22 12.8%

16 9.3%

54 31.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
France-scaled.jpg

Nemo89

The reason why this song is definitely not competitive is the iteration of Eurovision events:

- Arcade winning last year. We won't see another solo male vocalist with an ode to love winning this year.
- John Lundvik's fingerprints. It is My Turn 2.0 and last year we had John in the flesh on stage already.

This is a nice song in the wrong year. Would have been more effective in 2018. So, yes France allowed themselves to be sabotaged by Swedes who happen to run most of Eurovision.

I worry that Tom Leeb is discrediting himself with this song and ruining his career. Still, guilty pleasure of mine.
Reading these theories one can think that these are strong but in reality they have no solid basis. It is not written anywhere that if one year he wins a romantic song with a solo singer the following year he must win another kind of song. The song that has the power to excite the audience wins. Following your reasoning, this should be the year of the trash. Why then have some countries not thought about this? Next year, propose the slogan "Lundvik and Gson? Ezio is better! Sale 50%! ”. For the rest, I am the first to say that the Nordic countries have this show very much at heart, that the ESC votes are often the result of tested alliances, that Baltic and the Nordic countries often focus on the strength of the exhibition rather than in the text and music, however, to say that Sweden has sabotaged France ... God! You are the new Dan Brown! Only the encrypted code is missing! Nordic artists, especially the Swedes, have managed to create an excellent "winning method" and it is normal that France (which has been lost to ESC in recent years) wanted to focus on first-class experts. On the other hand, I think that with the right changes, France can enter the top ten and that is their goal.

Iker

Veteran
I really do think you can probably all go whistle if you think a change is coming. Id be VERY surprised if so. Especially when they've gone to trouble of hiring songwriters to write this song, with probably specific instructions in mind as to the type of song. I doubt they went with a ballad like this on a whim.

But it is quite possible that this song is some old Melo-reject actually, or either way something old.

FRFanESC

It doesnt take 3 weeks to change a melody. In one week only you can change the arrangment. But appart from that, i am not even sure they are open to a change
Of course but I still think that they won't make it. In the best world, we would get the folk version from his instagram stories (which sounds really good for me).

Ezio

Veteran
Reading these theories one can think that these are strong but in reality they have no solid basis. It is not written anywhere that if one year he wins a romantic song with a solo singer the following year he must win another kind of song. The song that has the power to excite the audience wins. Following your reasoning, this should be the year of the trash. Why then have some countries not thought about this? Next year, propose the slogan "Lundvik and Gson? Ezio is better! Sale 50%! ”. For the rest, I am the first to say that the Nordic countries have this show very much at heart, that the ESC votes are often the result of tested alliances, that Baltic and the Nordic countries often focus on the strength of the exhibition rather than in the text and music, however, to say that Sweden has sabotaged France ... God! You are the new Dan Brown! Only the encrypted code is missing! Nordic artists, especially the Swedes, have managed to create an excellent "winning method" and it is normal that France (which has been lost to ESC in recent years) wanted to focus on first-class experts. On the other hand, I think that with the right changes, France can enter the top ten and that is their goal.

tumblr_p54y97kgdE1vmg0g4o1_540.gif

Ezio

Veteran

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Cackling so hard that his surname is Leeb. "Tom Sterb" would be so much more appropriate...x

Uto

Veteran
Cackling so hard that his surname is Leeb. "Tom Sterb" would be so much more appropriate...x
If we're going that route please also change his first name to Stumm instead of Tom.

Mainshow

Veteran
Iconic! We've told you, guys, this piece of utterly horrendously dated cheesefest is freaking offensive. It did break my ears as well.

Nemo89

Iconic! We've told you, guys, this piece of utterly horrendously dated cheesefest is freaking offensive. It did break my ears as well.
Extraordinary edition! Lundvik, G:son and Leeb are wanted by the police! xbikexhunterxpolice The victim Mainshow speaks "They broke my ears!" xgaahxcry. All of Europe is in revolt!xangry

Last edited:

Franzilein

I like his voice. Sounds a bit like as if Bryan Adams and one of the Backstreet Boys had a love child.

I... think I also like the strophes of the song. But when the chorus starts I'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than this xscared

Iker

Veteran

Which one is more cheesy The Best in Me or That Sounds Good to Me (UK 2010)? :unsure::D

Mrm

Veteran
Finally someone who shares this feeling. xheart
I still have my British flag I held in Tel Aviv expo last year, also small Russian one and big Serbian.. :lol:

Top Bottom