Contact us

FSC 133: March 2020 [Odesa, Ukraine] THE SHOW! | RESULTS from page 3

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
P4RoTNO.png

We wish to welcome all contestants and guests to our wonderful host city of Odesa, Ukraine!

This is the 5th time we are in Ukraine, after the victory in the last edition by KAZKA with their spectacular entry "Pisnya Smilyvykh Divchat".

Our theme for this edition is "Gateway to the Oceans", as Odesa is the major port city of Ukraine, and provides maritime and transport links, through the Black Sea and the Mediterranean, to all the oceans and the rest of the world.

It is our wish that you will all have a wonderful time here in Odesa, and enjoy the hospitality the city has on offer.

a5i7GiG.jpg

Odesa is the third most populous city of Ukraine and a major tourism center, seaport and transport hub located on the northwestern shore of the Black Sea. It is also the administrative center of the Odesa Oblast and a multiethnic cultural center. Odesa is sometimes called the "pearl of the Black Sea", the "South Capital" (under the Russian Empire and Soviet Union), and "Southern Palmyra".

VlRSMkp.jpg

Before the Tsarist establishment of Odesa, an ancient Greek settlement existed at its location. A more recent Tatar settlement was also founded at the location by Hacı I Giray, the Khan of Crimea in 1440 that was named after him as "Hacıbey". After a period of Lithuanian Grand Duchy control, Hacibey and surroundings became part of the domain of the Ottomans in 1529 and remained there until the empire's defeat in the Russo-Turkish War of 1792.

zdA45E6.jpg

In 1794, the city of Odesa was founded by a decree of the Russian empress Catherine the Great. From 1819 to 1858, Odesa was a free port—a porto-franco. During the Soviet period, it was the most important port of trade in the Soviet Union and a Soviet naval base. On 1 January 2000, the Quarantine Pier at Odesa Commercial Sea Port was declared a free port and free economic zone for a period of 25 years.

lV8QTl5.jpg

During the 19th century, Odesa was the fourth largest city of Imperial Russia, after Moscow, Saint Petersburg and Warsaw. Its historical architecture has a style more Mediterranean than Russian, having been heavily influenced by French and Italian styles. Some buildings are built in a mixture of different styles, including Art Nouveau, Renaissance and Classicist.

KHksax5.jpg

In 1887 one of the city's most well known architectural monuments was completed – the theatre, which still hosts a range of performances to this day; it is widely regarded as one of the world's finest opera houses. The first opera house was opened in 1810 and destroyed by fire in 1873. The modern building was constructed by Fellner and Helmer in neo-baroque; its luxurious hall was built in the rococo style. It is said that thanks to its unique acoustics even a whisper from the stage can be heard in any part of the hall. The theatre was projected along the lines of Dresden's Semperoper built in 1878, with its nontraditional foyer following the curvatures of the auditorium; the building's most recent renovation was completed in 2007.

pFyBaNq.jpg

Deribasivska Street, an attractive pedestrian avenue named after José de Ribas, the Spanish-born founder of Odesa and decorated Russian Navy Admiral from the Russo-Turkish War, is famous by its unique character and architecture. During the summer it is common to find large crowds of people leisurely sitting and talking on the outdoor terraces of numerous cafés, bars and restaurants, or simply enjoying a walk along the cobblestone street, which is not open to vehicular traffic and is kept shaded by the linden trees which line its route. A similar streetscape can also be found in that of Primorsky Bulvar, a grand thoroughfare which runs along the edge of the plateau upon which the city is situated, and where many of the city's most imposing buildings are to be found.

WoOJReM.jpg

Odesa is a popular tourist destination, with many therapeutic resorts in and around the city. The city's Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases & Tissue Therapy is one of the world's leading ophthalmology clinics. To the west of the city are also beaches, popular with sunbathers and swimmers young and old. After sunset the seaboard becomes a popular nightlife destination.

QpDqSP2.jpg

Furthermore, there are many parks and gardens, statues, courtyards and restaurants catering for the interests of tourists, both local and foreign.

YXwU6ra.jpg

a5i7GiG.jpg

The Host Venue for this FSC-edition is the Chornomorets Stadium.

DPwtnxu.jpg

The Chornomorets Stadium is a football stadium built in 2011 in Odesa, Ukraine. The stadium has a capacity of 34,164 and is the home of FC Chornomorets Odesa. The inaugural match, between FC Chornomorets Odesa and FC Karpaty Lviv, was played on November 19, 2011, and ended with a 2–2 draw.

