1. :al: Arilena Ara "Fall From The Sky"
2. :ee: Uku Suviste "What Love Is"
3. :fr: Tom Leeb "Mon Allié (The Best In Me)"

Looren

Veteran
It's a masterpiece, Tom have a very nice voice

But when I listened to it I knew that it won't do well in Eurovision

Citelis

It wasn't the best option for Eurovision but he didn't deserve the hate he got in the fan community.

Laepo1

Nowadays the haters speak the loudest. So everything gets lots hate. People should just relax.

1.:es: Betty Missiego - Su cancion
2.:il: Milk and Honey - Hallelujah
3.:dk: Tommy Seebach - Disco tango
4.:nl: Xandra - Colorado
5.:fi: Katri Helena - Katson sineen taivaan
6.:be: Micha Marah - Hey nana
7.:fr: Anne Marie David - Je suis l'enfant soleil
8.:de: Dschinghis Khan - Dschinghis Khan
9.:pt: Manuela Bravo - Sobe, sobe, balão sobe
10.:gr: Elpida - Sokratis
11.:uk: Black Lace - Mary Ann
12.:se: Ted Gärdestad - Satellite
13.:no: Anita Skorgan - Oliver
14.:lu: Jeane Manson – J'ai déjà vu ça dans tes yeux
15.:ch: Peter, Sue, Marc, Pfuri, Gorps and Kniri - Trödler und co
16.:mc: Laurent Vaguener - Notre vie c'est la musique
17.:ie: Cathal Dunne - Happy man
18.:at: Christina Simon – Heute in Jerusalem
19.:it: Matia Bazar - Raggio di luna

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Hooray Eurovision Again finished for my fave years in the 2000's let's do another one of these

#KYIV2005

01. :ro: :12: - In a contest packed with all-time fave contenders Romania easily take the cake as the most impressive to me? Not only does Luminita ace the Eurovision Triple Threat (Good Vocals, Breath-taking Visuals, Addictive Melody) with flying colours, "Let me try" is extra to a bonkers degree, featuring LIVE WELDING and stock construction soundbytes and the ...dancers/builders/extras clambering on the stage in CONCRETE SHOES, all to clinch a win they probably should've gotten hadn't they been drawfucked in the finale. xangry Also Luminita bears a striking resemblance to my mom which yanks up the cognitive dissonance up to eleven so thank you for that as well.

02. :no: :12: - COME ON COME ON COME ON LOVE IS ALL OVER MEEEEEEEE. And for all the praise Romania deserve, the same could be said for Norway who send a bloody GLAM ROCK FIRECRACKER to Kyiv, i would say 'cleaving through the monotony', but the first half of the 2005 finale is actually stacked with insanely good songs so it becomes a 1-2-3-4-however long string of AWESOME that they and Luminita help put together, so THANK YOU FOR THAT MY HIRSUTE SERAPHIM.

03. :hu: :12: - Of course in a contest this front-loaded having a good opener is essential and NOX are in many ways the perfect opening act? Aggro folkdance spectacles specked with deliriously ovine vocals (yes Szilvia can't sing but that only adds to the allure. Thank fuck she can't from an entertainment perspective) and a generous smattering of knee-clashing and rag coutoure xheart It just draws you in second one. Great on its own but not TOO great to steal the thunder from the Epicness Ahead Of Us, which makes me love NOX... even more 😍Shoqing I know.

04. :ch: :10: - It will never not be hilarious to me that Switzerland basically stole an Eurolaul reject, forced them to sing a Meinunger composition and became a frontrunner, while the Põldvere-fronted Lõhmus Lamus of Estonia proper torpedo'd itself in an ignominious 33rd place. :ROFLMAO::love: but aside from that "Cool Vibes" rules independently (it's a girl-fronted soft metal song about a tiger!! SPIRIT ANIMAL. 😍TOTEM OF LOVE. 😍) and is surely Lenna Kuurma's best contribution to LIFE between Kung Fu Klub and literally soaring through the air back in the day when Eesti Laul was good.

