I found places that I never explored
You're so fascinating
And I can't remember the last time I was bored
I don't wanna know what would've happened if I never had had your love
I didn't become myself before I met you
I don't wanna know what would've happened if I never had felt your love
Everything about you I like

How does she keep getting better?
Every day our love finds a new way to grow (Finds a new way to grow)
The time we spent together
Hmm, feels good

How does she keep getting better?
Every day our love finds a new way to grow
The time we spent together
Hmm, simply feels good
We got a good thing going​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
This is just a big crap, even "Think About Things" was better

I'll give it a :2: when the song will be officially revealed
You are not alone on that. I never understood why so many loved it last year ... and this one isn't better either. 3 pts from me.

Mainshow

Veteran
RÙV reacted tot he leak:

What happened is that we submitted the song on Tuesday, when we were required to submit it to the Eurovision contest. And less than a day later it had been leaked, or it has leaked on the internet.

It is clear theft, it is not in itself a leak. This has happened before, more than once. It shows how great the anticipation is when it comes to how much people want to hear this song. That is something we can feel positive about, that there is a lot of excitement to hear the entry from Daði & Gagnamagnið this year.
source: https://eurovoix.com/2021/03/11/ruv-reacts-to-leak-10-years/

I'm a little bit confused. They said they had to submit the song this Tuesday (9th March) and that that date was the official deadline...

Does the EBU has individual deadlines for certain countries? I mean, the final of Melodifestivalen hasn't taken place yet and Israel is still working on the revamp. I have no clue what kind of deadline they are talking about.

DanielLuis

RÙV reacted tot he leak:

I'm a little bit confused. They said they had to submit the song this Tuesday (9th March) and that that date was the official deadline...

Does the EBU has individual deadlines for certain countries? I mean, the final of Melodifestivalen hasn't taken place yet and Israel is still working on the revamp. I have no clue what kind of deadline they are talking about.
The EBU allows for countries to submit the song a bit later in special circunstances, and this is usually the case with Sweden and Melodifestivalen I believe

Mainshow

Veteran
I never thought it would be necessary to submit entries like 1 week in advance of the head of delegation meeting, though.
And I think it's not fair that everyone has to be ready but Sweden or Israel get an additional week or more to make adjustments.

DanielLuis

I never thought it would be necessary to submit entries like 1 week in advance of the head of delegation meeting, though.
And I think it's not fair that everyone has to be ready but Sweden or Israel get an additional week or more to make adjustments.
Sweden doesn't really make adjustments though, they always send the NF version.
Revamps are an exception in general I believe. France only presented their 2019 revamp on the rehearsals in Eurovision, I remember Portugal 2020 also only released the final revamp in like april, etc (and I'm pretty sure in this last case RTP hadn't sent the revamp in time, because FdC was held in the weekend before the HoD meeting). But again, it's usually special circumstances, and in those cases only minor reworks are allowed.

A-lister

Veteran

I think with adjustments it's something different, maybe (my guess) if the songs are already out there (like the case with MF songs), then the EBU could have already checked all of them and checked if they're eligible but with internally selected songs that haven't been publically released yet, they need to send it in on a certain date so that the song can be checked in time for the final deadline (which from my understanding is on 26th this year actually) so to give the delegations time to adjust or change entry in case it turns out it's not eligible... I mean it makes sense right?

I dunno xshrug

Mainshow

Veteran
^^ Ah, maybe they have different deadlines for internally chosen entires. This makes sense and is fair, imo (because they had no opportunity to check it prior submission).

That statement by RÚV really made me think of why there are (at least) two different deadlines for different countries but this explanation sounds logical to me.

The 26th, though? - I have never heard of such late date before... I have always thought that each delegation had to have everything ready by mid-March (Head of Delegation meeting) or did they extend it because of Covid-19/unusual circumstances?

A-lister

Veteran
^^ Ah, maybe they have different deadlines for internally chosen entires. This makes sense and is fair, imo (because they had no opportunity to check it prior submission).

