11 9.8%

5 4.5%

5 4.5%

17 15.2%

• Total voters

Sammy

Veteran
Re: GEORGIA 2018 - Iriao - Sheni Gulistvis

I'm positively surprised, I expected something very edgy and full of disharmonies, breaks or weird sounds. But this is relaxing (maybe because I was expecting something strenuous to listen to :mrgreen:)

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-I like the natural progression from simple to dramatic within the instrumentals.
-The vocals are very good.
-it's somewhat memorable.

THE BAD:

-It's not necessarily a boring listen, but a dull one.
-The trend of multiple guys singing is kind of done.

THE VERDICT:
Although it's a dull song, I can see the charm in this song. Add to that the fact that everything is well-produced, and you might have a surprise qualifier in the Final. I also appreciate the native Georgian language on display, too. The question is, however: Can this song overcome being a dull listen and having a old trend? 8 points

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I'm kind of overwhelmed. I don't know what to say other than that Georgia just saved this Eurovision year for me. It's the last song presented but it's also the first that has had me stunned and under it's spell from the very first listen (yes, it's been a weird ESC year for me where every song I like has had to grow somewhat). "For You" had me from the opening notes and wouldn't let go. What a journey it takes you on. I shared the same thoughts as [MENTION=14186]SwissKung[/MENTION] as I was listening to it. "For You" does sound like something that could be a piece used in a Japanese adventure video game. I personally thought of Grandia as I was listening to it. It's such an emotional piece of music, full of splendour. I love the way the song builds itself up. It gets bigger and bigger, and bigger. The lead singers voice as well is just absolutely breathtaking. The way he sings really warms my heart.

Insta 12 points and my new favourite song of the year that probably has a very good chance of sticking up there at the top. It was nice to get that full on "wow i'm slayed" first impression for once this year. I got a little watery on the first play, I must admit. Thank you Georgia for this songxheart A true towering beauty.

Yazy

It didn´t really grab me on the first listen, but it does sound very pleasant to say the least. It could definitely grow on me.

For me, this is not the "terrible" category whatsoever.
4 or 5 points for now.

Ezio

Veteran

This song gives me anxiety and acustic stress. Sounds like an interval act when you rush to the toilet. 2 points.

hijirio

Veteran

Luckily, I reserved my last place for this.

Good luck, my dear neighbours. This year, you'll need it very much.

Chorizo

I like the beginning of the song better than the ending. The first few seconds before he starts singing are what I like best. They remind me of an anime, not sure which. I think the song is an interesting addition. I give it 6 points.

Realest

When will the poll be changed? I wanna give 0 Points.

revallsay

I have no idea what to think about this. It is definetelly not my cuppa tea, but it doesn't annoy me as other songs do. I could listen to it when I'm ina mood. I can give it a small credit and 4 points.

Fluke

Nice composition, very complex and i think it might have a hard time connecting with most viewers on the first time like intended. The vocals are a bit dull and hard to hear over the backing, hopefully that won't be the case live, because i can tell they're really experienced with singing in this style. Not really as mind-blowing on first listen as i hoped, but i think this will end up one of my favorites anyway. Hoping for final at least!

John1

No sooner had I listened to this song, than I already forgot it. :1:.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

When will the poll be changed? I wanna give 0 Points.

As soon as it can be deleted by an admin as I cannot change it unfortunately.

(Why you would want to give this a big fat 0 when it at least has a lot of musicality and craftsmanship about it is beyond me though, regardless of taste)

musicfan

Nice composition, very complex and i think it might have a hard time connecting with most viewers on the first time like intended. The vocals are a bit dull and hard to hear over the backing, hopefully that won't be the case live, because i can tell they're really experienced with singing in this style. Not really as mind-blowing on first listen as i hoped, but i think this will end up one of my favorites anyway. Hoping for final at least!

I'm pretty sure the earlier version that got deleted had less backing (I don't remember the drums or all the heavy backing by the end). Despite a quiet song winning last year it looks like the usual fear of an audience with a very low attention span has forced some like this and Spain to overload their songs.

Realest

(Why you would want to give this a big fat 0 when it at least has a lot of musicality and craftsmanship about it is beyond me though, regardless of taste)

Thats the Same what im wondering about in the Sweden-Thread.

For me this is a proof that not everything that is different is automatically good.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin

As soon as it can be deleted by an admin as I cannot change it unfortunately.

Deleted & added the poll :D

VikingTiger

Not a fan. It's not the style of music that bothers me; I normally love music that is quiet, wavy, soft, melancholic, athmospheric etc. But this doesnt grab me; neither the voices of the men, nor the melody. I find this to be a bit discoherent; there is no good flow in the music during those 3 minutes. I am not put in any spesific mood listening to this; actually I dont find this very pleasent.

mauve

Veteran

I still have a hard time judging this after a few listenings. It doesn't grab me much emotionally, but yet it's an interesting song to listen to. Somehow I like it, but I suppose that unfortunately this song will have a hard time at ESC. It might be too complicated for the people to grasp the beauty (and yes, there is a beauty inside the song) at once. The audience doesn't have the opportunity to listen to it more than once and so there is the danger that it will be forgotten and not liked.

VikingTiger

I still have a hard time judging this after a few listenings. It doesn't grab me much emotionally, but yet it's an interesting song to listen to. Somehow I like it, but I suppose that unfortunately this song will have a hard time at ESC. It might be too complicated for the people to grasp the beauty (and yes, there is a beauty inside the song) at once. The audience doesn't have the opportunity to listen to it more than once and so there is the danger that it will be forgotten and not liked.

...but this beauty is very well hidden I am afraid... I still havent found it after listening 3 times...xwhat

Mrm

Veteran

I'm kind of overwhelmed. I don't know what to say other than that Georgia just saved this Eurovision year for me. It's the last song presented but it's also the first that has had me stunned and under it's spell from the very first listen (yes, it's been a weird ESC year for me where every song I like has had to grow somewhat). "For You" had me from the opening notes and wouldn't let go. What a journey it takes you on. I shared the same thoughts as [MENTION=14186]SwissKung[/MENTION] as I was listening to it. "For You" does sound like something that could be a piece used in a Japanese adventure video game. I personally thought of Grandia as I was listening to it. It's such an emotional piece of music, full of splendour. I love the way the song builds itself up. It gets bigger and bigger, and bigger. The lead singers voice as well is just absolutely breathtaking. The way he sings really warms my heart.

Insta 12 points and my new favourite song of the year that probably has a very good chance of sticking up there at the top. It was nice to get that full on "wow i'm slayed" first impression for once this year. I got a little watery on the first play, I must admit. Thank you Georgia for this songxheart A true towering beauty.

xyes xyes xyes xyes xyes

This is ART.... I hate this expression but I simply have to use it when i see reactions of ESC fans:

"This is too good for ESC"

Thankfully you and [MENTION=14186]SwissKung[/MENTION] wrote these comments! xbow

This is very complicated entry for ESC I'm afraid..it has elements I appreciate A LOT...

Krishoes

I'm not a fan of this song, too far from what I usually like, but I'm glad we have another taste to add to the line-up, considering the genre and the language. This is what Eurovision means to me.

Top Bottom