16 9.3%

54 31.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
France-scaled.jpg

Ezio

Veteran
at least you are very open and upfront about being a thirsty gay becausr that's the literal only reason to like tom leeb
Therefore, I am this year's mascot according to the slogan.

harey

Do you think that we really could have a rewamp or that folk version you were talking about? Or is it à lost cause?

I hope that France will do so bad this year so oui HoD would understand that thé feedbacks weren't just haters hating. It is really so sad hoping for your country to fail.

Mrm

Veteran
@harey

Believe me it won't do that bad.. ;)

No revamp!!!!

FRFanESC

Do you think that we really could have a rewamp or that folk version you were talking about? Or is it à lost cause?

I hope that France will do so bad this year so oui HoD would understand that thé feedbacks weren't just haters hating. It is really so sad hoping for your country to fail.
It seems like our HoD loves to taunt us, so probably not. They'll just release the amazing folk version that I heard on his instagram like "you hear how good it is, left-part board material hm ? Enjoy because it'll only be for the pre-partys, bye bitches" and that's all, rdv à Rotterdam for the flop.😂

ory26

Amazing folk version ? gosh...

Good reason for the HoDs to not listen the opinion of eurofans and their trashy tastes in music.

FRFanESC

Amazing folk version ? gosh...

Good reason for the HoDs to not listen the opinion of eurofans and their trashy tastes in music.
Have you listened to it ? It sounded really good (but that's just my opinion), way better than both the original and the acoustic version... It wouldn't be top 10 of course but it might be a solution to damage control.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Lol, enjoy bottom 3 then, cause the "trashy" eurofans will vote in May. Nobody likes your entry, I bet not even the juries will be wet over it.

John1

Lol, enjoy bottom 3 then, cause the "trashy" eurofans will vote in May. Nobody likes your entry, I bet not even the juries will be wet over it.

I agree with this. Nobody likes it in France and this is even shittier than Moustache.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

hijirio

Veteran
Lez be honest in the best case scenario it's finishing on top of the right side of the scoreboard. Yes, the acoustic version is better but still the song has nothing to make it stand out among 26 other entries. The best revamp would be another song cuz this composition is not going anywhere.

harey

To be honnest, French people ALWAYS hate our entry, and year after year I just hear/read people saying "it's such a bad song and we know that France don't want to win eurovision because it's expensive to host" (I'm talking about non-esc fans)

I don't like any version of the song but the folk one is closer to his style so I hope they will let him have this one.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
To be honnest, French people ALWAYS hate our entry, and year after year I just hear/read people saying "it's such a bad song and we know that France don't want to win eurovision because it's expensive to host" (I'm talking about non-esc fans)

I don't like any version of the song but the folk one is closer to his style so I hope they will let him have this one.
You forgot the whole speech about how ESC is just a joke anyway, we should withdraw, there is always bad music there blahblah
I can't remember a time people really liked our entry... they tolerated Alma and Amir I guess. Lisa Angell was too depressing, Mercy kinda started a polemic, we tried to erase Moustache from our memory and Bilal took so much shit to the face because of who he is.

FRFanESC

You forgot the whole speech about how ESC is just a joke anyway, we should withdraw, there is always bad music there blahblah
I can't remember a time people really liked our entry... they tolerated Alma and Amir I guess. Lisa Angell was too depressing, Mercy kinda started a polemic, we tried to erase Moustache from our memory and Bilal took so much shit to the face because of who he is.
You exagerate, Mercy was a hit in France for me. It was played on NRJ, on TV. It sold +30,000 copies.

LastDreamer

Banned
So much underserved hate for :fr: entry. :(
For me it's big step into a zone of good entries after mostly awful songs from the previous decade.

:5: : Amandine Bourgeois - L'enfer Et Moi (2013)
:4: : Madame Monsieur - Mercy (2018)
:4: : Amuary Vassili - Sognu (2011)
:3: : Amir - J’ai Cherche (2016)
:3: : Twin Twin - Moustache (2014)
:1: : Bilal Hassani - Roi (2019)
:1: : Lisa Angell - N'oubliez Pas (2015)
:0: : Alma - Requiem (2017)
:0: : Anggun - Echo (You And I) (2012)
:0: : Jessy Matador - Allez ! Olla ! Ole ! (2010)

43rd place from 46 countries.

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
You exagerate, Mercy was a hit in France for me. It was played on NRJ, on TV. It sold +30,000 copies.
I wasn't really talking about the success it got, but more about the many critics it received because of the topic it touched upon. Ofc many saluted it but some loud people didn't hesitate to destroy it because it was too "politically correct".
In the past decade it was definitely the most successfull with Amir (and Bilal I guess ?), but I don't know about you, once the final happened I didn't hear it again on the radio. Unlike Soldi this year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom