11 9.8%

5 4.5%

5 4.5%

17 15.2%

• Total voters

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Re: GEORGIA 2018 - Iriao - Sheni Gulistvis

Solid entry. Mizerja without as much power. Not a hope in hell of qualifying, but I don't think that is their goal.

5 points.

SirPeterGriffin

Where to start...first of, congratulations to brave Georgia who took again the boldness to be distinct from the rest. One of my absolute favourite countries currently in the contest responsible for the spetacular Midnight Gold which will always be forever in my heart.
And just want to thank a million times and express my admiration for bringing ethnic gold. This gives me a sense of inner calm and peace, it's so cozy and their voices are on point. Nailed it!

It's a shame most Eurovision fans are slamming this song, really unrighteous the ratio of likes/dislikes in YT. I guess it's not "mainstream" enough. Long shot but a man can dream with a shocker just like happened with Midnight Gold.

:12: POINTS!! xlovexlove

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

This is a sweet, comforting song - I fully understand the Japanese comparisons. 10 points.

The references to "Mizerja" make me wonder if that's worth a reevaluation - I'm not a fan of "Mizerja" at all, but since I really like this and it seems to be a comparison point, maybe it's worth another shot.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

...................at least it has an ok beat, so it's higher than 90% of the ballads in my ranking

mauve

Veteran

...but this beauty is very well hidden I am afraid... I still havent found it after listening 3 times...xwhat

There is a fragility and a lightness that I connect with beatuy. I like how they sing together, gives the song a warm touch. But I guess everyone sees it differently. ;) And as I said, even though it's somewhat beautiful, I can't connect to the song completely. I am really torn about this song.

cegs5

This will stand out in a sea of bland similar ballads, with a good staging and performance I can't see them out of the Grand Final.

mauve

Veteran

This will stand out in a sea of bland similar ballads, with a good staging and performance I can't see them out of the Grand Final.

Hopefully because I would love to see them there.

Bibha

As soon as it can be deleted by an admin as I cannot change it unfortunately.

(Why you would want to give this a big fat 0 when it at least has a lot of musicality and craftsmanship about it is beyond me though, regardless of taste)

Aren't you one of the editors at ESCunited?

Also I thought the point of the poll was to tell how many points will the song get from us? A 0 would mean the song is in my bottom 4? Not necessarily that the song is a 0/10 on a point scale no?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Also I thought the point of the poll was to tell how many points will the song get from us? A 0 would mean the song is in my bottom 4? Not necessarily that the song is a 0/10 on a point scale no?

First, a belated welcome to the forum :D

Second, everyone has a slightly different rating scale. I know someone who gives 0 to everything outside his top 10 then 12, 10, 8-1 to the ten songs in it. The hope is that the differences sort of converge and cancel out to the point that we get an accurate measurement of where people stand. So do whatever you so choose; your scale sounds sensible :D

Nicfedy

This song is so beautiful. 12 pts. It will be amazing on stage I'm sure. Thank you Georgia for this

Sean

Admin
Staff member

I am yes, but on this forum I am just at moderator level for general edits :)

It depends how you want to rank it of course and to each their own, but I always feel a slight bit of sadness whenever a very authentic and meticulously composed song gets a 0 from a lot of people just because it's 'boring'... I think even if you don't like it its at least worth one or two for that fact...

ag89

Georgians singing in Georgian (Kartulad, is that how they call it?), am I dreaming?

Citelis

Interesting but song is bad and won't qualify i believe!

JChan

Wow, I must admit I skipped listening to this song until now... but wow it is so beautiful! It's so simple , sweet and charming. I really like it xheart

Bibha

I am yes, but on this forum I am just at moderator level for general edits :)

It depends how you want to rank it of course and to each their own, but I always feel a slight bit of sadness whenever a very authentic and meticulously composed song gets a 0 from a lot of people just because it's 'boring'... I think even if you don't like it its at least worth one or two for that fact...
OK! I changed my vote to 1 point!

You are from Kosovo?

TsachiE

Re: GEORGIA 2018

I actually really liking this entry. Very special and unique . Hope he well do well, although i skeptical.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

OK! I changed my vote to 1 point!

You are from Kosovo?

Sean is British; some people just like changing their flags (I've changed mine because I have an Italian region in a forum game; I'm actually American :p). :D

Top Bottom