Contact us

GOOGLE FORECAST PREDICTION WINNER

papagavros

The last two years google predict exactly who the winner was gonna be.........they count the "searches"among the web for each name and the give points 1-12 for each country,from each country!!! for example i am from greece so they dont count how many times i will ''click" on Greek entry only how many times the Greeks,generally,are going to search the other participants and they give the points 1-12 to the rest of the countries...........like real esc.........this years there are some surprises.....what do you think,is it going to be right in it's prediction again??? Lena leads.......thats the site

http://www.google.com/landing/eurovision/index.html

Sim

never believe this:p

last year tom dice stood their 33rd or something like that and he ended 6th...

papagavros

never believe this:p

last year tom dice stood their 33rd or something like that and he ended 6th...

they cant predict how the juries are going to vote............but they predicted the winner,twice.......their score is 2/2 and thats why i think it deserves to be noticed.....

Sim

they cant predict how the juries are going to vote............but they predicted the winner,twice.......their score is 2/2 and thats why i think it deserves to be noticed.....

yes I know, but even with televoters he was 14th but ok, I don't think Lena will win again...

papagavros

yes I know, but even with televoters he was 14th but ok, I don't think Lena will win again...

neither i do........but forecasts are changing every day so it is interesting to see during these days until 14 may(when they announce their final prediction) who they will predict.....

FallenAngelII

Their predictions are based entirely on who gets Googled on more. Which doesn't necessarily translate into votes. For one thing, how many Easten European households have Internet connections? I'm guessing fewer than those who vote.

Also, Jedward are getting a lot of Internet hits, yes. But those don't necessarily translate into votes. I've Googled them and their entry and unless they pull off something spectacular come Eurovision week, I'm not planning on voting for them.

94ayd

Well, I don't know how you see things but I hardly know any household in Sofia without a computer and yeah, you can't do without connecting them to the Internet, usually. :lol:

Steffan

If you tell your friend... "Omg check the Moldovan song... its like so funny its terrible" and several of your friends really look it up on google it actually gives them points, even tho you just searched to get a good laugh, not because you like it...
Therefore...

Rusch

I think it is really hard to predict anything this year. There are the Teenagers, there is the internet community and there are the jurys. To many influences to make a proper prediction. I even got huge problem to determine, which song will reach the final. It will be very interesting this year.

papagavros

thats why they dont success on the prediction of the other positions..........but they success on the winner's prediction!!!! because it cant anyone seem as a winner only because they googled him for laugh!!!!!!! i agree with rusch very much

FallenAngelII

thats why they dont success on the prediction of the other positions..........but they success on the winner's prediction!!!! because it cant anyone seem as a winner only because they googled him for laugh!!!!!!! i agree with rusch very much
Except they didn't manage to do that the years before tthat, did they? They've only managed to "predict" the winner two years in a row, not a bajillion years in a row. And for those two years, the winner was always a clear favourite to win from the get-go, both by oddsmakers, fans and juries, so it's not like it was a very hard prediction to make.

This kind of "prediction" also doesn't pay any mind to dark horses. As previously stated, Tom Dice was ranked 33rd, yet he got the people's 14th place, which is a huge lep. If another entry Dark Horses their way onto the screens this year, it might win desspite not being ranked 1st or even in the Top 5. What if an entry that's currently ranked around 10th, i.e. with moderate interest from the public, manages a spectacular performance? It could win the entire shebang, despite ranking relatively low.

Lena's costant Top 3 placement is also probably largely due to the fact that she's "defending her crown", the first artist in Eurovision history to attempt to do so. It's not necessarily indicative and what people think of her song or how they plan to vote. Likewise, Jedward are currently trennding as #1, yet I don't see them actually winning the contest.

Last edited:

papagavros

Except they didn't manage to do that the years before tthat, did they? They've only managed to "predict" the winner two years in a row, not a bajillion years in a row. And for those two years, the winner was always a clear favourite to win from the get-go, both by oddsmakers, fans and juries, so it's not like it was a very hard prediction to make.

This kind of "prediction" also doesn't pay any mind to dark horses. As previously stated, Tom Dice was ranked 33rd, yet he got the people's 14th place, which is a huge lep. If another entry Dark Horses their way onto the screens this year, it might win desspite not being ranked 1st or even in the Top 5. What if an entry that's currently ranked around 10th, i.e. with moderate interest from the public, manages a spectacular performance? It could win the entire shebang, despite ranking relatively low.

Lena's costant Top 3 placement is also probably largely due to the fact that she's "defending her crown", the first artist in Eurovision history to attempt to do so. It's not necessarily indicative and what people think of her song or how they plan to vote. Likewise, Jedward are currently trennding as #1, yet I don't see them actually winning the contest.

it only had predicts the winner the last two years because it exists onyl two years!!!!!!!!! there were no google prediction before 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it started in 2009.......................if you were so sure why arent you a millionaire through betting?? personally i wasnt so sure who the winner was gonna be.............and i am not saying that it will predict the winner,please dont get annoying if your own country isnt predicted as a winner........but even if you like it or no,and even you think it was easy or no,the thruth is that they HAVE 2/2 ON PREDICTING THE WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

yulara

for those two years, the winner was always a clear favourite to win from the get-go, both by oddsmakers, fans and juries, so it's not like it was a very hard prediction to make.
Totally agree with that. the last 2 years, the winner was really easy to guess... this year, imo, it's more difficult as no song stands out.

dogmeat

it only had predicts the winner the last two years because it exists onyl two years!!!!!!!!! there were no google prediction before 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it started in 2009.......................if you were so sure why arent you a millionaire through betting?? personally i wasnt so sure who the winner was gonna be.............and i am not saying that it will predict the winner,please dont get annoying if your own country isnt predicted as a winner........but even if you like it or no,and even you think it was easy or no,the thruth is that they HAVE 2/2 ON PREDICTING THE WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Does posting incomprehensible messages violate forum rules, by any chance?

papagavros

Ones that can't be understood. ;)

yes i know,but i dont know why you are telling this.......what is the part that you didnt understand??? and why is against the rules if you dont understand something.....i dont say it is your problem,maybe it is mine because i wasnt clear enough but you could ask me not to point it that way........:)

Top Bottom