1 0.8%

3 2.5%

7 5.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Israel-scaled.jpg

Phoenix

The song has a lot of interesting elements, but the chorus ruins everything.
I kinda agree with this. It's an interesting song with a lot of variety, I like 70% of it and I like how she performed it, but that dance beat on the chorus sounds poor and cheap and it does ruin the song a bit.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I find that cheap eurobeat during the chorus cute but I see people's points here. It could cheapen the song for some. Then again this is that kind of entry where I don't think the production will matter so much. It's all about the fun and joy the three minutes are going to bring people. Golden Boy cost 50 pence to make and yet Europe loved it still.

Loindici

Veteran
Now you know.

Joke on side, your comment is not nice. The girl is from Israel: Israel, just like many other countries, comes in many shapes, sounds and colours. Ok?

Gurl I stan Eden

But that song clearly took a lot of African influences, it feels like the Haba-Haba of 2020. And I like it. Still, if you want us to pull the skin color cards then I'll provide you the way.

giphy.gif

Alaska49

i thought that was shade on benny cristo haters actually lol

heke1988

Multilingualism is my only problem of this song. I understand she wants to honor his roots (singing in amharic), but in four different language? That might be a big risk, because it may confuse people. Despite that I will give this 6 points, although I don't like very much love songs.

Seems like Feker Libi has the potential for a top 5 placement right now because this one of among most accessible song right now and yet doesn't feel bloated or too cliched. Let's see how the staging will evolve until the live shows.

Well done Eden!

:10:

Last edited:

ESC94

The song is pretty good!! I really like this African influences and she sings it also quite well, the mix of the languages is also interesting. The chorus is sadly not as strong as the verses and sounds indeed a bit "cheap" for me. The song also reminds me of :no: 2011 a bit, in some parts a bit too much.

Due to the weakness of the chorus and the similarities to "Haba Haba" I give this entry still pretty strong :8:.

Good job :il:!! xup

Datura

unfortunately i'm not feeling this. roots was imo by far the best song and had the best staging aswell. oh damn... :/

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Just watched all the live performances on youtube... what an NF, she slayed 'em all xheat
These past few days Rakata slowly overtook Feker Libi as my favorite, but I'm perfectly fine with the result. This is the banger I was waiting for, I love the ethnic elements and Eden know how to put up one hell of a show. Here goes a clear :10: and second place in my ranking.

Sammy

Veteran
I don't really get the comparison to Haba Haba. This is so different: not the same language, not the same style, not the same rhythm, not the same vibes - literally NOTHING that compares to it. Oh well yes - I forgot: both are upbeat.

Brandt

I love the festival-ish celebration vibe of it. I hope it won't face the same faith as Haba Haba.

Mainshow

Veteran
:7: I love the second part of the chorus and the climax of the song but the 90's inspired verses sound so off!

Iker

Veteran
I don't really get the comparison to Haba Haba. This is so different: not the same language, not the same style, not the same rhythm, not the same vibes - literally NOTHING that compares to it. Oh well yes - I forgot: both are upbeat.

Both are performed by black ladies though, how dare you overlook that! :unsure: :LOL: I hope it does better than Haba, Haba hype did.

grazy2266

I'm really not feeling this song, it reminds of some dated Eurobeat from the 80's I think this may struggle to be honest.

Loindici

Veteran

Well they both promote African languages (one Swahili, one Amharic) repeated in a sequence, they're both built from an afrobeat base, and they are fun upbeat songs. Of course they're not carbon copies but both has that amazing imprint for a delightful funtime.

Mrm

Veteran
xbow xbow

It is different part of Africa and it can be heard. :)

Sammy

Veteran
Both are performed by black ladies though, how dare you overlook that! :unsure: :LOL: I hope it does better than Haba, Haba hype did.
I deliberately did because skin color doesn't matter to the song. If that's the only thing that make people put it in the same box, it shows how shallow the comparison is. No-one would say Dami Im was just Anggun 2.0 just because both songs were sung by asian ladies, right? :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom