• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Put your middle fingers up
Take a shot, throw it up and don't stop
I'm, I'm, I'm living that life on the dark side

Every psycho in the scene
Hands up and follow me saying (hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo)
Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me

Just another night in my pitch black paradise
Don't wanna cry, so I gotta get paralyzed
My body is my weapon, so I keep it loaded
'Til I'm all over the place like my head exploded
Don't waste your prayers, they can't save us
Lifestyles of the sick and dangerous

Likе the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
I'm, I'm, I'm living that lifе on the dark side
Life on the dark side

Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me

I'm in a cave of man-made misery
Digging a grave for myself and my enemies
Of all the dark things that keep me wasted
You're the sweetest I've ever tasted

Like the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
Life on the dark side

Just another night in my pitch black paradise
Don't wanna cry so I gotta get paralyzed
Don't waste your prayers, they can't save us
Lifestyles of the sick and dangerous

Like the 27 Club, headshot
We don't wanna grow up
Life on the dark side

Empire of the freaks, all drinks on me​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
hey finland! linkin park called, wondering why you dident send this 15 years ago ?
Heja Sverige,

David Guetta called,
Kate Bush called,
Celine Dion called,
Matt Simons called,
Polina Gagarina and the Weeknd called,
Justin Timberlake called, and
even Vincent Bueno and Zoe called.

Will someone ever pick up?

heke1988

Heja Sverige,

David Guetta called,
Kate Bush called,
Celine Dion called,
Matt Simons called,
Polina Gagarina and the Weeknd called,
Justin Timberlake called, and
even Vincent Bueno and Zoe called.

Will someone ever pick up?

Also Dressman called to Sweden's asking about their live-show act in 2017.

Ezio

Veteran
Also Dressman called to Sweden's asking about their live-show act in 2017.
That's the same act for which Zoe called for her treadmills and Vincent Bueno for his backstage entry and hoverboard.

But Dressman is bankrupt now, so, their calls are in vain now.

Last edited:

heke1988

If Sweden sends Sabaton, we will raise with Beast in Black😉.

heke1988

Let's wait for Dark Side's televote result and see for ourselves, shall we? :)

I am more interesting to see Tusse's televote result and his face after that than Dark Side's televote result.

mauve

Veteran
Now after one of my favorite youtuber covered Jendrik's song, he now covered "Dark side" (the song is - if I remember correctly - on his 3rd place from ESC 2021):

The video is hilarious. :ROFLMAO:

This was Lundvik's face after discovering he finished fifth with only 93 points from televoting xrofl (and 241 from juries ... strange, right?xshrug). He already felt like the winner. In the interview he was also "the splendid" xcookie And I tell you, I was sorry too. "Too Late For Love" deserved more votes from the public even if ... the ranking is right. Switzerland, Russia, Italy and the Netherlands had stronger songsxleft

Tusse has to thank for being the representative of Sweden. If "Voices" had brought it another nation would not have even qualified for the final. You have to be objective.

Finland for me will easily enter the "Top 10". They did a good job xyes

mauve

Veteran
This was Lundvik's face after discovering he finished fifth with only 93 points from televoting xrofl (and 241 from juries ... strange, right?xshrug). He already felt like the winner. In the interview he was also "the splendid" xcookie And I tell you, I was sorry too. "Too Late For Love" deserved more votes from the public even if ... the ranking is right. Switzerland, Russia, Italy and the Netherlands had stronger songsxleft

Tusse has to thank for being the representative of Sweden. If "Voices" had brought it another nation would not have even qualified for the final. You have to be objective.

