Contact us

FSC #60 - February 2014: The Show - RESULTS (page 19)

busybee

Re: FSC #60 - February 2014: The Show (DDL: February 25th, 23:59 CET)

:gr: votes have been sent :mrgreen:

SRBIJA

Banned

Started listening to the songs today, this seems to be one of the strongest month in quite a while. :eek: Serbian jury will be trying out a new voting sytem this month :cool: And ofc congrats on amazing show, Mozz! :)

r3gg13

:us: votes have been sent to Kryptonite and posted on our private forum. March entry is also now available on our private forum

SRBIJA

Banned

:be: singer this month is only 13 years old. xbow She's got to be one of the youngest participants ever no? :mrgreen:

In other news, I have just sumbitted my votes for first round which consists of rating each song on a 1-5 scale. 4 songs got highest grade ( xlove ) And 6 songs received the lowest mark ( I think I could live without hearing these songs ever again. :3 ) :)

Good luck everyone. :D

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

:no: The Norwegian votes for FSC February have been sent + song for March selected and posted in the Norwegian Private Forum
thumb_smiley1.gif

Centrix

Ricky Martin for Spain?! I never though about that. Only because his grandmother. Almoust all Moldavians had grandparents with Romanian citizenship, but we couldn't send a Romanian artist with a colaboration with a Moldavian band. Btw, Carla's Dream has a new song with another Romanian superstar, Loredana. They seems to have many things to do with Romania.... aren't they!? Anyway, good luck Spain. And for the record, France can also send Ricky Martin seens his other grandparents are from Corsica.

Edward

And for the record, France can also send Ricky Martin seens his other grandparents are from Corsica.

Actually this leads me to a question. Can a country (for example, France) send an artist (Ricky Martin) that has already been used in a previous FSC edition by another country (in this case it would be Spain)?

eerik

Ricky Martin for Spain?! I never though about that. Only because his grandmother. Almoust all Moldavians had grandparents with Romanian citizenship, but we couldn't send a Romanian artist with a colaboration with a Moldavian band. Btw, Carla's Dream has a new song with another Romanian superstar, Loredana. They seems to have many things to do with Romania.... aren't they!? Anyway, good luck Spain. And for the record, France can also send Ricky Martin seens his other grandparents are from Corsica.
Ricky Martin actually has a Spanish citizenship himself.

Ricky Martin Granted Spanish Citizenship Amidst Reports He Plans To Marry Longterm Partner
Ricky Martin Gets Spanish Citizenship So He Can Marry His Baby Daddy / Queerty
Let me google that for you
etc.

Mozz

Actually this leads me to a question. Can a country (for example, France) send an artist (Ricky Martin) that has already been used in a previous FSC edition by another country (in this case it would be Spain)?

The example that you use is wrong (the content of it, because being maternally/grandmaternally linked etc. is not valid for us), but the answer is yes: it is possible for 2 countries to send the same artist (but of course not in the same edition).

A good example would be Loreen. She has both Swedish and Moroccan citizenship and can be sent by both countries in FSC.

Centrix

Pretty In Pink

Not taking your side in this problem , Romania did sent Fallulah , and the danish girl has not citizenship ,and barely knows a word in romanian

Centrix

Are you sure she don't know Romanian? Her Romanian father died when she was 9 y o, but she declared that he had the most big influence in her artistic career. Untul he died, they had Romanian dance shows in many corners of Eueope. He was a very good national dances coregraph and musician.

Pretty In Pink

Are you sure she don't know Romanian? Her Romanian father died when she was 9 y o, but she declared that he had the most big influence in her artistic career. Untul he died, they had Romanian dance shows in many corners of Eueope. He was a very good national dances coregraph and musician.

Maybe she knows but she' far away from owning a citizenship
i do think the election of Ricky Martin for Spain it's in a grey spot and we need a more strictly rule regarding artists' provenience

MrGerbear

The rules simply say:

a. Singers must have the citizenship, spent the majority of their life or made their career in the country they are representing.

Ricky Martin has Spanish citizenship, and is eligible, simple as that. There's no grey spot at all. Fallulah's case is entirely separate and should've gone through scrutiny during that FSC edition.

Edward

The example that you use is wrong (the content of it, because being maternally/grandmaternally linked etc. is not valid for us), but the answer is yes: it is possible for 2 countries to send the same artist (but of course not in the same edition).

A good example would be Loreen. She has both Swedish and Moroccan citizenship and can be sent by both countries in FSC.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know :) I think it's a fair and positive rule and am now looking even more forward to when it comes to my turn to submit an entry. This added wider choice variety is particularly helpful to countries such as mine that don't have the quality (and quantity) of a solid pop music scene as seen in other countries.

Mozz

Just a few keyboard strokes and 1-2 clicks away and there's the crystalclear answer of "why is Fallulah eligible for Romania in FSC" and why the FSC mods decided that Fallulah is not a "grey area" issue in FSC. There's no need to speculate wildly and say things like "I'm not sure if she speaks a word Romanian" etc. etc.

Romanian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (google: "Romanian citizenship")

"Current law's foundation:

Romanian nationality law is founded on the social policy of jus sanguinis ("right of blood") by which nationality or citizenship is not determined by place of birth, but by the citizenship of one’s ancestor."

"The law:

From Article #5; Law 21 – The children born from Romanian citizens on Romanian territory are Romanian citizens.[3] Furthermore, Romanian citizens are also those:

born on Romanian territory, even if only one of the parents is a Romanian citizen;
born abroad with at least one parent holding Romanian citizenship."

"Acquiring Romanian Citizenship

Citizenship in Romania can be acquired by four methods: birth, adoption, repatriation, and request.

1. Birth: All children born to Romanian citizens acquire citizenship at birth. The child may be born on Romanian territory or abroad and only one parent must be a Romanian citizen. Additionally, any child found on Romanian territory is granted citizenship if neither of the parents are known."

JamieBrown

These 17 countries were fighting for my Top 10 (Alphabetical order)

:at: :be: :cy: :cz: :ee: :fi: :mk: :gr: :hu:
:ie: :nl: :no: :za: :se: :ch: :tr: :uk:

ParadiseES

About the Ricky Martin issue. He has Spanish citizenship. It's not even that he got authomatic citizenship for some reason. He asked Spain the nationality and he was given. Spain gave him the citizenship because of his Spanish origin and he has a house in Madrid where he's been living some periods of his life. Then, Ricky got married here.
And it's not that Ricky has double nationality as every Latin American with Spanish origins can have. He rejected his US-Puerto Rican nationality and now he is legally 100% Spanish.

On the other hand, I don't usually like when foreign artists are representing another country for some reason. I decided to send Ricky for these reasons:

1- He was my idol when I was a little child. I wanted to be like him (now I want him :twisted:). I learnt all his coreographies, all his lyrics, everything. I'm not such a fan anymore, but still Ricky is so special for me and only for this the exception was worthy.

2- He is quite familiar for the Spanish public. Especially in his first years, he was quite often on Spanish TV shows, spent long time here and had the biggest tours here. He used to perform everywhere, even in little towns, as well as Spanish artists/bands and unlike all the foreigners, even the Latin American ones. Now he's an international artist, but before it he has most of his career here. So he's quite connected to us.

Top Bottom