05. :il: :8: - The Quintessential Eurovision Ballad We Gays All Adore until Yohanna strung us along under her siren spell, but regardless "Hasheket Shenish'ar" is verrrry good, eventhough i find it hard to explain why? It's definitely one of those entries where my (positive) feelings are more rational than emotional however, and being a being of emotion, I find that a well harder to tap into. But yes, in a streak of Israel sending "sorta famous" people to esc, their most successful entrant was an unknown nightclub performer with g-size boobs. :love:

06. :mt: :8: - This walking clump of smug xheart Not sure how popular this opinion is but *I* always liked the first two instances of Chiara but especially this incarnation as she clearly thinks she has the win ON LOCK and then quietly evens out as one of Eurovision's randomest runners up with only ONE meager twelve, whilst never leading the scoreboard xheart This isn't a particularly flatting take on Chiara but :whispers: neither is my 1998 one (sample quote: "wow chiara is serving some elephant in trenchcoat realness :love:" -- me during ESCAgain 1998)

07. :gr: :8:- A little bit too slick and Swedish to be really get my blood pumping, but that's my only gripe as the performance itself is completely free of flaws! It's fun, fierce, catchy, captivating, memorable, epic in its own right; Definitely among the better winners this show has produced (and definitely *the best* in its genre at ESC), although I like my entries a bit rougher around the edges. Also, in a vein similar to Luminita resembling my mom, Helena's blonde dancer bears a striking resemblance to my former geography teacher. :lol:

08. :ba: :8: - OH HEYO IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY. Femminem JUMP into their song ad rem in the most harmonious screaming match the contest has possibly ever seen? Camp Schlager is best served as a hyperaggressive ball of energy but these ladies take the gobsmacked audience by storm, complete with EBU ass-kissing (FIFTY CANDLES ON THE PARTY CAKES FOR THE MANY YEARS OF HAPPINESS:love:) which makes their 2010 lobotimized reappearance all the more tragique.

09. :md: :7: - YESSS, the Granny :love: but independently from The Granny, this *is* a very good punk rock anthem and those who say it finished Sixth JUST because of an old lady banging her drums are jealous and deluded. But ZsZ ended up shit in 2011 anyway so maybe the Haters Were Right? :rolleyes: Making Terry's brain IMPLODE by climbing up the scoreboard early on because *all* the Helena votes were in the second half somehow xheart

10. :al: :7: - Tomorrow I Go is a highkey (my friend matthew: "kate miller highkey" 😎) disaster but yes, exactly? The first instance of the Albanian Screeching Harpy at Eurovision, Ledina shrieks in and out of every pitch like a Jackson Pollock with synesthesia. :love: Also yes, this song is about Losing Your Virginity On Your Wedding Night, as subtly portrayed by the male dancer wrapping Ledina and her violin wenches in a giant red ribbon. :love:

11. :tr: :7:- Also a highkey disaster? but unlike Tomorrow I Go, the messiness feels intentional so I like it *slightly* less than Albania's :teehee:. Still, I am not going to turn down a Turkish Bollywood Bonanza, especially when the lead singer is serving some serious Garuda The Sky Demon realness. :love:

12. :mk: :6: - Male Veruca Salts xheart The moth-eaten jacket xheart that pathetic excuse for a choreography xheart This entry is the reason for the world "Lametastic".

13. :es: :6: - Daily/Gayly Reminder that the Las Ketchup Knock-Off was much better than the actual Las Ketchup entry and yes this is funny (mostly because it reflects so horribly on both LK and SdS), but I also enjoyed "Brujeria" independenly from that, like it was a legit fun summer medly? w/e moving on

14. :hr: :6: - In a time frame where we're being served increasedly more pallid Zheljko knock-offs it feels so refreshing to have a balkan ballad that *actually represents music from the balkans*, so yeah sure this one can be green also.

15. :me: :6: - This entry consists of 6 "attractive" (but secretly kind of rly ugly xheart) men spazzing out and helplessly flailing around the stage, while FAILING to sing in unison (like a serious anti-Femminem tease), sure I'll take it especially, as has been pointed out to me by my friend Jonas, that the melody sounds eerily similar to Love Love Peace Peace. :lol:

16. :uk: :5: - that awkward moment when you try to be a Sertab Erener and have the rug pulled from under you by Gülseren and a coterie of EPIC EARLY DRAW ENTRIES that erase every memory of you. 😬 Javine herself is okay tho.

17. :ru: :5: - Is about a school schooting? Is the second Russian entry in a row that feels like a Bad Avril Lavigne clone? Looks like Jill Zarin? idk, it fine.

18. :se: :4: - Bad things happen to those who reject Nanne Grönval.

19. :dk: :4: - There are plenty of things I could ask for in an ESC entry. Danish Reggae and mullets aren't it.

20. :fr: :4: - I always find it perversely amusing that the Belgian commentators HAMMERED on the fact Ortal wrote her own song? "don't worry if it's shit she's ONLY 20 or whatever" Idk, it almost creates an "Aww Bless Factor" big enough to eke out a morsel of ironic appresh, but "Chaqu'un pense a soi" is just too insipid and stupid to make that happen so WHATEVs.

