Contact us

GOOGLE FORECAST PREDICTION WINNER

doctormalisimo

I'm sorry to say but 2/2 isn't a great track record. That's like flipping a coin twice and getting two heads. It's nothing special. There hasn't been enough ESCs for the data to be reliable. If Google predicted 25 winners in a row I might be impressed, but 2? Seems like a fluke.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Does posting incomprehensible messages violate forum rules, by any chance?

Agreed. So many exclamation marks and dots.

papagavros

i say again that i dont beleive that google can predicts the winner,i am only saying that, because of 2 years correct prediction it deserves to be noticed.....the only reason i am using so many dots and marks is my own way to write things,because i am trying to make it like i am talking.i dont think i insult anyone,or my opinions are not clearly stated!!!!! But therefore i apologise if anyone has any problem but thats me...............it is better to talk about esc than my own way of posting :)

FallenAngelII

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lay off the sugar.

if you were so sure why arent you a millionaire through betting??
I didn't say I was sure. I said that it wasn't very difficult predictions to make, not that they were done deals. Rybak and Lena were both the clear favourites to win for months leading up to the competition.

The entire point of my post was that Eurovision is very unpredictable, thus Google Forecast is very bad at handling Dark Horses. It can only predict the winner in years with very clear favourites among both juries and televoters. This year, no such entry really exists. Most entries are favoured only among one group.

and i am not saying that it will predict the winner
Why are you getting so upset that I'm arguing that maybe it isn't as accurate as some people seem to think it is? It's like I insulted your mother or hit your child. A bajillion exclamations marks, implications of national bias, a long, at times incoherent rant with sentences that make sense whenn separate but don't (much) when put together.

please dont get annoying if your own country isnt predicted as a winner
Yeah, because that's totally the only reason why anyone would doubt the magical precognitive powers of Google Forecast.

Also, it's not like I've been publically wishing for Sweden to actually fail to make the final two years in a row for months now and am one of the forum's stauncest critics of Eric Saade and "Popular".

Nooo... if I cast doubt upon the abilities of Google Forecast, I must be some crazed fanboy!

the thruth is that they HAVE 2/2 ON PREDICTING THE WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
I just flipped a coin twice and called what side it would land on both times. It must mean I'm infalliable!

And you know what, I also called that Alexander Rybak and Lena Meyer-Landrut would win.

Also, you didn't even try to refute any of my arguments! All you did was rant about what a horrible person I must be, how Google Forecast was right twice in two years (thus, it's totally legit no matter what) and some randomly incoherent sentences that weren't even arguments.

I guess you showed me!

i say again that i dont beleive that google can predicts the winner
Yet you become upset when anyone suggests it can't.

i am only saying that, because of 2 years correct prediction it deserves to be noticed
We noticed it. And? We're just saying that it's far from fool proof.

.....the only reason i am using so many dots and marks is my own way to write things,because i am trying to make it like i am talking.
So if this were real life, you'd be screaming at the top of your lungs right in my face? Because that's what the bajillion exclamations points are implying.

i dont think i insult anyone,or my opinions are not clearly stated!!!!! But therefore i apologise if anyone has any problem but thats me...............it is better to talk about esc than my own way of posting :)
Except we are talking about ESC. You, however, are limiting your posts to accusing others of bias and exhalting on the virtues of Google Forecast (which isn't actually talking about the contest itself).

Last edited:

papagavros

Lay off the sugar.

I didn't say I was sure. I said that it wasn't very difficult predictions to make, not that they were done deals. Rybak and Lena were both the clear favourites to win for months leading up to the competition.

The entire point of my post was that Eurovision is very unpredictable, thus Google Forecast is very bad at handling Dark Horses. It can only predict the winner in years with very clear favourites among both juries and televoters. This year, no such entry really exists. Most entries are favoured only among one group.

Why are you getting so upset that I'm arguing that maybe it isn't as accurate as some people seem to think it is? It's like I insulted your mother or hit your child. A bajillion exclamations marks, implications of national bias, a long, at times incoherent rant with sentences that make sense whenn separate but don't (much) when put together.

Yeah, because that's totally the only reason why anyone would doubt the magical precognitive powers of Google Forecast.

Also, it's not like I've been publically wishing for Sweden to actually fail to make the final two years in a row for months now and am one of the forum's stauncest critics of Eric Saade and "Popular".

Nooo... if I cast doubt upon the abilities of Google Forecast, I must be some crazed fanboy!

I just flipped a coin twice and called what side it would land on both times. It must mean I'm infalliable!

And you know what, I also called that Alexander Rybak and Lena Meyer-Landrut would win.

Also, you didn't even try to refute any of my arguments! All you did was rant about what a horrible person I must be, how Google Forecast was right twice in two years (thus, it's totally legit no matter what) and some randomly incoherent sentences that weren't even arguments.

