12 3.7%

31 9.5%

229 69.8%

• Total voters

GRE

Re: GEORGIA 2012

Georgia will be in Baku!;)

http://www.today.az/news/society/88669.html

"Azerbaijani cultural wealth is also considered as Georgian cultural wealth. We protect them with great attention as our culture. It is possible to see them not in word, but in action", Georgian Minister of Culture and Monuments Protection Nikoloz Rurua, who is on an official visit to Azerbaijan, told journalists.

The minister highly assessed the relations between two countries and said that the country supported all folklore ensembles in existing Georgia: “The ministry finances and prints a newspaper in Azeri. Our professionals are working on historical cultural monuments. I don’t see any problem. Certainly it is always wanted to do more things. I think that the process goes in right direction”.

Rurua congratulated Azerbaijan on the victory in the Eurovision-2011 an said that Georgia will be represented in this contest at the high level: “We rejoice over Azerbaijan’s victory. Wordless, We will be represented in the contest which will be hosted by neighbor and friendly Azerbaijan. We are ready to held Azerbaijan in any sphere”.

Narmina

^ I had no doubt about their participation to be honest :) and it's pleasant to hear such plesant words from them ;)

A-lister

Veteran

what a surprise! nino chkheidze is very popular here in taxi drivers:D. teenagers don't like her :D

Nino is great! And btw Eurovision is not just for teenagers. Do you want to present Georgian culture or some wannabe American song to Europe (that some will laugh at)? That's your choice.

2007 you had an awesome debut, after that hmm...

Anyways I hope you pick a good song next year, come back strong! :)

Charly

Always getting great entries and always in the final :D

AlekS

Veteran

Nino is great! And btw Eurovision is not just for teenagers. Do you want to present Georgian culture or some wannabe American song to Europe (that some will laugh at)?
Fail. Some will laugh at the folk song too xshrug

A-lister

Veteran

Fail. Some will laugh at the folk song too xshrug

Where's the fail? Some will laugh at everything.

But the worst of the pack is all these wannabe songs, with bad composition and bad English...

Georgian entries have been pretty decent English though, unfortunately can't say all entries have been.

Anyways hope for something good next year, they have yet to send something even half as good as 2007 debut, that one was really great. It was a great fusion of different styles and pretty original aswell.

r3gg13

Anyways hope for something good next year, they have yet to send something even half as good as 2007 debut, that one was really great. It was a great fusion of different styles and pretty original aswell.

They had everything almost right on that song except the lyrics. Nice voice, great music, gorgeous singer (though that's not necessary). I just wish she actually shared "her story" instead of just saying that she's sailing through it. It was almost perfectoverall, but those lyrics were just not great.

A-lister

Veteran

They had everything almost right on that song except the lyrics. Nice voice, great music, gorgeous singer (though that's not necessary). I just wish she actually shared "her story" instead of just saying that she's sailing through it. It was almost perfectoverall, but those lyrics were just not great.

Hmm I thought the lyrics were pretty good, compared for instance to the dire lyrics of the 2008 entry.

Anyways lyrics happens to be one of the last things I pay attention to, and I guess good lyrics is not really what ESC is known for in the first place anyhow :lol:

I just meant that their debut was really strong, imo one of the strongest debuts in ESC, and they have yet to live up to that one.

CC92

I do agree with A-Lister. Visionary dream was quite good and authentic. Last year was different, not really my cup of tea but honourable as well. Something in Georgian and probably (more) folk influences next time would be nice and stand out (especially as 95% will sing in generic pop songs and disney ballads in English).

r3gg13

Hmm I thought the lyrics were pretty good, compared for instance to the dire lyrics of the 2008 entry.

Anyways lyrics happens to be one of the last things I pay attention to, and I guess good lyrics is not really what ESC is known for in the first place anyhow :lol:

I just meant that their debut was really strong, imo one of the strongest debuts in ESC, and they have yet to live up to that one.

Yeah, it's not really the contest for lyrics. I agree with the rest though, I think that it's a good song and a good debut. It's an honest, sincere song, I always end up liking songs that are like that

Charly

Georgians planning to visit Baku with large delegation. Georgia is also involved in preparations to hold Eurovision-2012 Song Contest in Baku. The statement came from Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of Georgia.

The ministry noted that such an influential European competition will be held in the South Caucasus for the first time, and Georgia will use this opportunity to promote its tourism potential and cultural heritage. The preparations for the contest are already under way.

“Preparations for the contest have already begun. Georgia will be represented at the event not only with its participant. We want to organize a pavilion in the days of Eurovision to let the guests learn about Georgia. We are planning to visit Baku with a large delegation on those days to promote Georgian culture,” the Ministry said in a statement.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

According to escxtra.com, GPB has not made a decision regarding the song selection or participaton though they are expected to be in Baku.

Source

A-lister

Veteran

According to escxtra.com, GPB has not made a decision regarding the song selection or participaton though they are expected to be in Baku.
Source

No surprise about their participation really, I mean wasn't there even some news some time ago how they will go all in this time around and use this as an opportunity to promote themselves even more (as neighbor country blah blah)? I remember reading something like that.

Anyways still cross all my fingers for NINO NINO NINO!!!! :lol:

Well another year and I'm still rooting for Nino Chkheidze for Georgia finally!!

I will not give up until she's finally chosen!!! :lol:

r3gg13

Will it be another Sopho, that's my big question.

Anyway, Georgia is one of my favorite ESC countries, they always have interesting and well performed/staged songs (with the exception of 2008 which is just out there). I have high expectations from Georgia, needless to say.

AlekS

Veteran

According to 1 Tbilisi newspaper Ukrainian singer Ivanna Melai said that she doesn't mind to represent Georgia @ESC. As appeared she's also a Georgian TV host.

here's her song for comparison:
lol she has so low chances.

Last edited:

r3gg13

ESCToday: Deadline to send songs = January 15th

Deadline January 15th
Georgia: GPB calls for songs
A few days after confirming their participation in the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest, Georgian public broadcaster GPB has launched a call for songs. The submissions period will remain open for one month starting today - the deadline has been set for January 15th.
An internal panel of experts will then select a number of songs that will proceed to the country's national final, to be broadcast in the beginning of February, GPB told esctoday.com. The winner will be decided through a combination of jury voting and SMS voting at a 50%-50% stake.

All those interested in taking part in the Georgian selection process for Eurovision 2012 must send in their songs - in Georgian or English - to the national broadcaster GPB, attaching their CVs and picture.

Georgia debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest back in 2007 with Sopho and Visionary dream. Their most successful participations came in 2010 and 2011, when the country ended up on the 9th place being represented by Sophia Nizharadze and Eldrine.

ESCToday link

Simon87

According to 1 Tbilisi newspaper Ukrainain singer Ivanna Melai said that she doesn't mind to represent Georgia @ESC. As appeared she's also a Georgian TV host.

here's her song for comparison:
lol she has so low chances.

Only if she change name to Sopho ;) :lol:

And btw this guy that sings with her is from group No Name that represented Serbia and Montenegro in Kiev

Top Bottom