6 2.6%

17 7.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
GERMANY.png

Jamie_Lee_quer.jpg

:de: Jamie-Lee Kriewitz - Ghost :de:

Germany: Kool Savas wants to end Eurovision drought?

Jamie-Lee Kriewitz [kʁiːvɪt͡s] (born 18 March 1998) is a German singer who is best known for winning season five of The Voice of Germany. She will represent Germany at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 on 14 May 2016 with the song "Ghost".

Kriewitz was born on 18 March 1998 in Bennigsen near Hanover, Germany. At the age of twelve, she joined the gospel choir Joyful Noise. Her father played the drums in German punk rock band 3Zylinder; however, the rest of her family is not musical. Kriewitz has a preference for the Japanese Decora kei fashion style[8] and for South Korean K-pop, with her favorites being the Korean boyband Block B. Generally fond of Korean culture, she originally intended to pursue a degree in Korean studies. Living vegan since 2012, Kriewitz participated in the "Vegan life is the best life" campaign of animal rights organization PETA.

In her Voice of Germany audition, she sang "The Hanging Tree", where all four coaches turned for Kriewitz. She also performed the song at the The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 premiere in Berlin for Jennifer Lawrence. She chose to be on the team of Michi & Smudo. In the final she sang with British singer Jess Glynne as well as her solo single, "Ghost". She won the competition, getting 38% of the vote, ahead of second place Ayke Witt. She is the first teenager to win The Voice of Germany.She won Unser Lied für Stockholm, the German National Selection for Eurovision 2016 with her song "Ghost", after gaining 44.5% of the public votes in the second round.

Source: Wikipedia

Staewi

Re: GERMANY 2016

Helene Fischer as an internal choice with something as big as Atemlos durch die Nacht, please. :lol:
I don't think that's too impossible, in 2016 the release of Farbenspiel will be two and a half years ago, good time to release something new. xup Eurovision would also mean a bigger European promotion for her, something she should be eager to get.
And, a national final would be a flop anyway (especially if they keep the actual format). Maybe, to silence the "boo, undemocratic" critics NDR could pull something like in 2011.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

I'm sure Helene is a lovely person in real life. But I really don't think that she has international appeal, except maybe in Austria and Switzerland. Schlager like that hasn't done well in Eurovision in a long time.

I'm hoping for NDR to wake up and realize what they're currently doing, isn't working. And I'm not even referring to the Andreas Kuemmert withdrawal. The whole "only half of the acts get to perform all of their songs" approach is silly and having this tournament/duel thing is counter-productive. Last year, it became the anti-Unheilig vote and it just really sucks.

Staewi

Yeah, she has no "star appeal", but her music definetly finds appeal as her album did chart in Denmark, Netherlands and Flanders. Actually it's still in the charts in Flanders (on position 194 - two copies sold? :lol: xcheer). And an Eurovision project for Helene definetly depends on the music, they can't go with something bland like most of Schlager actually is.

The format is one thing, but also the quality of the songs. Not only Helene would need a great and suitable song, but every other NF artist, too. Most songs in the last years weren't bad, but simply too boring and I'll never understand why NDR thought something like "Shine, Shine, Shine", "Wenn du da bist", "Change", "One Love" or "Conflicted" could do good in Eurovision.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Krishoes

GermanBango

New national selection please with me as the host xhii

revallsay

I would like to see Oceana again. She's a lovely person and a great singer and Poland loves her xheart

Dante

I'd like to see Laing, or something like "Wechselt die Beleuchtung" in any case.

aef

Helene Fischer!! = 24 guaranteed points - :12: from Austria and :12: from Switzerland :D

Staewi

Mandy Capristo xheartxheartxheart
As things go I doubt Mandy Capristo will release any new music until Eurovision .... 2025. :lol: But if she comes up with something, she would be one of my favourites to participate in USFx or be picked internally. What a voice. xcheer

hdplus

It can´t get worse :D
btw ARD/NDR didn´t confirm that Germany competes at ESC 20116. yet :lol:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

My Germany wish list is too long; I have four names (well, three and Revolverheld ft. Marta Jandová and Václav Noid Barta) in my mind already.

Ritararita

My Germany wish list is too long; I have four names (well, three and Revolverheld ft. Marta Jandová and Václav Noid Barta) in my mind already.

She actually said in some interview (before the SF result) that she would love to do it again as a representative of Germany with her band Die Happy and Václav as her special guest. :lol: She probably meant is as a joke and I don´t think that Germans would accept them as their representatives, but who knows.

Brandt

GERMANY 2016 - not taking part

Top Bottom