I guess you showed me!

Yet you become upset when anyone suggests it can't.

We noticed it. And? We're just saying that it's far from fool proof.

So if this were real life, you'd be screaming at the top of your lungs right in my face? Because that's what the bajillion exclamations points are implying.

Except we are talking about ESC. You, however, are limiting your posts to accusing others of bias and exhalting on the virtues of Google Forecast (which isn't actually talking about the contest itself).

do you feel better after this post? with dots is my own way to write the "breaths" we take in oral talking......i dont think anyone talks withouth breathing,and thats why i apologised if anyone got it the wrong way(just like you or some others who thought i was screaming),but it is a nice way to talk about irrelative subjects....the google prediction refers to eurovision but of course it is not esc....i can show you many,many,many posts who are related the same way with esc as just google forecast does.of course i didnt answer any of your arguements because you didnt either any of mine....you are just quoting my phrases and you are "attacking" (in some way) to what i said....you are the one who writes withouth arguements and only quiping my opinions.... i dont have any problem with anyone and i just posting because i have something to say.......if you dont like it,just dont read my posts!!! instead of that not only you are reading but also you are "answering"....of course google forecast doesnt mean anything but we are in a forum and we are just commenting,nothing more......it doesnt change anything into anyone's life(including mine and yours) if google succeed in their prediction or not.Just saying that,although it is not so important ,google HAS PREDICTED the winner the last two years......my only purpose that i started this thread was onyl to comment about this year's prediction.....if you dont want then dont comment....

with RESPECT to your opinions.............

Last edited:

Ueland

I'm sorry to say but 2/2 isn't a great track record. That's like flipping a coin twice and getting two heads. It's nothing special. There hasn't been enough ESCs for the data to be reliable. If Google predicted 25 winners in a row I might be impressed, but 2? Seems like a fluke.
Yet Google has the only data that can be used for predictions yet. Betting only contains data from those who actually bets, while simply asking people does not give enough data.

I have put some cash on Ireland today since Google say so, and some on Norway since i must be a bit patriotic ;)

Lets se how it goes, i am still in plus for the last two years :)

FallenAngelII

do you feel better after this post? with dots is my own way to write the "breaths" we take in oral talking......
I... didn't even address your use of dots?

the google prediction refers to eurovision but of course it is not esc....
Whut?

of course i didnt answer any of your arguements because you didnt either any of mine....you are just quoting my phrases and you are "attacking" (in some way) to what i said....you are the one who writes withouth arguements and only quiping my opinions....
Whut? What "arguments" that aren't "OMG! Google Forecast was totally right two years in a row!" have you provided? I've provided, what, 500% times as many arguments as you have. And, most importantly, I have answered all of your arguments.

Furthermore, how am I the only one "quipin [your] opinions" (whatever the frak that means)?

i dont have any problem with anyone and i just posting because i have something to say.......if you dont like it,just dont read my posts!!! instead of that not only you are reading but also you are "answering"....
So you think people shouldn't read or answer posts of yours even when you are quoting them and replying to them? Also, what exactly this is in reply to? The part why I ask why you're so angry that I had the gall to doubt Google Forecast? It almost makes sense in a demented kind of way, only it doesn't.

of course google forecast doesnt mean anything but we are in a forum and we are just commenting,nothing more......
So you agree with me, yet you don't? Because you're just commentin?

it doesnt change anything into anyone's life(including mine and yours) if google succeed in their prediction or not.Just saying that,although it is not so important ,google HAS PREDICTED the winner the last two years......my only purpose that i started this thread was onyl to comment about this year's prediction.....if you dont want then dont comment....
As a wise man once said: Whut?

@FallenAngelII: Best......rant......ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wel, I try.

papagavros

I... didn't even address your use of dots?

Whut?

Whut? What "arguments" that aren't "OMG! Google Forecast was totally right two years in a row!" have you provided? I've provided, what, 500% times as many arguments as you have. And, most importantly, I have answered all of your arguments.

Furthermore, how am I the only one "quipin [your] opinions" (whatever the frak that means)?

So you think people shouldn't read or answer posts of yours even when you are quoting them and replying to them? Also, what exactly this is in reply to? The part why I ask why you're so angry that I had the gall to doubt Google Forecast? It almost makes sense in a demented kind of way, only it doesn't.

So you agree with me, yet you don't? Because you're just commentin?

As a wise man once said: Whut?

