Let's dance
Oh-oh
A rockin' romance
This ain't our last dance
Let's dance​

Last edited by a moderator:

aef

Y'all. Semi 2 First half. :gr: :md: :sm: :rs:

At least one of them isn't gonna make the cut.
Obviously :rs:. I dont't think :rs: is strong this year at all. Let's wait for the diaspora turnout but this would be my obvious guess for not making it.

(I don't see :gr: in the same column as the other mentioned songs though)

Iker

Veteran
It is a decent pop song with some 80s undertones to it. Not something very strong but I find it better / more enjoyable than Supergirl that was in my bottom 5 of studio cuts of would-be ESC. I found Supergirl awful, this one is an improvement though still leaves me cold.

Last edited:

Frenchbaguette

A BOP ! Better than supergirl for me, more mature, more profesional, more chances to qualify (and arghhhh SM, Moldova Serbia and Greece in the same half ;_; )

It gives me little Dua Lipa vibes, that's really my type of music. I was dancing to it under the shower today.

:10: and right into my top 10 ! Yessss the new songs are of better quality than the ones we had last week !!

bstream

First off, I will say that I was ready to give a pretty superb score after the snippet and am now not going to do that, so compared to snippet, pretty huge letdown, and maybe that's coloring my thoughts.
I felt the same way, but then I minimized the video and just listened to song by itself, and my assessment improved. So I’m pretty sure it’s the weird and incongruous music video that throws off the whole listening experience lol

It doesnt have that instant grab “Hero” has (i find the pre-chorus rather weak), but the chorus and subsequent lines hit just right.

I like it! I want it to do well, and I think the staging should be absolutely nothing like this music video

Fluke

Very ambitious but cold and soulless. It could be a Kirkorov production! :p

Pål Nordahl

Can’t stop listening to this! Love how raspy her voice sounds in her lower range and the melody in the pre-chorus is beautiful. Combine that with a bop of a chorus, an 80s rhythm and some Greek Mythology visuals and I’m sold.

So happy to see Greece back in my top 10! 🇬🇷

Iker

Veteran
It has grown on me. Actually now I think the chorus kicks ass (I disagree with those claiming it's a letdown and those oooohhh sounds do not bother me unlike in many other songs with them) and the song is currently stuck in my head. I like the contrast between the dark 1st verse and that very uplifting chorus. I wish the instrumental was slightly richer but ethno sounds would not fit well here in my view so it is not that
what I am missing.

Last edited:

Shadowfuxcs

I am giving my home country's entry a 6. Did not get into it with the highest of expectations, and having suffered the indignity of being "represented" by such horrors as "Utopia Land", "This is love" and Yanna Terzi's smoke emergency in the past, I am happy we have been saved from one more embarrassment by having the juvenile sUPeG!RrL?/ being replaced by this... decent pop track. It is a solid song and the production value to my ear sounds way above the average of the past decade's Greek entries. I am very confident this will can be our stronger showing in years, possibly around 17-21 place in the final.

It is one of Kontopoulos' best non-Kirkorov aided contributions in the contest. All the more reason for him to retire asap. Having Fokas as the stage director used to be a recipe for success but since 2018 he has had more misses than hits. He built his name in the 00's when the stages were simpler and the staging was about props and choreography. When it comes to incorporating the modern LEDs in the performance, I find him to be less successful. Thankfully this is the kind of song that is really up his alley.
As for Stefania, she is very commendable for going so far at such a young age. Unfortunately I still find her a tad too vanilla for my taste. It feels like she has not developed her own artistic style yet. Age can be an excuse, but we still have seen teenagers participating in esc that have a much better grasp of their artistry. The biggest problem for me is the tone of her voice which sounds extremely generic and thus fails to elevate the song or deliver a memorable moment towards the end. I suspect she might lack the musical references outside from what has been popular in the mainstream market the last few years and that's what's holding her back.
For her shake, i hope this is not a flop. The Greek media have been over-hyping her for more than a year as the new Paparizou due to their shared background: both coming from the diaspora and introducing themselves to the Greek audience at a very young audience via Eurovision, coming to make an impact after a streak of bad results.The difference is that Elena first took part in 2001 when there was no hype whatsoever about the contest in the country. I feel too much burden and expectation has been thrown towards Stefania already. If the result is not deeemed ''good enough" I am afraid she will get thrown under the bus (Kontopoulos is some kind of Intergalactic Deity for local media and he will stay untouchable no matter how many flops he delivers). I hope for the sake of her career this turns out well. If it turns out bad then at least I will have one more reason to justify my hate for Kontopoulos, which works just fine for me.

opinionsigotem

Ok, this has crept up on me. I didn't hear a note of the promised Dua Lipa in it (though I guess the drum machine makes it quasi-eighties idk) but it's solid Classic Europop and I don't want that to completely die off in the contest. Much better than Supergirl.

Franzilein

Crap. Haven't listened to this before, since I expected another Supergirl which I strongly disliked, but came here from Poland's thread because people liked to compare the two...

Why is this also such an amazing entry? There are only so many songs I can fill my top 10 with, stahp o_O
Can't help but feel like I heard the chorus before though, that movement sounds way too familiar... xexcuseme

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Somehow I missed commenting on this song. It's not bad. I really like the verses. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that they're awesome. They're slightly mysterious and powerful. You sense it's all building up to something absolutely killer and then.... woah oh oh oh woah oh oh oh woah oh oh oh *facepalm*. Why, whhhhhyy? This is so close to being fantastic but then it goes lazy with its chorus for some reason. Urhhh it's just frustrating. I have to say though that for me this is so much better an offering than last year.

:6: from me for now with the potential to go higher.

Top Bottom