Finland for me will easily enter the "Top 10". They did a good job xyes
Even when I wasn't a Lundvik-Fan, his song was still better than Tusse's. "Voices" in my eyes is the weakest song in this decade that Sweden is sending. Not that I like any song of the past years .... I think Finland will do well with televotes. Let's see how the Juries will rate "Dark Side", but I hope they will get some points! :love:

I silently count on winning the televote, at least in the semi :cool:
I cheer for Finland xcheers I hope you win the televoting but there is tough competition from Switzerland. I say it with all due respect... I still don't understand what is special about the Swiss song... ok, it's a good song but, in my opinion, in the past years such a song would not even have entered the "Top 10" ...xthink

Even when I wasn't a Lundvik-Fan, his song was still better than Tusse's. "Voices" in my eyes is the weakest song in this decade that Sweden is sending. Not that I like any song of the past years .... I think Finland will do well with televotes. Let's see how the Juries will rate "Dark Side", but I hope they will get some points! :love:
I loved "Too Late For Love". I am sincere. Several times I went to listen to this song on YT. Tusse instead ... it was the wrong choice. As much as I appreciate Sweden's logic and courage to send black voices in the last few (which I usually appreciate). In my opinion, Tusse doesn't deserve the final. She would take a place away from a song that deserves more than hers. However, barring surprises, she will advance to the final. If a strange coincidence sees Sweden eliminated, Denmark and Sweden could guarantee much more support for Finland and Norway.

burrito

I cheer for Finland xcheers I hope you win the televoting but there is tough competition from Switzerland. I say it with all due respect... I still don't understand what is special about the Swiss song... ok, it's a good song but, in my opinion, in the past years such a song would not even have entered the "Top 10" ...xthink

It manages to convey the whole lot of emotions even if you don't understand a single word from French, and his voice is rather unique if you ask me. But I've seen his live performance and I was underwhelmed. Studio version carries a whole lot more... feelings, I guess? So I think that Gjon will get a lot of votes, but probably not as much as we would think. I'd rather look at San Marino, because even if you're not a fan of this particular song (which is worth the hype imo), well, Flo Rida makes everything better, televote score included.

mauve

Veteran
It manages to convey the whole lot of emotions even if you don't understand a single word from French, and his voice is rather unique if you ask me. But I've seen his live performance and I was underwhelmed. Studio version carries a whole lot more... feelings, I guess? So I think that Gjon will get a lot of votes, but probably not as much as we would think. I'd rather look at San Marino, because even if you're not a fan of this particular song (which is worth the hype imo), well, Flo Rida makes everything better, televote score included.
I believe that Switzerland will probably get the Juries votes, but I am not so certain about the televotes. The televotes could go to San Marino as you said. But I also think that Finland will do very well here. But as long as Finland will go thru the semi (and they will), everything's fine. xcheers

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

To many around 30yo, this one brings nostalgia with the early 00's rock sound with Linkin Park being an obvious influence. I am personally not so much into rock, but this is pretty catchy and is one of the more instant entries of the year so I think it'll do good in the contest. However the replay value isn't too good, it gets a bit repetitive when you hear the song more and it is a bit juvenile, but I think none of these factors will matter much for most casual viewers since again the first impression is pretty instant and good. To me this is a top. 15, depending a bit what the juries will do (they tend to not like rock much), but I can see Finland managing a top. 10 this year with this. To me it's probably the best Finnish entry since 2012.

Biscuit02

My winner this year, everytime I listen to the song I feel as though I am charged with huge energy, everything is so good here, it's catchy, fun, and energetic, with crazy staging(I hope they bring something similar to the ESC stage) anyways definitely will be voting and rooting for this to win.

Eesy :12: Points

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • I love this song's overall sound.
  • This song has just the right amount of unclean vocals.
  • It's memorable mainly for its very good blending of two genres
THE BAD:
  • Choosing a rock song is always going to be a gamble.
  • It's slightly repetitive.
THE VERDICT:

If you wanted a microcosm of early-aughts rock, this song is it. It has the rap-metal of Limp Bizkit along with the post-hardcore sound of Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, to name some examples. This is a great way of combining two genres in one song, I feel. As mentioned, choosing rock is always a gamble in Eurovision, but if anyone can do it, it's Finland. I mean, they've won with it before. It's not a trendy sound, but neither was "Hard Rock Halleujah", and its execution makes up for that. 10 points

Top Bottom