21. :ua: :3: - EW A POLITICAL ENTRY CANCEL EUROVISION. lol jk, I actually don't mind that GreenJolly are political (mostly because they are SO in your face about it? ...at least it stands for something :glares at Latvia:), but um if you're going to mess with Ukraine's Goddess Only formula you better bring something EPIC and not some subpar hiphop clod.

22. :de: :3: - YA BETTA RUN AND HIiiIiiIiIIIiiiIIIIIiiIiiIIDE. Nuff said.

23. :cy: :1: - Konstantinos and I were never going to gel with his being a ~Ladies Man~ and me being a grouchy misandrist, but he absolutely yanked the Fuckboi Factor to astronomical levels in "Ela, ela" and turns it into a teeth-grindingly, infuriating mess. Yes, I get why one could like the CUM BABY CUM BABYness of it all (and that stuuuuupid fucking dance) but I would rather resort to violence than lower my self-esteem. EASILY a least fave in most years, but alas this year also has:

24. :lv: :0: - Hooray one of the WORST entries of all time but don't worry like a turd that won't flush, this crapfest floated its way to FIFTH FUCKING PLACE based on its White Male Mediocrity. xcheerWalters's unfortunate passing has made me unsure whether I could still hate "The war is not over" after all those years, but fortunately (for the readers of this post, and very, very UNfortunately for me), it's still as revolting as ever! So, first of all, remember how I said GreenJolly were IN YOUR FACE political? Walters & Kazha take the opposite approach, sticking to extremely vague, unspecific issues that are so generalist they are applicable to any possible conflict. WHAT war is over? who are THEY who want to make us believe? Name names!!! If I wanted vague and universally applicable codswallop i'd turn on the tv and watch AstroTime. Secondly, they are atrocious live? Yes Walters lost his voice but Kazha (whose name is eerily close to "Kazka" I just realized) has a perfectly functional and completely onctuous nasal whine that has to count as *the* most annoying singing voice at this contest by a mile. Thirdly, any, and I do mean, ANY person attempting sign language especially with *this type of entry* areyoufuckingshittingme, commits an act of pure insidious, audience-manipulating EVIL. Holy fuck they suck GOODBYE.

Laepo1

Nothing really exciting about this year, but nothing really bad either.

1.:be: Telex - Euro-Vision
2.:fr: Profil - Hé hé m'sieurs dames
3.:no: Sverre Kjeldsberg & Mattis Hætta - Sàmiid Ædnan
4.:ie: Johnny Logan - What's another year
5.:de: Katja Ebstein - Theater
6.:pt: José Cid - Um grande grande amor
7.:se: Tomas Ledin - Just nu!
8.:ch: Paola - Cinéma
9.:uk: Prima Donna - Love enough for two
10.:lu: Sophie & Magaly - Papa Pingouin
11.:gr: Anna Vissi and the Epikouri - Autostop
12.:es: Trigo Limpio - Quedate esta noche
13.:dk: Bamses Venner - Tænker altid på dig
14.:nl: Maggie MacNeal - Amsterdam
15.:ma: Samira Bensaïd - Bitaqat Hub
16.:tr: Ajda Pekkan - Pet'r Oil
17.:fi: Vesa-Matti Loiri - Huilumies
18.:it: Alan Sorrenti - Non so che darei
19.:at: Blue Danube - Du bist musik

Laepo1

1.:uk: Bucks Fizz - Making your mind up
2.:de: Lena Valaitis - Johnny Blue
3.:pt: Carlos Paião - Playback
4.:ch: Peter, Sue & Marc - Lo senza tu
5.:cy: Island - Monika
6.:se: Björn Skifs - Fångad i en dröm
7.:dk: Tommy Seebach & Debbie Cameron - Krøller eller ej
8.:yu: Seid Memić Vajta - Lejla
9.:il: Hakol Over Habibi - Halayla
10.:nl: Linda Williams - Het is een wonder
11.:fr: Jean Gabilou - Humanahum
12.:gr: Giannis Dimitras - Feggari kalokairino
13.:fi: Riki Sorsa - Reggae OK
14.:ie: Sheeba - Horoscopes
15.:es: Bacchelli - Y sólo tú
16.:at: Marty Brem - Wenn du da bist
17.:no: Finn Kalvik - Aldri I Livet
18.:be: Emly Starr - Samson
19.:lu: Jean-Claude Pascal - C'est peut-être pas l'Amérique
20.:tr: Modern Folk Uclusu & Aysegul Aldinc - Donme Dolap

