5 2.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Germany-scaled.jpg

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
All what you both say though is based on nothing concrete and just idle speculation. Every selection has a producer favourite? Melodifestivalen has them every year and we can always tell by the draw, but we dont cry wolf there. We're talking about Germanys NF not Belarus. I always see comments from people who say our NF was rigged, but I know it's not the case at all because all televised competitions are strictly controlled here to make sure they're fair. What missbones said is completely right, she come 4th in the televote so she wasnt even close to being the fave to win with the public. Sisters won the NF and think she should deal with it and get over it. The german public aren't exactly famed for voting 'correctly' in your NFs.

ESC94

Now something different. ;)

In Germany many people say after a bad result that Helene Fischer should represent our country in the contest. For all who don´t know her, she is basically the most successful singer in Germany at the moment. She sings Schlager in German, her most famous song is this:

What would you say?? I´m not a huge fan of her and from Schlager music in general. The lyric are super cheesy even when you compare them to similar songs and I also don´t like her voice all that much, she hits all notes but I simply don´t feel anything. :(

Mainshow

Veteran
All what you both say though is based on nothing concrete and just idle speculation. Every selection has a producer favourite? Melodifestivalen has them every year and we can always tell by the draw, but we dont cry wolf there. We're talking about Germanys NF not Belarus. I always see comments from people who say our NF was rigged, but I know it's not the case at all because all televised competitions are strictly controlled here to make sure they're fair. What missbones said is completely right, she come 4th in the televote so she wasnt even close to being the fave to win with the public. Sisters won the NF and think she should deal with it and get over it. The german public aren't exactly famed for voting 'correctly' in your NFs.

I can understand you and I don't think that our NF was rigged but it was highly influenced by the producers to make Sisters win. We haven't had such a case in Melodifestivalen.. Or did Björkman ever announce an artist last-minute several weeks after all participants had been announced and placed that on in semi 4 - performing last? + strangely, most jury members voted for it?

I don't get that support. Bzw.. It's not like Sisters was a new Euphoria or 1944.
It screamed last place in the Televoting straight from the beginning and oh well, German Televoting sucks big time.

It just feels unfair und unprofessional and at least, strange. If you don't want a certain artist to win - don't hold a national final (look at Ukraine 2019, Spain 2017).

Preuss

However I’m pretty sure that Germany’s consistently been giving their 12 to the eventual winner this decade? So is another audience watching their NF, or what? :?

HayashiM

Veteran
Now something different. ;)

In Germany many people say after a bad result that Helene Fischer should represent our country in the contest. For all who don´t know her, she is basically the most successful singer in Germany at the moment. She sings Schlager in German, her most famous song is this:

What would you say?? I´m not a huge fan of her and from Schlager music in general. The lyric are super cheesy even when you compare them to similar songs and I also don´t like her voice all that much, she hits all notes but I simply don´t feel anything. :(

I don't dislike it, though it doesn't make me feel much, mainly I just enjoy her sluttyness.
Based on this song alone, I think she would not place bottom 5, but I don't see her anywhere near the top 5 either. That could of course change if she is given the right song.

Realest

This Song is known in (almost) whole Europe. I think its a safe Top5 and possible ESC-Winner without exaggerating.

ESC94

This Song is known in (almost) whole Europe. I think its a safe Top5 and possible ESC-Winner without exaggerating.

Hm, I wouldn´t be so sure. I can imagine this to do well in :nl: and maybe a bit in Scandinavia since they like this kind of music, but in Southern/Eastern Europe?? Sorry, but I dont´t see this, and you shouldn´t forget the juries.

Mainshow

Veteran

I second that.

She's selling out arenas in Belgium, Denmark, Austria, Switzerland and the Netherlands as well + she's kinda (half) Russian, a great entertainer and vocally stunning. She would end up being Top 3 in Televoting and that's all she needs to get a Top 10 placing in the end (see Poland 2016).

Realest

Cascada were no huge Superstars and especially not in 2013 anymore.
And while Glorious is a bit generic and similar to Euphoria, "Atemlos durch die Nacht" fits perfectly to Eurovision because of the Tons of universal and instant Appeal.
Also Helenes Staging would be much better.

HayashiM

Veteran
I had a look on wikipedia and based on the charts, I would rather say she is known in the germanophone Europe. So that's some base support she could count on. A safe top 5 though? I don't think so.
On the other hand, something about her does in fact scream Eurovision. Why not give her a try if Germany wants to, pretty much anything is gonna do better than S!sters anyway ...

Realest

On the other hand, something about her does in fact scream Eurovision. Why not give her a try if Germany wants to, pretty much anything is gonna do better than S!sters anyway ...

She might try to represent Germany in 20 Years when shes irrelevant, but now shes too big.
She already declined Offers from NDR.

Mainshow

Veteran
I had a look on wikipedia and based on the charts, I would rather say she is known in the germanophone Europe. So that's some base support she could count on. A safe top 5 though? I don't think so.

The song got covered in Swedish and Lithuanian by different artists.
+ I've heard it in a Danish club and I saw her CD/album in stores in Poland and Norway.

If you are interested in pop music a bit, it's quite likely that you've heard of her (at least, the gheys did).

Realest

ESC94

But still we don´t have any information regarding the national preselection. xshrug

Wake up NDR!!! It´s too early for hibernation!!

Realest

We still have 4.5 Months until the Deadline.

Loindici

Veteran
Since Claudia Santoso has won The Voice of Germany, I wonder if there's any possibility of her being asked to do Eurovision. Partly because I'm Indonesian, but other than that, I'm curious if NDR would ever consider reaching her.

Top Bottom