Wel, I try.
quiping means skämt in Swedish i think,something that you are very good,although only people who are not smart enough are good( i dont say about you because i dont know you)
yes your special arguement was "ok google predicted correct 2 consecutive(do you need also translation for this) years,so what? everyone knew the winner,and i did....it was easy!!"
you hadnt only comment my answers to your post,but you comment parts of other of my posts only to "skamt"(if it is the correct verb) my opinions.....it is clear that you are with the side that google forecast is ****************************************,and you made your opinion clear to everyone.........the problem is that you have something with my opinion which is lets see this years' prediction and maybe it would be also correct,maybe not....i think that we should give importance to that,and you beleive that we shouldnt........why is the attack needed??

e.g.: and in i never was angry in my previews posts,in fact i was trying to understand you,when you werent.............

FallenAngelII

quiping means skämt in Swedish i think
1) 2 P's.
2) You can't "quip someone's opinions".

something that you are very good,although only people who are not smart enough are good( i dont say about you because i dont know you)
Are you actally arguing that only "not smart enough people" are good at joking, excuse me, "quiping"?

yes your special arguement was "ok google predicted correct 2 consecutive(do you need also translation for this) years,so what? everyone knew the winner,and i did....it was easy!!"
And then there was thee whole "Dark Horse" argument. And the whole "Searching for someone =/= Voting for them" argument (in regards to, say, Lena andd Jedward).

you hadnt only comment my answers to your post,but you comment parts of other of my posts only to "skamt"(if it is the correct verb) my opinions.....
I can make factual, sound and logical arguments while simoulatneously make my opponent look bad by picking apart their posts word for word. I'm awesome like that.

it is clear that you are with the side that google forecast is ****************************************,and you made your opinion clear to everyone.........
Except I didn't say anything of the sort.

the problem is that you have something with my opinion which is lets see this years' prediction and maybe it would be also correct,maybe not....
Except I never took issue with that statement.

You: Google Prediction is prediction this!
Me: Maybe we shouldn't trust it so much.
You: *rants*

i think that we should give importance to that,and you beleive that we shouldnt........why is the attack needed??
I said this when? Seriously, which grade are you in? Please point out to me when I said anything of the sort. Please quote me to prove that I've said any of the things you claim I've said (that I deny saying) in this post.

e.g.: and in i never was angry in my previews posts,in fact i was trying to understand you,when you werent.............
1) Gee, I guess the bajillion exclamation marks (that's "!"'s for the English-impaired) and statement that you write you posts the way you speak (many exclamation marks = shouting) must've fooled me into interpreting your completely rational, coherent and calm post for shouting!
2) I understand what you're saying. Some of it makes sense, most of it doesn't. I'm only taking issue with the parts that don't.

papagavros

You: Google Prediction is prediction this!
Me: Maybe we shouldn't trust it so much.
You: *rants*

come on, never told that........i said that it deserves to be noticed(not to be beleived) only because it predicted correct the previous two years,nothing more.and from your opinion "maybe we shouldn trust this so much" i really understood "we shouldn trust it" otherwise why do you look so keen on supporting that this is pointless?

beleive me i was never angry(trust what i am writing,not my punctuation) and you misunderstood some of my previews posts but i dont find any point to try to explain you,in fact i think there is no reason to do this.............

i said before that it predicted only the winner and totally missed the rest positions,and i also posted that "i dont beleive that google can predicts the winner" and you quoted some parts like this,so how can you say that my opinion is "Google Prediction is prediction this! "

so as far as i can see,our opinions are both moderate and not extreme.......

sannerz

This is pointless and really off-putting. Google Predictions was right for the last two years, so were many betting odds. WOO HOO.

Does it matter? Both of you shut up and enjoy the contest and THEN we'll see who the winner is.

asia

Why do people in eastern europe have less internet connections???? If you check it there is a higher percentage of people in poland than france.... Its a example :p anyway, I guess google got lucky, its not gonna be 3/3 :p lena winning again???? Just shoot me now lol

asia

Btw, has anyone watched lena doing the parody of no matter what? If not google it lol :p germans have such a playful sense of humour :)

FallenAngelII

Google predicts Armenia to come 3rd and Portugal to come 5th. UBERFAIL.
I'm pretty sure Portugal was nowhere near Top 10 before the 1st semi-final. The vast majority of those hits were probably from people Googling Portugal after the 1st semi-finaal to find out what the flying fig it was about.

kaostical

Google creating a algorithm which predicted the winner two years in a row is a great accomplishment. Too bad they failed this year. It is not like calling the outcome of two coin flips correctly. Its like calling the outcome of two coin flips correctly but with the coins having 43 sides.

FallenAngelII

Google creating a algorithm which predicted the winner two years in a row is a great accomplishment. Too bad they failed this year. It is not like calling the outcome of two coin flips correctly. Its like calling the outcome of two coin flips correctly but with the coins having 43 sides.
They failed spectacularly this year. Most of their top hits didn't make Top 5, or even Top 10.

Top Bottom