Veteran
[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

That singer from 2004 is not alive any more, he dead in car accident.. :(

Look at my last comment in the Swiss thread!! xlove

GWTW1939

Isn't it cute xlove

ceakftxwyaeqzk7.jpg

Gordon_Shumway

"Autumn leaves" is a big "grower" for me. I liked the excellent video with the drawings from the very beginning, but this does not help much for the live performance. Or could they maybe project that on the stage? Anyway, I think the song itself is good enough to have a chance on qualifying for the final. Good luck Macedonia for the semifinal!!!

Vittra

This is my favourite this year :D I'll vote for it if it makes it to the final (which I think it will) :D

Grinch

Macedonia is one of my favourites but the rehearsal really disappointed me. Those African American back singers, the choreography, the backdrop... I don't know, it just doesn't look promising.

aef

Macedonia is one of my favourites but the rehearsal really disappointed me. Those African American back singers, the choreography, the backdrop... I don't know, it just doesn't look promising.

I fully agree you! :|

aletem

TH0000_6.jpg

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Good background, questionable staging.

Scooby

But why Corinthian columns in background? And why 3 big Afroamerican guys?

GWTW1939

Those "black guys" as everybody keeps calling them are 90s Grammy award winning American R&B group Blackstreet

Apparently Daniel and the group recently collaborated on another song together so I guess he just decided to bring them along for the ride and they accepted xshrug

Romeo

I love this song, but I am sorry, the clip doesn't make me happy :(

I hope the second rehearsal gets better

Iuris

I feel so bad, because I love the song, but the staging it's not enough... The background is very overloaded, and I don't understand the reason for the choreography. :(

Krishoes

As you can see this song is on my top ten but the first rehearsal has been a MESS. That horrible choreography out of time, the choir stylistically has nothing to do with the song and the voice of Daniel. I hope they will make a big change to their performance 'cause, this way, I can't see this song in the final.

Sammy

Veteran
Daniel seemed to be a bit shaky in his vocal performance from what I heard of the first rehearsal. Hopefully he can improve!

Terence

To be honest, I think a backing band would be more fitting than Blackstreet dancing.

So they are 'No Diggity' Blackstreet?! Blast from the past... thanks Mr. Kawasaki-whatever, you made me realize how old I have become.

Mimi

11206666_801591043264615_4012700190008942810_o.jpg

http://eurovisionireland.net/2015/0...olling-blog-start-1200-noon-cet-just-refresh/

Andrew: Loving the backdrop for Macedonia, its like a big Greek temple with lots of columns. Autumn leaves come into the backdrop too. He has a 3 piece backing group called Merj from the USA who dance and sing alongside him. I think it looks good and works well. Its more RnB boy band than boyband. This is working for me and enhances the chances of us seeing Macedonia in the Final next week.

Elaine: A very slick performance from Macedonia. When you put in a dance routine as they have, it can be risky because the timing has to be great but Daniel and Merj (from Blackstreet) are on point. The backdrop is fabulous in gold with the ‘Falling Leaves’ effect. The dance routine is like a boy band routine but made cool and I love the shoe shuffle. You know what I will be attempting down the Euroclub when it opens. Good job Macedonia.

John: Last on today is this pleasantly-staged song. The separate elements of gentle song and R&B influence wouldn’t seem to work, but actually they do very well. Daniel’s backing singers, Merj (from Blackstreet) don’t get in the way at all, and give a very good complement to the main vocal. Our backdrop features classical arches and columns, giving the impression of an ancient temple or arena. No lions though, luckily. There are also [virtual] leaves blowing around. More up than down but they create an effect nevertheless. The occasional shots of the stage floor show a carpet of autumn foliage. Just to make sure the viewer knows what the song is about. This has grown on me, and it’s come from a less than average chance to a more secure qualifier. Macedonia just need to keep the vocal clear and they should be there.

Phil: It seems the guest blogger is going to round the day off in style. Daniel has drafted in some professional assistance in the form of Merj from Backstreet to help him learn how to move around the stage, no I kid you not, they have managed to get them in!! – Vocally, however, and overall it just strikes me as average lift lobby music which is probably where this song will end up – in an elevator in the long term. In the short term, however, It is fighting for a qualification place and, in my opinion, it needs to have very good luck to qualify but I do think it has a chance… but not a very good one. It looks ok on the telly though, and that’s the thing that’s more important.

Top Bottom