Laepo1

1.:de: Nicole - Ein bißchen Frieden
2.:il: Avi Toledano - Hora
3.:es: Lucia - Él
4.:yu: Aska - Halo, halo
5.:pt: Doce - Bem bom
6.:be: Stella - Si tu aimes ma musique
7.:cy: Anna Vissi - Mono i agapi
8.:se: Chips - Dag efter dag
9.:dk: Brixx - Video video
10.:lu: Svetlana - Cours après le temps
11.:uk: Bardo - One Step Further
12.:nl: Bill van Dijk - Jij en ik
13.:ie: The Duskeys - Here Today Gone Tomorrow
14.:at: Mess - Sonntag
15.:ch: Arlette Zola - Amour on t'aime
16.:fi: Kojo - Nuku pommiin
17.:no: Jahn Teigen & Anita Skorgan - Adieu
18.:tr: Neco - Hani

Laepo1

One of the most disappointing winners ever, on pair with 2011. Turkey three years in a row in last place in my rankings. :rolleyes:

1.:il: Ofra Haza - Hi
2.:se: Carola - Främling
3.:fi: Ami Aspelund - Fantasiaa
4.:fr: Guy Bonnet - Vivre
5.:yu: Daniel Popović - Džuli
6.:de: Hoffmann & Hoffmann - Rücksicht
7.:cy: Stavros & Constantina - I agapi akoma zi
8.:it: Riccardo Fogli - Per Lucia
9.:uk: Sweet Dreams - I'm never giving up
10.:nl: Bernadette - Sing me a song
11.:gr: Kristy Stasinopoulou - Mou les
12.:lu: Corinne Hermes - Si la vie est cadeau
13.:pt: Armando Gama - Esta balada que te dou
14.:ch: Mariella Farré - Io così non ci sto
15.:es: Remedios Amaya - ¿Quién maneja mi barca?
16.:be: Pas de Deux - Rendez-vous
17.:at: Westend - Hurricane
18.:dk: Gry Johansen - Kloden drejer
19.:no: Jahn Teigen & Anita Skorgan - Do re mi
20.:tr: Çetin Alp & the Short Waves - Opera

Looren

Veteran
Well I don't know how all this hate for Azerbaidjan in 2011, well there were better songs but it's still a nice winner

Laepo1

Well I don't know how all this hate for Azerbaidjan in 2011, well there were better songs but it's still a nice winner

Because, as you said,there were better songs. At least 30 of them.

1.:it: Franco Battiato & Alice - I treni di tozeur
2.:pt: Maria Guinot - Silêncio e tanta gente
3.:ie: Linda Martin - Terminal 3
4.:se: Herreys - Diggi-loo diggi-ley
5.:fr: Annick Thoumazeau Autant d'amoureux que d'étoiles
6.:nl: Maribelle - Ik hou van jou
7.:es: Bravo - Lady lady
8.:fi: Kirka - Hengaillaan
9.:at: Anita - Einfach weg
10.:de: Mary Roos - Aufrecht Geh'n
11.:dk: Hot Eyes - Det' lige det
12.:be: Jacques Zegers - Avanti la vie
13.:tr: Beş Yıl Önce On Yıl Sonra - Halay
14.:uk: Belle And The Devotions - Love games
15.:cy: Andy Paul - Anna Maria Lena
16.:yu: Vlado & Isolda - Ciao amore
17.:no: Dollie de Luxe - Lenge leve livet
18.:ch: Rainy Day - Welche Farbe hat der Sonnenschein?
19.:lu: Sophie Carle - 100% D'amour

Looren

Veteran
Well I'm starting to do my full rankings (first of the decade and then I'll see for the past years) :

2010 (in bold my qualifiers) :

