3 1.7%

1 0.6%

5 2.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Germany-scaled.jpg

Citelis

None of the songs in German national final was that strong. All of them were probably bottom 5 (or close to that) but i have to admit that they would avoid the 0 from televoting.

Loindici

Veteran
I'm really, really convinced ULF 2019 was a planned internal selection for Sisters. It was so peculiar for me to have six entries working hard as fig to be selected and have their coffee time at the songwriting camp only for Carlotta and Laurita to be selected from nowhere with a readily-written song by L. Barker. And then, getting televotes out of questionable manners, too. No wonder Aly got furious afterwards.

Loindici

Veteran
[post erased]

aef

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It has actually got a really catchy chorus

Tzeo

Is it too late to ask for a Modern Talking entry with a disco song? :D

Loindici

Veteran
[post erased]

Preuss

Send Aly Ryan, she clearly wants to do Eurovision
"Wear Your Love" would've been in my top 3 this year for sure

shameless

the problem with the german NF has never been a lack of options and ALWAYS the public choice. for some reason the german public fucking sucks at picking an entry lol. however, it must not go unnoticed that the international jury also gave their 12 to sisters. the national jury was the only one who had any vision this year. international juries are a blemish on every NF and a preposterously terrible idea since always. they need to disappear. then we can talk about ways to make the german public choose better, short of just not giving them options that will obviously not do well in the contest. like, if you enjoy sisters that is fine, but if you ever thought they were going to do well you were just deceiving yourself lol.

But that wasn't the case. The national jury rated S!sters high while the International *Fan* jury gave Aly Ryan their first place while S!sters was only at 4th

Alaska49

But that wasn't the case. The national jury rated S!sters high while the International *Fan* jury gave Aly Ryan their first place while S!sters was only at 4th
actually, i was assuming the eurovision panel of fans consisted of germans (so, national) and william was there just because william, but apparently it was fans from all over europe. regardless, the jury of "experts" was international, obviously (they had a bunch of former eurovision stars), and they were the ones to put sisters first. they suck and must be abolished everywhere. the panel of fans did their job, national or not, and should stay. it's basically the same idea as the demoscopic poll of sanremo, and sanremo is the format everyone should be looking into, what with italy's continued success without even trying that hard.

Realest

No, the Fan-Jury consisted only of Germans.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Sigh, I have no hopes for Germany. I'm sure Unser Song will feature several amazing female-fronted acts that the fandom will inevitably gush over and the Germans will instead go for whoever it is that appeals to the lowest common denominator. (probably a mediocre woman, or whoever is last in the draw).

Honestly? Just ditch Unser Song and select internally. At the very max use an NF to pick the entrant and THEN internally select the song. Don't rely on the German audience to get it right, they only do so on accident.

Loindici

Veteran
I do believe Unser Lied can bring a lot of benefits if they played it right, and honest.
1. Please, both Germany and UK should NOT put a family show on Friday night -- never a good time to watch for younger audiences.
2. No more international team internal selection. If you have six finalist out of almost 1000 fighting for a place in the songcamp, let it be six finalist, don't make it reek.
3. I can't really tell if NDR did advertise UL. An effective way of advertising, as example with Youtube ads, 'Netflix ads' (if that exists) or using voting apps, might help UL reach more younger people, even if the schedule has to be Friday night or whatever.

Alaska49

No, the Fan-Jury consisted only of Germans.
then i was right all along!!!! even better (and also wikipedia is on some bullshit because it says the eurovision panel is meant "to capture the opinion of the european vote" or some such)

Realest

"to capture the opinion of the european vote"

That should mean that the german Televote was the last few years the most similar Televote to the whole Televote.

Vondenburg

Sigh, I have no hopes for Germany. I'm sure Unser Song will feature several amazing female-fronted acts that the fandom will inevitably gush over and the Germans will instead go for whoever it is that appeals to the lowest common denominator. (probably a mediocre woman, or whoever is last in the draw).

Honestly? Just ditch Unser Song and select internally. At the very max use an NF to pick the entrant and THEN internally select the song. Don't rely on the German audience to get it right, they only do so on accident.
S!sters got pushed by Thomas Schreiber. So do You really think, we would got any other candidate if it got selected internally?

Top Bottom