Contact us

Ignore list upgrade

AdelAdel

The problem is that even though posts of a member, who is on the ignore list, are hidden, if someone else quotes that member's posts, they are visible anyway. Could a mod upgrade the ignore list, so that posts quoted by other people are hidden also?

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
TBH I'm not sure if that's possible :/ quoted posts is just the content of the original post, quote in the new post and original post don't really have any connection (except the content and link to that post in the quote)

A-lister

Veteran
How does the ignore list even work? If I add some member there does this mean he/she can still see my posts and comments or is it just that I can't see his/hers?

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
How does the ignore list even work? If I add some member there does this mean he/she can still see my posts and comments or is it just that I can't see his/hers?

If I'm not wrong, you can't see that member's posts/etc., they're "hidden", but you can see them if you want to (by clicking on them)

A-lister

Veteran
If I'm not wrong, you can't see that member's posts/etc., they're "hidden", but you can see them if you want to (by clicking on them)

Hmm, but can that member see my posts if I add him/her to the ignore list? I mean shouldn't the whole point with ignoring also be to make yourself 'invisible' for the ones you ignore?

Milos-BC

^^ I think that he/she needs to add you to the ignore list as well, if he/she wants to make your posts invisible as well. This way, only the posts of the person you are adding to the ignore list are hidden for you, but they can still normally view yours.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
^^ I think that he/she needs to add you to the ignore list as well, if he/she wants to make your posts invisible as well. This way, only the posts of the person you are adding to the ignore list are hidden for you, but they can still normally view yours.

Correct :D

A-lister

Veteran

I see, well then it's a bit of an odd 'ignoring' imo.

CC92

^ No, ignoring is not supposed to be a punishment but more like a 'downer' for yourself. I do not know a forum where it is handled differently/the way you suggest it.

A-lister

Veteran
^ No, ignoring is not supposed to be a punishment but more like a 'downer' for yourself. I do not know a forum where it is handled differently/the way you suggest it.

Actually, I'm not that bothered because although I might have had argues with some here I still never ignored anyone, but I can think that it could maybe be a solution to stop some arguments if none can read the others posts :)

AdelAdel

Actually, I'm not that bothered because although I might have had argues with some here I still never ignored anyone, but I can think that it could maybe be a solution to stop some arguments if none can read the others posts :)

But this isn't really a problem, even if your "enemy" responds to one of your posts, you won't be able to see it anyway, so it's like that person never responded.

alca

But this isn't really a problem, even if your "enemy" responds to one of your posts, you won't be able to see it anyway, so it's like that person never responded.

Yeah but he/she'll (the "enemy") think he/she told you off if you never reply... xshifty Why give them the pleasure? xshifty

Just to make it clear, I have no problems with anyone. I just happened to read this topic and I "had to" reply. xshifty :p

AdelAdel

Yeah but he/she'll (the "enemy") think he/she told you off if you never reply... xshifty Why give them the pleasure? xshifty

No way! If you're not responding that basically means that you don't want to continue a discussion. And if you still present your point of view, that means that you're still interested in the topic.
An example: Person X says that he hates a specific ESC country, and that their songs are terrible, etc. Proving that person wrong is 100% ineffective, so that discussing it with a brick in the wall makes more sense. In order not to waste more time on that person's nonsensical comments, you ignore them, either by adding that person to ignore list or just ignore normally.

r3gg13

Wouldn't it be easier to just ignore a person's post base on your will? I mean sometimes people just bug your for a minute/convo or so. You just don't read it even if its still posted right in front of you. So putting them on ignore list would be ridic.

In general too, I don't see why a list like this needed, we can truly and efficiently do exactly what this feature is aiding us without th use of this feature. Well, all we need to do is just not read the post we don't want to read

Top Bottom