Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Ezio

Veteran
The EBU Statement so arrogant, lol. Arrogance is a sign of shameless incompetence

Also not to be a bitch or anything @Fierro this is the first time a contest is hosted on one location (UK) attempting to depict the culture and love for another country (Ukraine) how can you not be interested? Almost ungrateful

Yeah, ungrateful for the ballistic missiles that fell on his city yesterday and today, due to which he can't watch ESC from the audience in Kyiv, so he has to be reminded of that fact by watching ESC (if he doesn't end up in shelter during broadcast) held in another host country instead of his country, where past winners from his country will perform + reminded of the lack of his personal gratitude thereto. 😑

Think twice before you post people. I know you can't picture yourselves how it is to live in war zone and what emotions you live there, but that fact alone advises some caution when you speak to a person currently in a war zone.

Last edited:

Ianp16

Something tells me Simon Cowell and Simon Fuller have been sniffing around ESC. This news is very X Factor-ish. So glad they didn’t go ahead with it.

AliceEsc

SFs and GF livestreams on the official yt channel are geoblocked again in Greece. Flashbacks from last year, of me trying to watch the 1st SF on ERT website and it kept crushing. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

JenJen94

Did anyone watch the big ESC welcome on bbc? It was such an odd programme. It seemed like it was rushed together…

I did! I liked it but I would have loved it to be a tad longer with some more highlights. However, it was good to see some interviews with the acts and all too!

Jamala and Conchita smashed their performances too-both beautiful, especially Conchita.
Wow, great news. Probably a mix of angry delegations and the huge fan backlash has done it. I wonder if this was the big change the BBC were hinting at some weeks ago. If so what a flop. :'D

This is what I'm thinking-there was ALOT of fan pressure all over social media-I didn't see a single comment praising it at all. Honestly, I'm glad they dropped it and they're going back to usual ways. Phew!

Loindici

Veteran
Guuuuurl ... why does that "other innovations in the show for viewers to look forward to"-part sound like a threat? :censored:

There's no 'sorry' in that EBU statement either.

"Oh yeah we just fucked up something but look! New technology, you should try it!"

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
I'm still in desperation to know what Mae's performance would look like...

NemesisNick

Today is Tuesday 9 May 2023. The Eurovision Song Contest 2023 First Semi-Final takes place at Liverpool Arena, Liverpool, United Kingdom tonight, starting at 20:00 BST. The 15 countries taking part tonight, in order of appearance, will be:

Norway, Malta, Serbia, Latvia, Portugal, Ireland, Croatia, Switzerland, Israel, Moldova, Sweden, Azerbaijan, Czechia, Netherlands, Finland.

This year's semi-final results are being decided by televoting only. Although juries vote in the semi-finals, their points will only be used in the semi-finals if a country is unable to provide a valid televote result. The countries taking part tonight be able to vote in tonight's semi-final. Three of the six direct finalists: France, Germany and Italy will also be able to vote in tonight's semi-final. In addition, selected countries around the world will be able to vote in a "Rest of the World" online vote, which will count as one extra country towards tonight's result.

The ten highest placed countries will proceed to Saturday night's Grand Final. Those ten qualifying countries will be announced in a random order just before the end of tonight's semi-final; the actual results of tonight's 15 participating countries will only be revealed to the public after Saturday night's Grand Final is all over. Anyway good luck to tonight's 15 semi-finalists, may the best ten qualify to Saturday night's Grand Final. #Eurovision2023 #UnitedByMusic

HarryUK

Veteran
If anyone’s going to the afternoon preview today can you let me know what you actually get with the show - like is there fake voting, do the big 5 perform as well as the interval acts and can you take flags?? Thanks!!

crashworld

Veteran
The online voting page is up: https://www.esc.vote/

And I can vote under "Rest of The World". It's a shame they didn't state the list of countries eligible under this category.

And also,
0C7KXtc.jpg

So I guess this confirms my suspicion that as long as you own multiple credit cards, you should be able to vote multiple times.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
The online voting page is up: https://www.esc.vote/

And I can vote under "Rest of The World". It's a shame they didn't state the countries eligible under this category.

I'm a bit confused though, what's the rate per voting for ROTW?

Or would we only know this when voting starts?

crashworld

Veteran

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
You can find it on the "Terms and Conditions" drop-down under the "Legal" tab. It's 0.99EUR per vote.

It is also provided on the ESC page:

Jeez 1 euro to vote. I'll never get over how expensive it is to vote in some countries. Makes me thankful that it's basically nothing here.

Top Bottom