the wide European public more then the Portuguese heart transplant soapopera.
I wasn't aware of that, but I will believe it, since you're saying it. Of course, I don't really know what a heart transplant, any heart transplant, has to do with it, but I guess that the wide European public bad taste in music has contaminated you're own taste in making unfortunate, childish comments.
Anyway, as I said before bless the juries for being there and setting things straight.

nudiecrudi

I wasn't aware of that, but I will believe it, since you're saying it. Of course, I don't really know what a heart transplant, any heart transplant, has to do with it, but I guess that the wide European public bad taste in music has contaminated you're own taste in making unfortunate, childish comments.
Anyway, as I said before bless the juries for being there and setting things straight.
You know very well what I was talking about.
For you grande amore was a cheesy old pop opera, for me the Portuguese song was a heart transplant soap opera. Nothing more nothing less.

i anixi

For once I agree with you, and mostly I wouldn't praise the juries but in this particular case they did something right.

It's kinda funny though because usually the juries like cheesy and dated music, wheres the public is more open-minded and in-touch, so that was an exception from the rule.
I do agree with you up to a point. More often than not I find myself agreeing with the combined result achieved by both jury and public vote (Duncan, Netta, Jamala) , but not with one of them in particular. Exception be made in the aforementioned case and also in 2011, where jury's choice of Italy would have been my own.

i anixi

For you grande amore was a cheesy old pop opera, for me the Portuguese song was a heart transplant soap opera. Nothing more nothing less.
It's just that I don't remember the 2017 Portuguese entry being a matter of discussion before regarding this matter, so I don't understand the call. What's one thing got to do with the other?

A-lister

Veteran

I don't like neither Italy 2015 or Portugal 2017, nor am I fan of Salvador, but I think it's a low-point to mock someone's heart-problems xshrug

Mainshow

Veteran
I will not accept any shade thrown at Il Volo.
The EBU took that victory away from :it: and that's why - I totally support the "idea" of Italy winning this year -even though I heavily disliked the song at first (I need to update my ranking because now I strangely think that Maneskin are quite exceptionalyl brilliant ...not part of my Top 10 yet but who knows.. maybe the performance will blow me away), :it: continues submitting quality and authentic entries and a victory would be SO deserved!

nudiecrudi

I don't like neither Italy 2015 or Portugal 2017, nor am I fan of Salvador, but I think it's a low-point to mock someone's heart-problems xshrug
I didn't invent anything. His personal problems were well known and hugely commented becoming a soap opera to my point of viewv

A-lister

Veteran
I didn't invent anything. His personal problems were well known and hugely commented becoming a soap opera to my point of viewv

The fact that you don't see anything wrong in the comment you made is . a . choice

Hopefully you'll come to the conclusion that mocking someone's heart issues is really a low point... one can dislike the song or even the artist, heck I think Salvador is one of the worst winners from 2000 onwards and I was highly vocal about his attitude towards the contest, but I would never ever come up with the idea of mocking him for his heart problems... that's a no-go!

nudiecrudi

The fact that you don't see anything wrong in the comment you made is . a . choice

Hopefully you'll come to the conclusion that mocking someone's heart issues is really a low point... one can dislike the song or even the artist, heck I think Salvador is one of the worst winners from 2000 onwards and I was highly vocal about his attitude towards the contest, but I would never ever come up with the idea of mocking him for his heart problems... that's a no-go!
I wasn't mocking at all.
To my point of view his win was influenced by his personal problems which became a soap opera during the ESC period.
I wish him a good and long life.

Top Bottom