21 5.9%

18 5.0%

24 6.7%

11 3.1%

78 21.8%

• Total voters

Grinch

Re: GREECE 2012

Hmmm... I've just saw Kostas' pics on google and surprisingly became a fan :lol:

Melodi

^ I've been a fan of him since i saw his photos too. :lol:

It's not impossible to see Martakis, and I think he will be a good choice. I'm not his fan, but I pretty like him, especially for his looks (xheart) and he can do well with an uptempo pop song!

:cry:

He has beautiful up-tempo songs but "Anatropi" is my favourite. I don't understand a single word but i love it. xheart

Maybe my dream comes true one day. xwait

aletem

Nana Mouskouri! :mrgreen: Tsalikis, Valando, I see those as enthusiastic choices. I don't think Vandi will participate at all, and someone mentioned that last year.

ethn

a big name to present greece is totally out of the question...for me VEGAS would be a very nice choice /FOUREIRA also has the 'what it takes' to be in eurovision/but in the possibility of her representing Greece, it s like hearing (actually reading ) already the comments in the forum

'oh,right,greece is back again with the same style entry as in years, up tempo song,ethnik elements, dancing alot on the stage...nothing special,safe choice,bla bla bla bla ' :D

Grinch

I want Loukas again next year! But without rap! Please send him again :D

I'd like to see him again also (I'd not mind if i see him every year tbh :mrgreen:) but for Cyprus this time :)

sharkboy

I'd like to see Loukas or Sarbel next year. They were the best of Greece's entries.
I still listen to Sarbel's "Yassou Maria" every once in a while :D

CypriotGirl

Veteran

Nana Mouskouri! :mrgreen: Tsalikis, Valando, I see those as enthusiastic choices. I don't think Vandi will participate at all, and someone mentioned that last year.

Not Valando for Greece! Not another Cypriot for Greece, PLEASE!!!!!

I'd like to see [Loucas] again also (I'd not mind if i see him every year tbh :mrgreen:) but for Cyprus this time :)

xgood

I'd like to see Loukas or Sarbel next year. They were the best of Greece's entries.
I still listen to Sarbel's "Yassou Maria" every once in a while :D

The same with above! :twisted:

Last edited:

CypriotGirl

Veteran

About Foureira, what the people in forums say really doesn't matter! They used to say this every year, especially in 2007 and 2008, but Greece was in top 10 again and again! The problem with Foureira is that she's of Albanian descent, and as Greeks we are one of the most racist nations, and even in 2010, when she just accompanied Manos Pyrovolakis in the Greek NF the comments I've read about her in forums were just ughhhh... Imagine if she goes as a solo artist! I wouldn't like to be in her position! On the other hand, I'd like her to represent Albania and win! That would be awesome! But I doubt it, because she does not even admit that she's Albanian, because she knows what is gonna happen (I've heard that the company she is in contract with - Universal Music - does not allow her to say that she's Albanian because she'll lose a lot of "fans", for the known reason)!

sweet_passion

About Foureira, what the people in forums say really doesn't matter! They used to say this every year, especially in 2007 and 2008, but Greece was in top 10 again and again! The problem with Foureira is that she's of Albanian descent, and as Greeks we are one of the most racist nations, and even in 2010, when she just accompanied Manos Pyrovolakis in the Greek NF the comments I've read about her in forums were just ughhhh... Imagine if she goes as a solo artist! I wouldn't like to be in her position! On the other hand, I'd like her to represent Albania and win! That would be awesome! But I doubt it, because she does not even admit that she's Albanian, because she knows what is gonna happen (I've heard that the company she is in contract with - Universal Music - does not allow her to say that she's Albanian because she'll lose a lot of "fans", for the known reason)!

That's the big problem. She does not openly admit that she's from Albania.
I think that she has the wrong managers with her. (Tamta never hided her origins and yet, she's doing great with her career in Greece.
Most of the comments i read about her, criticising her 4 not saying she's from Albania, and not cause she is Albanian.
Anyway, i think it's time to send a modern song without folk elements.
For exemple why not Shaya with a song like "in ur eyes", Nikos Ganos with something like "last summer", Vegas (mad aout you) Tamta (tonight). A song like those above would easily place Greece again in the top 10 and even higher in my opinion.

ethn

That's the big problem. She does not openly admit that she's from Albania.
I think that she has the wrong managers with her. (Tamta never hided her origins and yet, she's doing great with her career in Greece.
Most of the comments i read about her, criticising her 4 not saying she's from Albania, and not cause she is Albanian.
Anyway, i think it's time to send a modern song without folk elements.
For exemple why not Shaya with a song like "in ur eyes", Nikos Ganos with something like "last summer", Vegas (mad aout you) Tamta (tonight). A song like those above would easily place Greece again in the top 10 and even higher in my opinion.

correct!!!that is the issue and the fuss that has been created......and if i am not mistaken, she was trying to let people think she has origins from mexico...

nikos ganos,not bad choice....

sweet_passion

I'm glad u liked my idea about Ganos!! :)
I personally prefer "last summer". A song we danced a lot during our holidays on the islands...
We need a song that is fresh and modern, not the usual recipe, with the upbeat dance rythm and a bit of traditional greek sound... we've seen enough of it! This year's result is the perfect exemple that Greece could try different things, than the "safe solution" and still be very competitive...

CypriotGirl

Veteran

Yeah, but does Ganos sing well live? I doubt it, and his songs are more "studio" songs, would be ruined live!

Someone above mentioned Martakis with a ballad? :lol: I take this as a joke!

Top Bottom