8 6.8%

12 10.2%

20 16.9%

10 8.5%

21 17.8%

• Total voters

crashworld

Veteran
It's the opposite for me. The studio cut did nothing for me. But the song came alive when he performed 'live'. He did amazing with his vocals and sells the song with conviction. If the staging is done right, I can see this doing very well with the jury vote if he continues to deliver 'live' despite having a snoozefest song.

Grinch

I was already in love with this song and then this happened

tenor.gif

WHAT A VOICE! SO impressive... xheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheart

crashworld

Veteran
As dreadful the song is, Kobi has an amazing voice. If the song manages to do well, it's all Kobi's doing.
I am wondering if the Jury will like this enough to reward his vocal capabilities.

NicoRobin

I like the song and I'm sad that it's underestimated. I hope it'll make a correct ranking in Tel Aviv.

AliceEsc

I'm still amazed by this song, Kobi's voice and the emotions it brings with each listen. Good luck!

crashworld

Veteran
The new version doesn't sound too different. Just more instrumentals/beats in the background. Not drastically improving the quality of the song.

ZoboCamel

Mmm... not a huge fan. I like some of the changes - the little ethnic guitar in the verses/outro, the sparser first chorus etc. But cutting down on the pianos, toning down the final chorus and (especially) adding that weird pulsing beat throughout just removes a bunch of the drama that I liked about the song in the first place.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Roughly 13 in 20 revamps at Eurovision could serve the entries they revamp better by not occurring.

10000% one of the 13. What a disastrous revamp, stripping any of the sincerity from the song. It's gone from American Idol winner's single (naff but kind of cute) to X-Factor winner's single (naff and deeply calculated). I HATE those build-up drums. A song just outside my top 10 tumbling down my ranking ~20 spots is the kind of thing my perception of this year could ultimately survive but hardly something it couldn't do without. This one is getting an

ce7VZbv.png

from me now.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
tenor.gif

What's with that beat? Trappings of a news show/nature documentary/hospital drama with it now, and it's bizarre. Weirdest revamp I've heard in ages. It simply does not work.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

midnightsun

Veteran
The chorus is great in the revamp! Superb choice! But the verse :-/ No no no...
Still great, still my no.1 but Russia is now closer more than ever to take the first place in my ranking.

mauve

Veteran
This song is actually growing on me. And one thing is for sure: he has a great voice! This song definitely enriches ESC this year.

Mainshow

Veteran
The revamp is horrible. The entry was part of my Top 10. I really loved the classy arrangement. It was honest and sincere... I have the feeling that the strings and the utterly irritating guitar are taking away that feeling from the song.. It feels warmer but also quite cheesy and artificial now. What a mess.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
And here I thought Spain had the worst revamp of the year. This is one of my favourite songs. Or at least it was. I can't believe removed the beginning vocal. It was the best opening of any song this year. And now it has a random beat. The only good news is that the final minute is basically the same.

Stop changing things that didn't need changing!

Romeo

The first version was perfect... this is just strange

rnCpvRK.gif

BorisBubbles

Veteran
k with all the people clutching their pearls at this Supposed Horrible Revamp, I listened and... I can understand why the Kobi fans dislike it. The instrumentation is immersion-breaking.

However... why would you want to be immersed in Home, of all songs, anyway? The revamp is shit mostly because the source material was shit to begin with. Home has, and will always be a lump of greasy smarm with the biggest of its many glaring flaws being that its supposed "depth" [Citation needed] was barely skin deep anyway (Who is the "you" that made Kobi "someone". Define "someone" please. It's central to your song, ANSWER THE QUESTIONS, ISRAEL) and that's still there, so.

Top Bottom