7 2.6%

7 2.6%

4 1.5%

4 1.5%

0 0.0%

7 2.6%

• Total voters

Nikkita

Not satisfied with her epic fail, she succeeded in embarrassing us with her all-over-the-place speech xfacepalm Somehow when her name was announced, I knew a mess was coming :lol:
She become a wonderful meme though :lol:

musicfan

Did anyone else think of the comparison with the Swedish You song (easily the best Swedish song in recent years I think, not overrated like the others). The hook is basically extending the word 'you', but it's so much inferior as a song compared to that earlier song.

popavapeur

Our commentators just laughed their asses off when our spokesperson completely failed at singing the melody :lol: What was she thinking?
Not satisfied with her epic fail, she succeeded in embarrassing us with her all-over-the-place speech xfacepalm Somehow when her name was announced, I knew a mess was coming :lol:

Come on ! that was so funny ! it was the highlight of the voting ! And she can laugh at herself btw (that's quite rare for french people lmao) i want her impersonating a song next year as well.

esc87fan

Amir tackled Fort Boyard today as part of the series' 2016 season! It should air on France 2 later this summer

tumblr_o83kjgAROd1vvyxzeo1_500.jpg

tuorem

Oh my :lol: I've just realized that with all the hype our entry had this year, Amir didn't even beat our best result in televoting in recent years :eek:

Jessy Matador remains the king for now :lol: (8th place)

esc87fan

Here's some more big news: a few hours ago Muzicast confirmed "J'ai cherché" as its new #1 in radio airplay in France!

An infogram featuring some of Amir's successes so far:

Ck_CXfwn_Ws_AAbond.jpg

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Delighted to hear he's enjoying more than solid success! He deserves it! I hope we get to see even bigger stars singing for France in future. I can briefly name dozen.

esc87fan

Amir with David Guetta before the concert

13346603_1185466308152658_7331802035611038884_n.jpg

He performed "J'ai cherché" to over 80,000 fans on the Champ de Mars and was amazing! It was also revealed that his album has gone gold in France!

Edward

Wasn't he due to perform on yesterday's Euro 2016 opening ceremony? Or have I misread eurovision.tv news?

CPV4931

Wasn't he due to perform on yesterday's Euro 2016 opening ceremony? Or have I misread eurovision.tv news?

I think they meant the opening concert which took place on Thursday.

Edward

Having a 2nd read at the news article I suppose I have misread it. But their wording choice is to blame for that. They name the concert as a "ceremony" but the actual ceremony were simply those 15 mins previous to the first match. I did think the level of exposure was too grand for him if he was to perform yesterday as well, should have kept that in mind. Too big of an audience for an Eurovision performer.

esc87fan

Today he's a guest on France 2's "N'oubliez pas les paroles", and I hear tell he's being scouted for the French version of "Dancing With the Stars"

DanielLuis

Having a 2nd read at the news article I suppose I have misread it. But their wording choice is to blame for that. They name the concert as a "ceremony" but the actual ceremony were simply those 15 mins previous to the first match. I did think the level of exposure was too grand for him if he was to perform yesterday as well, should have kept that in mind. Too big of an audience for an Eurovision performer.

Actually that concert was very much the opening ceremony of the euro

Quent91

I think they meant the opening concert which took place on Thursday.

Indeed, he sang only on Thursday night for the "Grand show d'ouverture" (the great opening show), broadcast of TF1, live from under the Tour Eiffel.

esc87fan

Here's his performance in case you missed it:

The backing track is the Eurovision edit, but he sings the final chorus from the original extended version

Edward

Actually that concert was very much the opening ceremony of the euro

I guess that's right but I meant more like nobody abroad watched that casually unless they knew about it beforehand. The short ceremony on the stadium was more like the official thing since it was not only a TF1 exclusive and I guess whether one likes him or not, more people throughout the world have set eyes on that little Guetta's set than the Eiffel tower concert. That for sure would have been massive exposure for Amir and this is what confused me originally when I read the news on ESC's official website since I thought to myself "wow, too big. Can't really be?" :)

esc87fan

13321762_1078265585601285_57368886784752333_n.jpg

Saturday's episode of N'oubliez pas les paroles was an absolute delight, and all the celebrities were really good sports! Amir did really great, he breezed through his first-round duel against journalist Michel Cymes nailing "Andalouse" by Kendji Girac and "Au café des délices" by Patrick Bruel, also dominating in the Same Song category on "Aux Champs-Elysées". He fared okay in the second round against comedian Michaël Gregorio, still earning enough points to advance to the final round.

In the final round, he and sports journalist Gérard Holtz had to work together to remember the missing lyrics to "Papaoutai" in order to win up to 150,000 Euros that would be evenly split between four charities. Gérard had tons of confidence in Amir, and he came through big time getting the lyrics right on levels 1, 2 and 4 (Gérard got it right on level 3). They stopped on level 4 and won the charities a total of 90,000 Euros (22,500 for each organization)

The picture is Amir with Nagui, the show's host

esc87fan

ob_0079a2_image.jpg

The 27th season premiere of Fort Boyard will feature Amir and his teammates Valérie Damidot, Flora Coquerel, Pascal Soetens, Jean-Luc Lemoine and Phil Auriel (shown in the photo with host Olivier Minne and Anthony Laborde, aka Passe-Muraille). It will air Saturday, July 2 at 20:55 CET on France 2 (live stream link)

Top Bottom