Remembering gets so hard
When time is moving so fast
Wish there was a way to know that we're in
The good old days before we all just leave 'em​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
My review:

Forgettable and bland, trying too hard to sound like American radio-Pop-Rap whatever from the mid 00's, but is really forgettable. Another year, another bad German entry. The juries might save this from the dreaded 0 points though as I can see those lame people somehow backing this one up to some extent.

jeriswani

I see this is the same way I saw Micheal Schulte and Roman lob. I think this is actually better than Roman lob. Both of these finished top ten because when it comes to Eurovision songs like this get completely overrated as they stand out from all the fireworks and loudness of the contest. Germany also know how to stage songs like this well. I see the juries and general audience lapping it up. It will finish left hand side or even top 10.

A-lister

Veteran
I see this is the same way I saw Micheal Schulte and Roman lob. I think this is actually better than Roman lob. Both of these finished top ten because when it comes to Eurovision songs like this get completely overrated as they stand out from all the fireworks and loudness of the contest. Germany also know how to stage songs like this well. I see the juries and general audience lapping it up. It will finish left hand side or even top 10.

What fireworks and loudness? This year is just one ballad stuck on top of the other... I hardly see the general public even remember this entry.

Iker

Veteran
Another year, another awful German entry. It sounds like any generic radio song made for kids. Totally forgettable.
Yeah, I don't get why people call it touching either. Sure that perception can be a very personal one, subjective but for me it is lacklustre in every sense.

midnightsun

Veteran
Malik's reaction (part 1) of the ESC-songs from UK, Austria, Australia, Norway, Belgium and Ukraine.

Part 2 is out now. They are trying to provide English subtitles but for now they are only avail in German right now.

You people should watch if you understand a bit of German. His song may be random but he seems to be a very likable person, very charismatic. The way he tries to find something positive in any song, he is enthusiastic about the songs and he is not only like 'yeah fun good' but he also judges them from a musician‘s point of view interspersing some musical knowledge.

[By the way: mauve, where are you? Missing your posts! :-)]

mauve

Veteran
Part 2 is out now. They are trying to provide English subtitles but for now they are only avail in German right now.

You people should watch if you understand a bit of German. His song may be random but he seems to be a very likable person, very charismatic. The way he tries to find something positive in any song, he is enthusiastic about the songs and he is not only like 'yeah fun good' but he also judges them from a musician‘s point of view interspersing some musical knowledge.

I am here! xwave Just had quite a bit to do the past days. (Correcting MANY homeworks of my students from the past semester. *uff*)

I also like the way Malik reacts to the songs. He never says anything bad about the songs, only in a subtle way in case the song isn't for him. By the way, you can see the subs if you go

Einstellungen
Untertitel
Automatisch übersetzen.
Then click Englisch or whatever and voila! ;)

And for everyone else: here's part 2:

Bmbriga

I watched both videos and he really seems like a very nice person. I would never be able to talk so much about songs, especially the ones I don't like.
And... In the end of the day I really don't hate his song. I actually enjoy it... So wishing him all the best. I'm going to call for him once 🙂

midnightsun

Veteran
I can’t deny I dislike the song, unfortunately.
But I really wish him all the best. He really seems like a nice person. And Max Mutzke, Roman Lob and Michael Schulte proved that somehow, I don’t know why, young men with a simple song and a simple staging singing a dramatic song did pretty well at Eurovision. So I expect at least 7th place to beat Roman Lob. :sneaky:

Looren

Veteran

HarryUK

Veteran
Please what were ARD thinking. They had a top 10 placement guaranteed with Electric Callboy. Serious questions need to be answered with regards to this year's selection show. This was also one of the worst songs amongst a pretty sub-par offering.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Each to their own but this entry is dire in comparison to what Electric Callboy had to offer
Do I think pump it would have done better than Rockstars? absolutely not a doubt in my mind, do I think that THIS would have a "top 10 placement guaranteed" as you claim? Absolutely not, never in a million years

Top Bottom