0 0.0%

7 2.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
FRANCE.png

amir_lead.jpg

:fr: Amir - J'ai cherché :fr:

Amir Haddad (Hebrew: עמיר חדד‎), or simply Amir, (born Laurent Amir Khlifa Khedider Haddad in 1984 in 12th arrondissement of Paris and grew up in Sarcelles (Val-d'Oise), France) is an Israeli-French singer and songwriter of Tunisian and Moroccan-Spanish Jewish parents. He took part in 2006 in the Israeli music competition Kokhav Nolad, released his album Vayehi in 2011 and was a finalist in French competition The Voice: la plus belle voix as part of Team Jenifer finishing third in the competition. He will represent France in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the song "J'ai cherché".

In 2016 he was selected by French public broadcaster France 2 to represent France in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 in Stockholm, Sweden. Amir's song was chosen internally by France 2 by a committee headed by France 2 entertainment director Nathalie André and the newly appointed French Head of Delegation for the Eurovision Song Contest Edoardo Grassi after having received 280 submissions.

The song titled "J'ai cherché" is co-written by Amir himself, Nazim Khaled and Johan Errami and contains lyrics in a bilingual mix of French and English. France 2 had originally planned to reveal the entry on 12 March 2016, however, information that Amir would represent France at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 was leaked on 25 February 2016 during the D8TV talk show programme Touche pas à mon poste!, hosted by Cyril Hanouna. "J'ai cherché" was edited and remixed by Skydancers and Nazim Khaled at the request of the French broadcaster since the song exceeded three minutes in its original version, which had already been released as the first single from Amir's forthcoming album. The entry was formally presented to the public on 12 March 2016 during the France 2 programme The DiCaire Show, hosted by Véronic DiCaire.

Source: Wikipedia

toinou03

Re: FRANCE 2016

Let's begin by posting the French tunes at the moment... :p

This is on repat on the radio ! :lol:

Krishoes

OH MON DIEU!!! Only now I discovered that Louane is Paula Bélier!!! :eek:

I loved that movie! xlove

GRE

Ok every year i propose the same thing :D
Let's go once again :lol:

JackBauer

France won't be there. I bet you one carambar.

ory26

Intersting interview of Nathalie André, Head of France 2 Entertainment unit inteview, for 2016. (in French)

Nathalie André, Head of France 2 Entertainment unit

Thanks again toinou03.

Megalol ! This is what everyone said when the song was chosen !

So Nathalie André says

-It's a slap in the face. It's too unfair, Lisa did really well on a vocal plan. I"m not stupid, I never believed any second we would win ( xfacepalm why do you take part then...) but I believed we'd be among the top 10 thanks of the voice of Lisa.

-I realise that in fact Eurovision is young, fresh and new xrofl3 xrofl3 xrofl3 xrofl3 xrofl3 I discovered it has changed. (Of course, people believe that it hasn't change since 1977, and that we have to send Maries Myriams to win again xfacepalm

-Mans Zelmerlöw deserved to win, he's hot, he sings well and has got a real tune (in the French sentence, could mean he's got a big d**k but well... :lol: )

-We'll do better next year. But we can't make a French Melodifestivalen because it's impossible to block so many Saturday evenings (quite true)

Finally, the press article reminds that the president of France Télévisions has just changed, which could lead to a new management for Eurovision next year, if it's the choice of the new Mrs president, Delphine Ernotte-Cunci...

Tinchey

I really hope France will stay. I can't imagine Eurovision without an obligatory song in French. xcry

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Intersting interview of Nathalie André, Head of France 2 Entertainment unit inteview, for 2016. (in French)

Nathalie André, Head of France 2 Entertainment unit

Thanks again toinou03.

Megalol ! This is what everyone said when the song was chosen !

So Nathalie André says :

-It's a slap in the face. It's too unfair, Lisa did really well on a vocal plan. I"m not stupid, I never believed any second we would win ( xfacepalm why do you take part then...) but I believed we'd be among the top 10 thanks of the voice of Lisa.

-I realise that in fact Eurovision is young, fresh and new xrofl3 xrofl3 xrofl3 xrofl3 xrofl3 I discovered it has changed. (Of course, people believe that it hasn't change since 1977, and that we have to send Maries Myriams to win again xfacepalm

-Mans Zelmerlöw deserved to win, he's hot, he sings well and has got a real tune (in the French sentence, could mean he's got a big d**k but well... :lol: )

-We'll do better next year. But we can't make a French Melodifestivalen because it's impossible to block so many Saturday evenings (quite true)

Finally, the press article reminds that the president of France Télévisions has just changed, which could lead to a new management for Eurovision next year, if it's the choice of the new Mrs president, Delphine Ernotte-Cunci...

They seriously thought they would get top 10? Yeah the song was well and truly screwed over and deserved A LOT better, but top 10 was a completely unrealistic aim...

I am interested as to what they will do next year though.

"We'll do better next year. But we can't make a French Melodifestivalen because it's impossible to block so many Saturday evenings"

Maybe they will return to a national selection?

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member

My dream is Margaux Avril, my favourite French singer :D

Mii11

I really hope Indila will get convinced to Eurovision. She would have victory in her pocket if she sends something similar to Derniere Danse :D

Mii11

Well I cannot say I do not understand them. This year result was a joke - on the positive side it exposed the fact that current voting system is not good. I hope that EBU will make some changes so that hopefully France will decide to stay.

toinou03

It smells very bad for France, next year...

http://tvmag.lefigaro.fr/le-scan-te...sion-201-5-france-2-denonce-une-mascarade.php

France 2 denounces a "masquerade".

They are openly wondering if it's really necessary for France to participate again in the contest next year when "you know that everything is done before the voting".

Oh they do that every year... It's because when you're French and angry, you've got to express you anger to the whole world (me as well). But Eurovision came first in the ratings (with an act no one cares), so they'll keep it on France 2.

lowyby

Oh they do that every year... It's because when you're French and angry, you've got to express you anger to the whole world (me as well). But Eurovision came first in the ratings (with an act no one cares), so they'll keep it on France 2.

Is France 2 the most popular broadcaster in France, or is that France 1?

toinou03

Is France 2 the most popular broadcaster in France, or is that France 1?

Yes, it's TF1 and yes TF1 is the most popular. Apparently, TF1 is the richest and the most important private TV group in Europe. On the 100 biggest ratings of the year, you'll have around 95-98 programs on TF1.

Top Bottom