The stadium was constructed on the site of the old Soviet multi-use Central Stadium of the Black Sea Shipping Company (ChMP), which was demolished in 2009.

The venue was considered to be one of the stadiums of UEFA Euro 2012 but failed to be nominated as such.

3c0Baef.jpg

a5i7GiG.jpg

We have two super attractive male hosts to keep us informed and enticed tonight.
Please welcome the two elegant gentlemen, Bohdan Yusypchuk and Yegor Gordeev.

0W4UM4f.jpg

Bohdan Ysypchuk was born on 5 July 1988 in Kyiv, Ukraine to a family of artists. He is a well-known Ukrainian film actor and model. He graduated from the Kosiv College with a red diploma, he entered the Kyiv National University of Theater, Cinema and Television as a theater and cinema actor. Since 2007, he has been taking part in the movies on episodic roles, and in 2011 he has got his first big role – in the horror film “Synevir”. In 2014 he won the title of Mr. Ukraine and went on to represent Ukraine in the Mr World contest in 2014 in London, where he reached 10th place, and was also awarded with the Mr Congeniality title. In 2018 he also won the Mr Sea World title.

Yegor Gordeev was born on 27 February 1990 in Kyiv, Ukraine. He attended the Kyiv National Theatre University and is a well-known tv-presenter. He became a household name when he became the presenter of Snidanka s 1+1 in August 2017.

a5i7GiG.jpg

Last edited:

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
As an introduction to this month's entries, please enjoy our opening act, the group who has surprised everybody this year to become the hot favourite, here is The Roop feat. Migloko, performing "UFO":

a5i7GiG.jpg

And without any further ado, let's dive right into the first half of this month's entries:

a5i7GiG.jpg

We have already heard half of the entries, but now it is time to be entertained by our interval acts. We have two of Ukraine's most popular acts to keep us entertained.

First up we have The Doox with "Mak":

Our second performers are Oleg Skrypka and Khrystyna Soloviy and they are performing "Zyma":

a5i7GiG.jpg

And now it is time to continue with the second half of the entries for this month:

a5i7GiG.jpg

And so, we have reached the end of this enjoyable edition. But one last thing before we go, here is our closing act; all the way from Mongolia, it is my pleasure to introduce The Hu performing "Yuve Yuve Yu":

a5i7GiG.jpg

Good luck to all competitors, and enjoy FSC 133!

We will now observe the 7 day Evaluation Period. If you find any entries that may be in contravention of the FSC-rules, please report to a member of the Mod Team by PM.

After the Evaluation Period has passed, the Vote Collector and Voting Procedure will be announced.

a5i7GiG.jpg

Last edited:

hawadharma

1 of the songs above is such a hit everywhere in Europe - playing in Czech, Austria, French and Germany radios and tv..

A-lister

Veteran
Great job @aardvark xclap

Odesa, been there, done that... nice looking city, unfortunately the atmosphere is not the best... but I would still suggest people to go there if they have the opportunity :)

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Wonderful show ! :D

I went to Odesa last April and really enjoyed it; such a beautiful city...
Everyone says it's dreadful in Summer though :confused: Too many tourists

WhoKnows

Thank you @aardvark for the great show.

I followed the LL of this edition and it is a very strong month. I'm actually excited to listen to all the songs again.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:no: For March 2020 Norway goes for spiritual Old Norse-Folk! xup Performer of “Grá” ("Old Grey", an Ode to the wolf and nature of Old) is a New artist for Norway in FSC, the well-known Norwegian Old Norse-Folk band Wardruna. For more information and promotion of the entry (including lyrics in Nynorsk, New Norwegian and with a translation into English) please check out the FSC Norway-thread and/or the FSC Promotions-thread! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

Great Show, @aardvark - and Good luck to all entries this month!
tqcd9Op.gif

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
ZMSmlej.png

The Evaluation Period has now passed, and you may start sending your votes.

*Please post your votes in your Country Private Forums, or send them to me by PM.
*Members are reminded to keep their votes confidential until the official Results Show.

Please note the voting deadline:
Friday, 27 March 23:59 CET
No late votes will be accepted after the deadline.

Confirmed Votes:

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:no: The Norwegian votes for FSC #133 March have been sent
tqcd9Op.gif

Top Bottom