Contact us

FSC Spin-Off - December 2017: "Favourite Ballads" - The Show | RESULTS from page 3

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
AKmGGO8.jpg

Welcome to another FSC Spin-Off!

yQwRxUC.gif

Welcome to this FSC December 2017 Spin-Off which will feature many top favourite ballads from
all over the world . Our host city is: Medellín, Colombia , the second-largest city in Colombia in
South America . It is located in the Aburrá Valley, the natural basin of the Medellín River, a central
region of the Andes Mountains (Cordillera de los Andes), & has a population of about 2.5 million.

lXHBcRz.jpg

Once dubbed “ The Most Dangerous City in the World ” by Time Magazine due to the drug-fuelled
violence of Pablo Escobar , in the last 20 years Medellín has undergone a transformation. In add-
ition to big improvements in public safety there has been a huge surge in urban development pro
jects , incl. Colombia’s first Metro system ( the city's pride ) and cable cars to service that region.

oEB3V3w.jpg

Historically, in 1616 the Spanish Francisco Herrera Campuzano erected a small indigenous village
("poblado") known as "Saint Lawrence of Aburrá" (San Lorenzo de Aburrá) , located in the present-
day El Poblado municipality , and site of the city of Medellin . In 1675 , the Spanish Queen consort
Mariana of Austria founded the " Town of Our Lady of Candelaria of Medellín ", at today's city site.

WVttETR.jpg

After Colombia won its independence from Spain , Medellín became capital of , the Federal State
of Antioquia & part of the Colombian Republic from 1886 . During the 19th century, Medellín was
a dynamic commercial center , first exporting gold , then producing and exporting coffee . Today
this modern city, is a major tourist destination with a pulsing nightlife , and a vital finance centre.

Mwsyx9W.jpg

Medellin is surrounded from above by seven hills , which serve as natural viewpoints of the city &
are sites for healthy leisure , recreation , enjoyment , research , sport , culture, education and eco-
tourism . Popular sights : Plaza Botero , Rafael Uribe Uribe Palace of Culture, Metropolitan Cathe-
dral, Carré Building, museums & galleries. Popular festivals: the Flower Festival & Poetry Festival.

Ud9Xe3Y.png

Our Host venue is the Chamorro City Hall (El Rodeo) in Medellin . After more than 20
years in the entertainment industry in Colombia, Chamorro Iluminación decided to expand its hor
izons & create a novel alternative in the field of entertainment , Chamorro Entertainment City Hall
in the capital Bogota. After that success they decided to expand , & the result was the City Hall in
Medellin. "The City Hall El Rodeo, is the product of a strategic alliance with Club El Rodeo", stated
its manager . The venue has become very popular for music events/concerts of different kinds in
Medellin & hosts a good nr. of seats & technical solutions, for a best possible concert experience.

C9ddXNb.jpg

vSHdNvR.jpg

E0FJLzZ.jpg

Our lovely Hosts this evening are:

Zulay Henao and Paula Garces

DfOWz81.jpg
hToZTC6.jpg

Zulay Henao (born in Medellin , Colombia in 1979) is a famous Colombian film and television act-
ress. Her family emigrated to the US where she later served several years in the military. She then
enrolled at the ' New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts ' to study acting. From 2007, she had an
acting role in several films & also starred in some tv-series. In 2013, she began starring as regular
on Oprah Winfrey Network sitcom, 'Love Thy Neighbor'. In 2017 she starred in an ep. of MacGyver

Paula Garces (born in Medellin , Colombia in 1974) is a famous Colombian film and television act-
ress. Her family emigrated to the US at her early age , and she grew up there. She studied acting &
got a role in the 1995 MichellePfeifer movie 'Dangerous Minds'. In the period 2002-2008 she acted
in many films among them 'Clockstoppers' (2002) and 'Man of the House' (2005). She also starred
in several tv-series episodes incl. 'CSI: Miami', 'Law and Order' , 'The Sopranos' and 'Warehouse 13'.

Opening Act

by world famous Colombian artist Shakira

Once again, welcome to this Spin-Off edition of the Forum Song Contest.

Let the Show begin!

tqcd9Op.png

THE-
yQwRxUC.gif
-SONGS

Closing Act

by world famous Colombian artist Juanes

Thank You - and Good Night - from Medellín, Colombia!

PnwwLdm.jpg

Voting deadline: 20th December, 23:59 CET

Votes are sent by PM to me, Malagant in trad. ESC/FSC-style: 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1p.
No votes for own entry. No late votes will be accepted, so make a note of the deadline.

