Contact us

FSC Spin-Off - May 2021: "Non-English Language - Part 2" - The Show | RESULTS from page 2

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
4yne8se.jpg

Welcome to another FSC Spin-Off!

yQwRxUC.gif

Welcome to the FSC May 2021 Spin-Off, featuring favourite Non-English Language songs from
the whole world. Our host city is : Maracaibo, Venezuela, the 2nd largest city in Venezuela.
It is situated in northwestern Venezuela , on the western shore, of the strait that connects Lake
Maracaibo to the Gulf of Venezuela . The city population is c. 2.7 million (w/area c. 5.3 million)

8f1Ltyb.jpg

Maracaibo is nicknamed "The Beloved Land of the Sun" ("La Tierra del Sol Amada"), and is con
sidered the economic center of western part of Venezuela , owing to the petroleum industry th
at developed in the shores of Lake Maracaibo. It is sometimes known as "The First City of Ven
ezuela", for being the nation's first city to adopt various types of public services incl. electricity.

lO33enF.jpg

Founded in 1574 as Nueva Zamora de la Laguna de Maracaibo, by Captain Pedro Maldonado,
the city became a transshipment point for inland settlements. The 1st town was settled in the
1st decades of the 17th century. Oil was discovered in 1917, leading to a large increase in pop
ulation. The region’s main income comes from oil , agriculture , livestock production, & mining.

XlI37EG.jpg

Culture in Maracaibo is very indigenous & unique, is recognized in every state and city in Vene
zuela, and is very influential with its gaitas (style of Venezuelan folk music), desserts, style, liv
ing, and customs. Maracaibo boasts one of the best universities in the country. The name Mar
acaibo is said to come from the brave cacique ( Indian chief ) Mara who fought the Spaniards.

jnvNDFQ.jpg

Sights in Maracaibo incl. Museo de Arte Contemporáneo del estado Zulia ( MACZUL ), Museo
General Rafael Urdaneta , Centro Bellas Artes de Maracaibo , Teatro Baralt, Museo de la Gaita,
Basilica NuestraSeñora de Chiquinquira, General Rafael Urdaneta Bridge, Plaza del Rosario de
Nuestra Senora de Chiquinquira, Castillo de San Carlos dlB, & Catedral San Pedro y San Pablo.

sjeCZ4j.jpg

Tmwe8gd.png

Our Host venue is : the El Teatro Baralt in Maracaibo, Venezuela . The first theatre at the
site was built in the mid 19th century as a small performance hall with subsequent theatre bu
ildings there having seen many different reconstructions. A major Venezuelan cultural institut
ion the theatre received a National Monument designation in 1981 recognizing its location as
the site of the first film screenings in the country , & as a longstanding part of the historic cen
ter of Maracaibo . The theatre is in 2 halves : the first is the main theatre , featuring the stage,
seating, & restrooms ; the second is the public area , with a smoking area and restaurant. The
seating consists of stalls at floor level & a raised circle for a capacity of 3.000 . Externally, the
facade has design features that have been described as art nouveau , by Venezuelan heritage
board, incl. the balustrades and large arches in relief with detailing in iron above the entrance.
It has a gable roof made of zinc with trusses . Internally , there are extensive paintings & fresc
oes across the walls , ceilings & columns in an art deco style by Antonio Angulo, a local artist.
The curtain was donated by the Spanish government for the 1932 opening & was designed by
painter/artist César Bulbena. They are proud to host this evening’s Spin-Off edition of the FSC.

mghXEI3.jpg

sjeCZ4j.jpg

E6bqAcS.jpg

Our lovely Hosts this evening are:

Dayana Mendoza and Gabriela Isler

cGBiIvb.jpg
2OM5JD6.jpg

Dayana Mendoza is a Venezuelan actress, model , film producer and director. She is also a fo
rmer beauty queen, and winner of the titles of Miss Venezuela 2007 and the coveted Miss Uni
verse 2008. She is proud to co-host this evening’s Spin-off edition of the Forum Song Contest.

Gabriela Isler is a Venezuelan TV host, fashion model and beauty queen who represented Ven
ezuela and was crowned Miss Universe 2013 . She is the founder of the Universe of Blessings
Fund (UBF). She is proud to co-host this evening’s Spin-off edition of the Forum Song Contest.

Opening Act

by famous Venezuelan Latin pop
and Reggaeton duo Mau & Ricky

Once again, welcome to this Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest.

Let the Show begin!

tqcd9Op.png

THE-
yQwRxUC.gif
-SONGS

Interval Act

A groovy Non-English Language song in Hungarian
by Szilvia Péter Szabó, the famous vocalist of NOX

lGNVhdb.jpg

lGNVhdb.jpg

Closing Act

By famous Venezuelan singer
and actress Evaluna Montaner

Thank You - and Good Night - from Maracaibo, Venezuela!

PnwwLdm.jpg

Voting deadline: 25th May, 23:59 CET

NB! Votes may be submitted after 48 hours

Votes are sent by PM to me , Malagant in trad. ESC/FSC-style: 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1p.
No votes for own entry. No late votes will be accepted, so make a note of the deadline.

Votes received: 22/22

:bg::se::tw::kr::rs:
:fr::es::me::jp::fi:
:au::be::gr::az::ua:
:dz::my::ca::il::pr:
:ru::mk:

Promotion of your entry (voluntary) may be done in the FSC Spin-Off Promotions Thread.

Enjoy - and good luck to all entries!
tqcd9Op.gif

8mabVIs.jpg

heke1988

@Malagant We have same kind of theme in our songs, but different kind of music genre:LOL:.

A-lister

Veteran
Great show @Malagant xcheer

... oh and now seeing the entry you chose for Sweden, I am not surprised ;)

Also, the Presentation for my little addition to this edition, the Bulgarian entry, is added to the Promotions thread, hope ya'll will dig this Balkan bop as much as I've done since the first time I heard it... it's hot! xheatxmusic

Last edited:

hawadharma

oh my god Benezuelaaaa xheat xheat

Land of beautiful people and dramatic telenovelas xheat xheat

I can't compete xheat xheat

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Great show @Malagant xcheer

... oh and now seeing the entry you chose for Sweden, I am not surprised ;)
@A-lister Thank you, glad you are enjoying the Show from beautiful Maracaibo, Venezuela xup

Yup, I considered many great non-English songs from many countries for this Spin-Off, but in the end decided on that Swedish-Sami song which I have loved from the start, a jewel in my playlist ;) xlove

A short promotion of the entry can be found in the FSC Spin-Off Promotions thread
tqcd9Op.gif

A-lister

Veteran
After my first initial listen, I must say that this is one of the stronger spin-offs I've entered, good job y'all xclap

Last edited:

fango

Thank you @Malagant and all the participating countriesxlove
What a great show that makes me feel the diversity of language and culture, amazing!
I have selected my top 10 and wish all countries good luck. x12points

Seok-jin

Thanks for the show! xcheer
BTS Land has voted and I have to say that it was really hard to pick only 10 songs, this spin-off was great xheat xheat xheat
Good luck! xrose

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Thanks everyone, glad to hear you are all enjoying this fun FSC Spin-Off from lovely Venezuela! xcheer

5 votes have been received so far, thank you (see flags in top post). Keep on sending in your votes, folks! xup

heke1988

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

12 hours until the deadline

Thanks for all the votes I've received , 18 votes
as of now ( see a list of countries in the opening
post ). Please hurry with your votes, folks! xup

<<>>

If no votes are received from a country prior to the
voting deadline we will then do as in the main FSC-
edition : the country in question, it will be moved to
the bottom of the scoreboard, keeping their points.

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

Top Bottom