• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Finland-scaled.jpg

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Sammy

Veteran
I can not remember ANY song that had so many reaction videos on YT before the NF in question had even took place. Erika sets new standards!

heke1988

Here is my few points, which may ruin Erika's victory:

1) Everything can happen at live show: Erika's stage or her live singing will fail. Also someone other competisor's live and stage is better than Erika's. Just to mention, YLE's sound system has been very bad previous UMK shows. Hopefully they are going to fix that.
2) Many Finns will not vote for it, because Erika is sinning song in Finnish: Many of Finns are thinking, we don't success singing in Finnish at ESC.
3) This one is my biggest fear: Erika might end up to be at bottom of international jury votes.

Uto

Veteran
Oi Suomi katso please pick Cicciolina. Or else I will karkotetto on your pois!

LastDreamer

Banned
My prediction :
1. Catharina
2. Erika
3. Axel
4. Tika
5. Sansa
6. F3M

heke1988

The international jury for UMK

Sweden
Estonia
Bulgaria
Russia
Spain
United Kingdom
Germany
The Netherlands

I would have liked more international jury members of those countries, which are voting same semi-final as Finland.

Mrm

Veteran
@RainyWoods

UK is in jury too... Well.... My eggs and tomatoes are ready if necessery... IOTAP

Morpheus

The international jury for UMK

Sweden
Estonia
Bulgaria
Russia
Spain
United Kingdom
Germany
The Netherlands

I find it shocking that Bulgaria and Russia are represented. It's almost as if YLE had pulled their heads out of their arses and thought about it a little. They could do a lot better, but it's a start.
The rest of the jury is standard issue, especially the inclusion of host-country, which happens every effing year for some reason. I guess the Powers That Be are hoping that winning magic might be contagious?

Btw, if the UK rep isn't Sir Willy of Wiwibloggs, I'm the Bolivian Navy on manoeuvres in the South Pacific.

Because I have no life, here's the list of jury countries starting from the first year of International Jury in UMK:

(Repeating countries are bolded
Host country is underlined)

2017:
Spain
Iceland
UK
Israel

Latvia
Norway
France
Sweden

Ukraine
Estonia

2018:
Portugal
Iceland
UK

Italy
Switzerland
Norway
France
Estonia

2019:
Spain
Ireland
UK
Israel
Norway
Sweden

Denmark
Czechia

2020:
Sweden
Estonia

Bulgaria
Russia
Spain
UK

Germany
The Netherlands

(Source: UMK's pages on Wikipedia)

They have their "stock" countries that they favour + previous winner + two or three "wild-cards".
So boring. I really wish they would change it up for next year.

• Like It
Reactions: Uto

Uto

Veteran
I kinda find it hilarious that some people complain "why are there some American music professors on the Eesti Laul jury" when so many other NFs have the guys from Wiwibloggs.
That is indeed ridiculous, but to be fair the Wiwibloggs guys should have a pretty decent understanding of what works and what doesn't. Obviously the best experts are people like us, understanding Eurovision for what it is and enjoying everything with a decent amount of separation that allows us to remain neutral.

heke1988

That is indeed ridiculous, but to be fair the Wiwibloggs guys should have a pretty decent understanding of what works and what doesn't. Obviously the best experts are people like us, understanding Eurovision for what it is and enjoying everything with a decent amount of separation that allows us to remain neutral.

To be fair, there is a lot of people, who just watch Eurovision show and listen participation songs, while ESC is on.

wtf

Cicciolina must win UMK and close semi 2. I'm afraid it would do like Verona but can totally do Serhat 2019 too. Fingers crossed.

A-lister

Veteran
If William is once again included on the UK jury, watch him downgrade Erika xshrug , the man acts all drama and flamobyant, but when he actually votes he is gray as f*ck ...

Still don't like the IJ system, Finland should use the Serbian juries instead and Erika will have a chance, now I'm afraid they will purposely put her low xshrug

I'm also curious, to you Finns out there, will the public get behind her or do the fact of the local language have a negative impact here? For non-Finnish speakers it's an exotic and fun sounding language and it should definitely be kepts for ESC, if she wins, but as natives people tend to vote not with ESC and Europe's perceptions in mind rather with local perception which we see many time leads to wrong winners.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
William didn't react to the UMK songs, so I have a feeling he's in the jury. Deban, or what's his name? reacted alone.

But his reaction to Cicciolina was really great, he loves it :love:

A-lister

Veteran
William didn't react to the UMK songs, so I have a feeling he's in the jury. Deban, or what's his name? reacted alone.

But his reaction to Cicciolina was really great, he loves it :love:

That's the problem with him, he's partly an act, he reacts in videos in a certain way, and when he judges he is like an old grandpa at times xshrug

Top Bottom