Contact us

Fave TV Series and shows

imno12u

94ayd said:
I started watching Project Runway from time to time because of my mother who watches it at 2-3-4 in the night. :lol: I think it's not broadcasted at the moment. It's sorta fun, though not my fave, by any means. Have I mentioned watching some detective dramas (most of them based on novels or something...) like Midsomer Murders and some about Hercule Poirot (Agatha Christie's novels as a whole are very spell-binding) as well as Miss Marple. :D

I must have similar tastes in TV to you, 94ayd. I am a big fan of Doctor Who and Midsommer Murders. I also watch the Agatha Christie series (Poirot, Marple etc.) from time-to-time

apocalexxnow

Speaking of criminal shows - there is one exception from my hatred towards that kinda shows - I do like Dexter and 24 :) I also used to like Prison Break (although it's not a clean criminal show, its 4th season may qualify as sci-fi - so many impossible things happened), but they really spoiled it in the last year. And if I remember correctly Midsomer Murders were 1.30 hour long episodes with two men, right? I liked that one as well, it was again investigating, but there was some thrill and wit in them, unlike the newer criminal shows. Shows like CSI I can't stand.

imno12u

apocalexxnow said:
Speaking of criminal shows - there is one exception from my hatred towards that kinda shows - I do like Dexter and 24 :) I also used to like Prison Break (although it's not a clean criminal show, its 4th season may qualify as sci-fi - so many impossible things happened), but they really spoiled it in the last year. And if I remember correctly Midsomer Murders were 1.30 hour long episodes with two men, right? I liked that one as well, it was again investigating, but there was some thrill and wit in them, unlike the newer criminal shows. Shows like CSI I can't stand.

Midsomer Murders runs for 2 hour episodes in Britain. Maybe Bulgarian TV cuts certain scenes?

Keko

Yaaaay more Doctor Who fans! I love Doctor Who. I'm just sad that David will no longer be portraying The Doctor. :( Martha as by far my favorite companion. I just couldn't find anything wrong with her and not to mention that I got swiped away by her sizzling good looks. xheart I'm also kinda disappointed that Russell T Davies will no longer write episode, his episodes are my favorite ones.

My other favorite shows are Stargate SG1, which is actually my all time favorite show, followed by Sanctuary, How I Met your Mother and Pokemon; hahaha yes I might be a bit too old for it as some would say, but I really like that show, it just kinda makes me happy. :D

aletem

Any NCIS fans here!!??? :mrgreen: :cool:

apocalexxnow

NCIS is another criminal show I dislike :)

I liked Martha, but they totally ruined my great impression of the character by making her fall in love with the Doctor. And then, when she was engaged with that nice guy from 3.13, in the last ep they show her married to Mickey!!!!! That was a sick perversion just for them to save time and show 2 old characters in one scene.

Oh, and maybe Midsomer Murders was 2 hour shows, I remember they were as long as a movie. Maybe I remember it as 1.30 because it was on some forgotten cable tv and they showed it without commercials :)

94ayd

imno12u said:
apocalexxnow said:

Midsomer Murders runs for 2 hour episodes in Britain. Maybe Bulgarian TV cuts certain scenes?

If you include commercials, yes. But I love it when they don't stop it for ads. :D I probablyonly kind of like Dexter, though it's sorta weird but the other two, especially the last, are soo boring.

Keko

apocalexxnow said:
I liked Martha, but they totally ruined my great impression of the character by making her fall in love with the Doctor. And then, when she was engaged with that nice guy from 3.13, in the last ep they show her married to Mickey!!!!! That was a sick perversion just for them to save time and show 2 old characters in one scene.

Well yeah, the scene in ''The End of Time (Part 2)'' where he says goodbye to her is pretty bad and I actually couldn't believe she was married with Mickey. But still she was great during her time with The Doctor.
About her falling in love with The Doctor: It didn't really bother me much. Perhaps because Rose's relationship with Doctor was even more tense. I mean Rose almost stole the show. At one point she becomes so important and Mary-Sue-ish that it feels like show should be called ''Rose Who''.
I also liked Donna, though you could see that Catherine Tate is just playing another character written for her. It just didn't feel right.

Honestly none of new companions, even Martha, can't be compared to old companions like Sarah Jane (It was so epic that she was in new series as well) and Barbara Wright. I loved Barbara the most, because she way typical human and she didn't scream for The Doctor or fell in love with him. She had Ian who was also human from her own time and whom she actually knew pretty well previous to falling in love with him.

As for our brand new eleventh Doctor; What I read about Amy Pond seems pretty good thus far. She has potential and I hope they don't ruin her like Rose. I'm also looking forward to episodes revolving around River Song from ''Silence In the Library'' and ''Forest of Dead''. She was pretty awesome and I'm interested in her relationship with The Doctor.
I would also like to see Lady Christina again from ''Planet of Dead''. Even though she was total rip-off of Lara Croft from ''Tomb Raider'' series, she was great and I loved her character.

apocalexxnow

I think Amy and the Doctor will be romantically involved too (blah!). Maybe they'll make a love triangle between her and River (blah times 2).

Keko

apocalexxnow said:
I think Amy and the Doctor will be romantically involved too (blah!). Maybe they'll make a love triangle between her and River (blah times 2).

Dear God I hope not. :eek: But I don't think they will since many fans dislike this Doctor and companion relationships. And it would turn the whole show in soap-opera.

DoctorX said:
What about 'the daughter' of the Doctor? As i remember she wasn't dead actually.

Well I read that they have no plans for Jenny and eleventh Doctor, but apparently she might get her own series, hence her revival on the end of episode.
I'd really like to see more of her, mainly because I liked her as a character and it would be kinda stupid if they just left her story unfinished. I mean, she is his daughter after all. But we'll see.

Keko

94ayd said:
It would be stupid to have her appear only in 1 episode (or has she appeared more times than that, haven't watched all of the episodes?).

If you mean Jenny (the daughter), then yes. She was only in one episode; ''The Doctor's Daughter''. She apparently dies, but when all main characters leave she is revived by the power of planet transformation orb thingy and flies of in shuttle to have her very own adventures.
She also appears in flashback in ''Journey's End'' and that's it.

apocalexxnow

I thought she was a little bit flat and boring as a character. But I wouldn't mind if they gave her her own series - the more - the merrier! I just hope Doctor Who will get better and I won't find myself enjoying Sarah Jane's kids more than the man himself.

DoctorX

I wish Lady Cassandra could be back as well :cry: I always loved the comedy around her. Especially in 'the End of the World' when she said let's say goodbye to the world with a traditional ballad :lol:
[youtube:dmp1l5oo]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qkYOnhcfjgs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qkYOnhcfjgs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:dmp1l5oo]

Around 00:26

Blush

Hmm.... How i Met your mother, The big bang theory, CSI Miami, Chuck,Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, Flashforward, 2 and a half men, Modern Family ,Amazing Race , Dancing with the stars(Romanian version) , Happy Hour, Frumusete pe muchie de cuti ( Romanian version of "Extreme makeover") oh and i loved Binbir Gece;))

apocalexxnow

OMG, they showed Binbir Gece in Romania too?! They aired it on the most watched TV in Bulgaria almost every evening at 20:00!!! And Doctor Who was shown on some forgotten cable tv at 22:00, missing out the special episodes :( My shows are so underrated. At least I think they showed Dollhouse somewhere.

samy2010

A?k-? Memnu is a Turkish phenomenon now :cool:
It's a forbidden love story,between a guy (Behlül) and his uncle's wife (Bihter).

[youtube:1wx59e21]ItsFmDpdQF0[/youtube:1wx59e21]

Top Bottom