1. :il: Harel Skaat "Milim" : A masterpiece, so sweet and nice ! Tel Aviv 2011 !!!
2. :az: Safura "Drip Drop" : Powerful voice and song ! Congratulations !
3. :ge: Sofia Nizharadze "Shine" : Singing and dancing, wow ! And what a voice !
4. :no: Didrid Solli-Tangen "My Heart Is Yours" : So underrated, he has an amazing voice ! Yes the song is a little bit dated but I really like it !
5. :cy: Jon Lilygreen & The Islanders "Life Looks Better In Spring" : Sweet country song, I enjoyed it very much !
6. :ru: Peter Nalitch & Friends "Lost And Forgotten" : Really beautiful ! Amazing voice and very nice song, congratulations to Russia !
7. :be: Tom Dice "Me And My Guitar" : Nice voice, sweet song, I really love it ! Masterpiece !
8. :de: Lena "Satellite" : It's not my type of song but I really enjoyed it ! Good winner
9. :hr: Feminnem "Lako Je Sve" : The best non-qualified song ! So nice and sweet, the girls have good voices too !
10. :by: 3+2 feat Robert Wells "Butterflies" : Good voices and sweet, lovely song !
11. :pt: Filipa Azevedo "Ha Dias Assim" : So sweet and so nice
12. :sk: Kristina "Horehronie" : ROBBED ! Very nice song and nice voice ! Slovakia really robbed !
13. :se: Anna Bergendahl "This Is My Life" : In this decade Sweden usually send crap and always qualify, and they didn't qualify with this nice song ? I don't understand
14. :mt: Thea Garrett "My Dream" : Amazing voice, nice ballad, a good song !
15. :ro: Paula Selling & Ovi "Playing With Fire" : Nice song and Paula has an amazing voice !
16. :pl: Marcin Mrozinski "Legenda" : The song was not the best (except the beggining which was exceptionnal) but he is a good singer and deserved to qualify
17. :tr: Manga "We Could Be The Same" : Overrated but good song
18. :md: Sunstroke Project & Olia Tira "Run Away" : Well it's not my type of song but it's not bad ! And the singer of Sunstroke Project is really good !
19. :lv: Aisha "What For ?" : Yes the live wasn't perfect but she has a good voice and didn't deserve last place
20. :am: Eva Rivas "Apricot Stone" : Not my type of song but I enjoyed it
21. :fi: Kuunkuiskaajat "Työlki Ellää" : So funny haha ! I kinda liked it !
22. :ie: Niamh Kavanagh "It's for You" : Sweet song
23. :lt: Inculto "Eastern European Funk" : Wtf xD ? Very original xD
24. :es: Daniel Diges "Algo Pequeñito" : Hey not bad !
25. :uk: Josh Dubovie "That Sounds Good To Me" : He's not that bad, why last ?
26. :mk: Gjoko Taneski "Jas Ja Imam Silata" : It's not bad
27. :dk: Chanée & N'evergreen "In A Moment Like This" : So overrated
28. :ba: Vukasin Brajic "Thunder And Lightning": It's really not my type of songs
29. :ua: Alyosha "Sweet People" : She should calm down a little bit xD
30. :al: Juliana Pasha "It's All About You" : I don't like it
31. :gr: Yorgos Alkéos & Friends "Opa" : Greece why are you sending this ?
32. :ch: Michael Von Der Helde "Il Pleut De l'or" : No sir !
33. :ee: Malcolm Lincoln & Manpower 4 "Siren" : Hum... no
34. :is: Hera Björk "Je Ne Sais Quoi" : My ears were bleeding
35. :fr: Jessy Matador "Allé Ola Olé" : Okay it's festive but for me it's really bad ! Olé olé out !
36. :rs: Milan Stankovic "Ovo Je Balkan" : I don't really understand why Serbia sended this... well it's a festive song but I really don't like it
37. :bg: Miro "Angel Si Ti" : So bad...
38. :nl: Sieneke "Ik Ben Verliefd" : ...

Laepo1

There were at least 40 better entries than Azerbaijan in 2011.

I still need to give one extra listen to 2011 songs, but yeah, it ranks really low on my charts as well.

Well I'm starting to do my full rankings (first of the decade and then I'll see for the past years) :

Welcome! Good luck :)

1.:no: Bobbysocks - La Det Swinge
2.:es: Paloma San Basilio - La fiesta termino
3.:tr: MFÖ - Didai Didai Dai
4.:se: Kikki Danielsson - Bra vibrationer
5.:gr: Takis Biniaris - Miazoume
6.:de: Wind - Für alle
7.:il: Izhar Cohen - Ole, Ole!
8.:dk: Hot eyes - Sku' du spørg' fra no'en?
9.:fi: Sonja Lumme - Eläköön elämä
10.:ch: Mariella Farré & Pino Gasparini - Piano, piano
11.:fr: Roger Bens - Femme dans ses rêves aussi
12.:lu: Margo, Franck Olivier, Diane Solomon, Ireen Sheer, Chris & Malcolm Roberts - Children, Kinder, Enfants
13.:at: Gary Lux - Kinder dieser welt
14.:ie: Maria Christian - Wait until the weekend comes
15.:uk: Vikki Watson - Love Is
16.:pt: Adelaide Ferreira - Penso Em Ti
17.:it: Al Bano & Romina Power - Magic oh magic
18.:cy: Lia Vissi - To katalava arga
19.:be: Linda Lepomme - Laat me nu gaan

Top Bottom