Votes received: 19

:pl::no::de:
6gDv2fK.jpg
:az:
:ph::ba::uk::ua::au:
:il::us::tw::pt::ca:
:hr::it::nl::dk:

Enjoy - and good luck to all entries!

8mabVIs.jpg

JSSArcos

Re: FSC Spin-Off - December 2017: "Favourite Ballads" - The Show

Excelente show! xheatxcheer

Italy.gif

Artist- Laura Pausini
Song- La Solitudine

latest

A-lister

Veteran

Nice show!

I didn't hear many of these actually, so that's always something. Amongst the line-up there's one of my all time favs though ;)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

Thanks, guys - happy that you are enjoying this great ballads-edition and FSC Spin-Off Show from 'exotic' and beautiful Colombia! xhug

(and no, it's no coincidence that we are travelling to 'exotic' new places in the Spin-Offs.. I want to invite you to these new, unfamiliar places that it is unlikely we will go to in the main FSC-editions with the current juries, which adds extra interest and excitement for everyone ;))

:no: Norway (that is, yours truly) goes for Ask Embla again, another of their songs that I love: the magical "Einn" xlove I got to enter their other great song "Father's Eyes" in FSC #100 earlier this year, and now I get to include "Einn" also in the FSC Universe! xheya Hope you will all enjoy it!
tqcd9Op.png

A-lister

Veteran

:ua: Zlata Ognevich :ua:
Za lisamy, goramy

2nuhfls.jpg

So there are many great ballads out there to choose from which certainly doesn't make it an easy pick, however I settled for one of my favorite ones, the very beautiful and haunting ethno/folk-ballad; Za lisamy, goramy, performed by the beautiful and talented Zlata Ognevich.

31-year old Ukrainian singer Zlata Ognevich (born Inna Leonidivna Bordyuh to Ukrainian parents in the Russian city of Murmansk, later growing up in Crimea, Ukraine) is mostly known to Eurovision fans for ending third in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 with the entry Gravity. Zlata previously attempted to represent Ukraine in the contest twice; ending fifth in the national selection in 2010 with the English version of Ostrov ljubvi and second in 2011 with the catchy and original ethno-Pop song Kukushka. Since 2013, Zlata has become one of the most successful and beloved singers of her homeland of Ukraine, recently touring with the acclaimed and succesful Moya istoriya-show aswell as achieving her biggest hit to to date in her native Ukraine with the single Tantsyuvaty.

Eulaliya

:il: Ofra Haza | עפרה חזה :il:
"You"

HazaOfra01.JPG

Choosing a good ballad is not an easy one, but when I come across this stunning gem from the Israeli legend herself, I felt spellbound and thus, I decided to send it. Hope you like it! xup

From her 1997 self-titled album.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

Thanks for all the votes I've received , 5 votes
as of today (see a list of countries in the opening
post). Keep on sending in your votes, folks!
tqcd9Op.png

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

4 hours until the deadline

Thanks for all the votes I've received , 17 votes
as of now (see a list of countries in the opening
post). Please hurry with your votes, folks!
tqcd9Op.png

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

JSSArcos

:it: Votes were sent this afternoon ! xcheer

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

WgJF5vK.jpg

gM2bhmo.jpg

The voting deadline is passed.

All 19 countries have voted, thank you!
tqcd9Op.png

We have a winner!! xcheer Join us tomorrow:

Results Show

Thursday 21st December, 20:00 CET

gM2bhmo.jpg

WgJF5vK.jpg

JChan

The Canadian delegation and Celine are ready!!

6OtfK8j.jpg

Dark

So many songs from my childhood xheya

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member

I'll be celebrating Christmas tonight, but I'll try to watch parts of the result shows anyway ;) Don't know how much I'll be able to get away though :s

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

I'll be celebrating Christmas tonight, but I'll try to watch parts of the result shows anyway ;) Don't know how much I'll be able to get away though :s

Great if you are able to join us at least part of the Results Show, [MENTION=12092]Zorjan[/MENTION] - it is going to be very exciting resultwise! xcheer
Enjoy your Christmas celebration! xsanta

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: FSC Spin-Off - December 2017: "Favourite Ballads" - The Show | RESULTS SHOW TODAY 20:00 CET

It is soon time to begin to look at the voting-results for this FSC December Ballads Spin-Off.. xcheer

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

Is anyone here? :D

JSSArcos

Re: FSC Spin-Off - December 2017: "Favourite Ballads" - The Show | RESULTS SHOW TODAY 20:00 CET

:it: Here ! xcheer

Journalist

:au: here :)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

Okies, we'll get started and more members will join us a little later xup

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

3Gr0f9w.jpg

xcheer Thank you, all for coming! xcheer

I can promise a very exciting Results Show!

Top Bottom