Contact us

Is the jury agenda coming full circle now?

Mrm

Veteran
I'm curious to see if we come back (I hope we won't) what will be aproach towards ESC..hmmm..will it be in English this time? :?

tuorem

True, but broadcaster see the results of the few daring to do so, and with that knowledge they won't risk it xshrug

Yeah, I know. I've noticed that the winner of an edition kind of inspires a bunch of entries of the next edition, maybe Zeljko should have won instead of Loreen. :D
I was so sad to know that almost no one stick to their language.

A-lister

Veteran
Well to add insult to the injury, the lack of Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia didn't help matters...

I'm torn about this matter, like I said a million times. Disapprove full televoting, yet I don't agree 100% with the juries because of the potential trashing of certain entries (on purpose? we will never know).

Well, whether one agree with juries or not, it's obviously flawed when juries have the final say and when a public 12-pointer can end up with 0 in the end and juries can calculated and cynically destroy the chances for entries.

tuorem

I'm curious to see if we come back (I hope we won't) what will be aproach towards ESC..hmmm..will it be in English this time? :?

I guess that if your country stuck with your national language so far, it's because (thankfully) you won with "Molitva".
Otherwise, I'm pretty sure you would have at least tried once to send something in English like your neighbours.

Terence

So maybe it's time to return to the top 10 rankings combined system (pre-2013) then? I don't know which is the best situation xshrug

Mrm

Veteran
I guess that if your country stuck with your national language so far, it's because (thankfully) you won with "Molitva".
Otherwise, I'm pretty sure you would have at least tried once to send something in English like your neighbours.

I think we are in horrific situation, RTS will have to find somebody who wants to do ESC..and it will certainly be somebody unknown and ppl here don't like unknown at all and then don't follow the festival at all.. :?

A-lister

Veteran
So maybe it's time to return to the top 10 rankings combined system (pre-2013) then? I don't know which is the best situation xshrug

Well, it's atleast more fair than the current ones. Sure juries still have potentially more power, but atleast not as blatant as now when they pretty much can rule the show and punish entries in calculated moves.

Mrm

Veteran
[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

Yeah I know Dragana is already chosen, I know, I know.. :mrgreen:

Funny thing is that Dragana actually lives in Wien more than 15 years! :lol:

kippesoep

You could also expand the scoring to the full list of 26. It's kind of strange that the number 11 gets as many points as number 26.

GWTW1939

I posted this in the other thread but I guess it fits here too :geek:

Jury
1. Central (Austria)
2. Scandinavian (Sweden)
3. Western (Netherlands)
4. Central (Hungary)
5. Balkan (Armenia)
6. Western (Malta - 24th televote)
7. Scandinavian (Finland - 17th televote)
8. Eastern (Azerbaijan - 22nd televote)
9. Scandinavian (Norway - 16th televote)
10. Scandinavian (Denmark - 13th televote)

4 Scandinavian, 2 Western, 2 Central, 1 Balkan, 1 Eastern

Televote
1. Central (Austria)
2. Western (Netherlands)
3. Balkan (Armenia)
4. Scandinavian (Sweden)
5. Central (Poland - 23rd jury)
6. Eastern (Russia - 13th jury)
7 Western (Switzerland - 22nd jury)
8. Eastern (Ukraine - 12th jury)
9. Balkan (Romania - 17th jury)
10. Central (Hungary)

3 Central, 2 Western, 2 Eastern, 2 Balkan, 1 Scandinavian

Televote looks a bit more even to me xshrug......also jury sure love those Scandinavians :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Sweden did indeed sound like a standard Eurovision ballad, Ukraine had 2 sec of ethnic elements and that was it, Russian entry VERY Russian? I guess Norway was the only "different" in the top. 10 (maybe not a Norwegian sound, but atleast something different from the standard... however it could have been a British entry aswell).

I would literally murder someone in broad daylight to have a song like "Silent Storm" represent my country. There has never been anything in the contest like it before, let alone sent by my country. Shine was a very Russian pop song though, what other countries would have such dramatic chords in their pop?

