6 3.6%

6 3.6%

6 3.6%

53 31.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Avi-Ramos

I am still unsure about the song and the all situation. but this singer..... she is like another level . Rare voice , I hope for her, all this pressure won't harm her .

Marcos C

musicfan

There's a strange dichotomy between the verse and chorus. I don't feel much emotion in the verse so it ends strangely with it. It's like it's all put into the chorus but it feels dirge-like dragging out the melody and repeating it. Israelis say its amazing but probably because of what they say it represents to them than because there is really much merit in it at all.

Loindici

Veteran
To preface, Israel Breaks Rules is an account with a clear goal. However, I'm not going talk about them.

I'm talking about the rough Hebrew to English translation of this article from Ynet's official website about the selection process. Yes, I've checked by activating my Google translate over the web and I get the same results.

And from that translation, the Israel participation intention is seemingly clear, but this is outside of contextual translation which might give a different meaning towards the article.

crashworld

Veteran

Usually, I don't care much about what the reactors say. But this music teacher (I believe he is from Serbia, but I could be wrong because I am not good at recognizing Balkan languages) makes a good breakdown on how the song is being made from a song composition perspective.

And I really like at how he described the part where there is not much of instrumental in the back and only focuses on Eden's vocals, it's like as if Eden is talking to you and lamenting her pain to you. I agree with this. There is something very clean in the production on Eden's vocals. Really can't wait to watch a 'live' performance of the song. It could be very impactful knowing how well Eden can sing.

And with that, I have decided to upgrade this song to a :12: (the one and only) and this song is my no. 1 for this year's contest, knocking off Spain.

Israeliboy

Usually, I don't care much about what the reactors say. But this music teacher (I believe he is from Serbia, but I could be wrong because I am not good at recognizing Balkan languages) makes a good breakdown on how the song is being made from a song composition perspective.

And I really like at how he described the part where there is not much of instrumental in the back and only focuses on Eden's vocals, it's like as if Eden is talking to you and lamenting her pain to you. I agree with this. There is something very clean in the production on Eden's vocals. Really can't wait to watch a 'live' performance of the song. It could be very impactful knowing how well Eden can sing.

And with that, I have decided to upgrade this song to a :12: (the one and only) and this song is my no. 1 for this year's contest, knocking off Spain.
It doesn't come as a surprise. The most talented song writer and composer in Israel (for my taste) wrote and composed this song.

Btw this song of her, 14 years ago, called "Rainfall" (so Eden's song Hurricane).

Realest

Mr. Gerbear ignores :il: as well (and :az: too btw)

crashworld

Veteran
The more Hate she gets, the more Votes shes getting from me.

But you won't be able to vote her since Germany is voting in SF1. Hopefully Israel can qualify to GF with ease.
I am tempted to send Israel/Eden some votes in SF2 since my country will belong to the RoTW, but it's so costly to vote.

han-g

I think that's why I'm very meh on the song, melody and instrumentation are very important to me and without the support I find songs too reality tv show and artificial.

Realest

But you won't be able to vote her since Germany is voting in SF1. Hopefully Israel can qualify with ease.
I am tempted to send Israel/Eden some votes in SF2 since my country will belong to the RoTW, but it's so costly to vote.

As if she needed my Votes in the Semi ;)

pyryniemi

On other forums, some people are convinced Israel is winning the televote because of the situation :unsure:

Top Bottom