That statement by RÚV really made me think of why there are (at least) two different deadlines for different countries but this explanation sounds logical to me.

The 26th, though? - I have never heard of such late date before... I have always thought that each delegation had to have everything ready by mid-March (Head of Delegation meeting) or did they extend it because of Covid-19/unusual circumstances?

Well, I can't say for sure but it makes sense. I mean imagine the mess if they have a final deadline and a bunch of entries would turn out to be not eligible, are they going to have all those countries withdraw then? xshrug

I dunno for a fact if it's 26th, it's just a date I found somewhere, but it could have been for the back-up performances though that will be used in ESC (in case they can't perform in Rotterdam). I don't remember really what it was for more than it was some sort of deadline.

Mainshow

Veteran
e mess if they have a final deadline and a bunch of entries would turn out to be not eligible, are they going to have all those countries withdraw then? xshrug

I dunno for a fact if it's 26th, it's just a date I found somewhere, but it could h

I just looked it up (Oh gosh, I have no life).

According to eurovision.tv, broadcasters needs to have submitted their live performance recordings by the 26th March, 2021.

When do all the live-on-tape recordings have to be delivered by?​

Each participating broadcaster must submit their live-on-tape recording by 26 March 2021.

According to Wiwibloggs

15th March is the deadline for submitting entries (songs) to the EBU

source: https://wiwibloggs.com/eurovision-calendar-events-dates-times-links/

This is also how I remembered it from previous years (that the head of delgations meeting coincidence with the deadline for submitting entries.

A-lister

Veteran
I just looked it up (Oh gosh, I have no life).

According to eurovision.tv, broadcasters needs to have submitted their live performance recordings by the 26th March, 2021.

According to Wiwibloggs

15th March is the deadline for submitting entries (songs) to the EBU

source: https://wiwibloggs.com/eurovision-calendar-events-dates-times-links/

This is also how I remembered it from previous years (that the head of delgations meeting coincidence with the deadline for submitting entries.

I see, so it was the performances then.

Yeah, I also recall it being mid March (I wonder if they will expand it for Russia for example since it seems there isn't even a final studio version for that one).

But yeah, so in normal cases it seems they set an earlier date for internally selected entries, but I think they technically have the same final deadline as the rest, but yeah it probably needs to go through some checks first. Imo that's the fairest thing to do.

Mimmon

Veteran
RÙV reacted tot he leak:

I believe so....Samanta aswell mentioned multiple times in show that she needs to submit before 9th of March...

I bims

Veteran
RÙV reacted tot he leak:

I mean, in cases like Sweden it doesn't really matter if they submit their final entry later than other countries because they don't have an advantage or something.
Melfest songs have been picked months ago and are fixed. So they don't have more time than any other country. So it is still fair. The swedish entry is basically already public, earlier than most entries this year.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Melfest's dates were decided before the EBU decided on their submissions deadline for 2021. Hence why Sweden got the exception.

Ezio

Veteran
RÙV reacted tot he leak:

First of all, SVT can do what they want, so please don't question that ever again.

Second of all, they have already submitted Tusse, inofficially.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I have a sort of melody stuck in my head since a day or two. I suspect it to be 10 Years' chorus but i don't know if this is it tho.
If this actually is the chorus of this entry, the song already grows on me even though i only listened to it 1,5 times with watermarks added.

Let's wait the official release, but if this song works on me that much, Daði owns me for sure.

i anixi

Still waiting for the proper release of the song, as I wasn't around at the same time as the leaked audio. I'm happy though because I'd rather get the whole package with video and audio at once.
These people's music has got a very marked personal stamp, they are unique in their own quirky/nerdy way. Those who couldn't connect to their (to me) delightful humor before, will of course not connect now and never will.

Mrm

Veteran
At what time today the official presentation is set for? And will it be just official video premiere on yt, or he will perform it live somewhere?

Top Bottom