At least Poland reached the final this year against all the odds that were stacked against them. This has been a great year for the quality of the music and alternative genres.. but a dreadful year for culture.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Yeah I know Dragana is already chosen, I know, I know.. :mrgreen:

Funny thing is that Dragana actually lives in Wien more than 15 years! :lol:

A-Lister will love your entry next year, as will the entire UK population xyes

Mrm

Veteran

She is now in Bollywood, already working on the perf. for Wien 2015.. she works with the most famous Bollywood actors and producers.. xyes
And here is her performance from European championships in volleyball in 2011, exactly in Austrian capital!! t's in English, you have to check it, you will ADORE it, it's live, one of the best performances EVER!! "Riding through the fire" is called! xlove It's beyond magical..:) I promise you couldn't get enough of it when you hear it for the first time! xyes

GWTW1939

Sweden did indeed sound like a standard Eurovision ballad, Ukraine had 2 sec of ethnic elements and that was it, Russian entry VERY Russian? I guess Norway was the only "different" in the top. 10 (maybe not a Norwegian sound, but atleast something different from the standard... however it could have been a British entry aswell).

According to the Russians on Russian forums "Shine" is very Russian.....except it only represents Russian music of the late 90s not Russian music in 2014 xshrug

Their complaint wasn't its not Russian sounding but instead the complaint was it was dated

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
[MENTION=12196]Mrm[/MENTION] it's clear that we have our winner of the 2015 contest. I can envision in my mind Conchita handing over the trophy to Dragana...

BUT you will face stiff competition from my country when we send Preeya to counterattack you.

Mlyn

Banned
They juries of Scandinavia and ex-Soviet Union tried to kill each other's success....

Major rivalry exists between Scandinavian and ex-Soviet bloc states.
After the crumbling of the Balkan voting bloc in 2013, the two dominant voting blocs, the Scandinavian bloc and ex-Soviet bloc, attempt to destroy each other in this year’s contest – using both their national juries and televoters. Very few points were exchanged between the two voting blocs. As you can see below, both Scandinavian juries and televoters were anything but generous with their points.

Also interesting:

While Austria decisively won the contest, several countries’ juries tried hard to derail Conchita’s victory. Those countries were Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Montenegro, and Poland. However, televoters disagreed with their juries. Austria was ranked second in the Armenian televoting, third in the Azeri televoting, forth in the Belarussian and Polish televoting, and fifth in the Montenegrin televoting. If the EBU scrapped the jury in this year’s contest, Austria would have won with 315 points based on the televoting only.

Politics, rivalry, coercion: Eurovision 2014 voting results

Mrm

Veteran

I love stiff competition! xlove I love excitement! :D
That Chinese dancer must be there as well!! xlove Without her I don't accept it at all!

A-lister

Veteran
They juries of Scandinavia and ex-Soviet Union tried to kill each other's success....

Also interesting:

Politics, rivalry, coercion: Eurovision 2014 voting results

I love how everyone is talking like Conchita is sent from heaven and deserved all 12's, but no one seems to be bothered by what for instance the UK and Irish juries PURPOSLY did to Poland for instance... as always double standards where western/nordic countries can do "no wrong" but all blame for corruption and flawed voting are put at eastern ones. Maybe some didn't vote for a drag in beard and listened to the dated song he performed instead xshrug

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I love how everyone is talking like Conchita is sent from heaven and deserved all 12's, but no one seems to be bothered by what for instance the UK and Irish juries PURPOSLY did to Poland for instance... as always double standards where western/nordic countries can do "no wrong" but all blame for corruption and flawed voting are put at eastern ones. Maybe some didn't vote for a drag in beard and listened to the dated song he performed instead xshrug

Yes because young, innocent classical singer Laura Wright is really going to be into screeched, polish hippidi hop music with an in your face, sexualised performance? Check the juries from all over Europe and you'll find they almost all felt the same way about the entry as the UK and Irish juries did. I don't agree on how we didn't give them any points and think the ranking system needs to go back to how it was before.. but can you honestly expect a performance and song that many are going to perceive as being vulgar, winning the hearts of juries all over Europe? It's a very specific person that's going to enjoy the Polish entry.

Mlyn

Banned

Of course Conchita is sent from Heaven and My Slowianie is sent from a brothel :lol:

Today in the office, Poland was talking point No. 1 and everybody laughed so hard about them.... someone said it was a ridiculous song and the butter grinding maid was embarrassing...

Well, of course we are just common people and don't stand up to your sophisticated demands in music and your personal wisdom

Top Bottom