Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The irony isn't lost on me that Rita Ora refused to go to Eurovision in 2009 before she was even famous in case it ended her career, but is now happy to be an interval now that Eurovision is now cool and respectable. She has good songs but it's not the energy i like.

Edit: also the time she talked mad shit about Eurovision and got in a Twitter fight with Jade Ewen.

Mainshow

Veteran
Rita Ora? Why couldn’t they get the superior British Albanian Dula Peep

They will let Rita Ora perform in the 1st semi final .. hopefully, they have a bigger name for the Grand Final.

If Ora performs a medley of "Anywhere", "Your Song" and "Let Me Love You", I´m fine with it.. but honestly, her discography is quite mediocre at best.

Mainshow

Veteran
Personally, I think that there should be one or two male singers in the final (e.g. Max Barskih, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Capaldi.. or dunno.. a Calvin Harris set?) - the interval acts of the semi finals are quite female-led.

I will already hate the drag act, though - especially if they sing (famous?`) pop songs.

AlekS

Veteran
The interval acts for the final will be announced soon.
The man responsible for production from our side has already hinted that there will be Jamala and Verka. They were choosing among top-10 acts, so Go_A can be there as well together with Zlata.
Vidbir sound producer will create music for the postcards, expect British & Ukrainian piano vibes.

ESC_Peggy

Personally, I think that there should be one or two male singers in the final (e.g. Max Barskih, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Capaldi.. or dunno.. a Calvin Harris set?) - the interval acts of the semi finals are quite female-led.

I will already hate the drag act, though - especially if they sing (famous?`) pop songs.
There will be but nobody needs Ed Sheeran at Eurovision.

ESC_Peggy

The interval acts for the final will be announced soon.
The man responsible for production from our side has already hinted that there will be Jamala and Verka. They were choosing among top-10 acts, so Go_A can be there as well together with Zlata.
Vidbir sound producer will create music for the postcards, expect British & Ukrainian piano vibes.
VERKAAAAA xheart

GO_A xheart

crashworld

Veteran
Never care enough about Rita Ora. Can't even name a song from her. Another reason not to watch the shows live.

theditz83

Veteran
Not Gustaph at a Foodbank. 💀🤣
That's what got me - floored xrofl

If we don't have at least one of bitter Weegie (Glaswegian) neds hurling abuse at Scousers and chucking their Buckfast and Dragon Soop at them, I'll be asking for a refund. xqueenbitch #stillnotoverit #shouldabeenglasgow

Wynnter

Since juries will still vote in the semi finals (as a backup), I wonder if they're going to also reveal those jury results after the final so that we can still take a look and analyze them, and also see what could have happened if the juries weren't removed from the semis.

Deleted member 12761

I wish Eurovision would add English subtitles and lyrics to every song on television. They're finally doing it on youtube so I hope they do it on the main shows one day, too. It wouldn't be that much work. Every low budget Kpop show does it. Of course the delegations should decide for themselves if they want lyrics but it should be a thing with all the language diversity we have right now. Some songs this year (Albania, Spain, France) have beautiful lyrics. I know some countries like I think Finland do it already.

Mainshow

Veteran
I wish Eurovision would add English subtitles and lyrics to every song on television. They're finally doing it on youtube so I hope they do it on the main shows one day, too. It wouldn't be that much work. Every low budget Kpop show does it. Of course the delegations should decide for themselves if they want lyrics but it should be a thing with all the language diversity we have right now. Some songs this year (Albania, Spain, France) have beautiful lyrics. I know some countries like I think Finland do it already.
No, thank you.

If someone really wants to read the lyrics, they can easily do so by looking them up.
I don´t want to be forced to see "lyrics" who might be blocking elements of the performance/visuals.
It shouldn´t be obligatory.

Deleted member 12761

No, thank you.

If someone really wants to read the lyrics, they can easily do so by looking them up.
I don´t want to be forced to see "lyrics" who might be blocking elements of the performance/visuals.
It shouldn´t be obligatory.
It's not that big of a deal in Kpop shows they show it on the side but of course the countries should decide for themselves. I hope they add lyrics.

Mainshow

Veteran
It's not that big of a deal in Kpop shows they show it on the side but of course the countries should decide for themselves. I hope they add lyrics.

I don´t watch K-pop shows since that genre ain´t my cup of tea and I don´t think it´s necessary.

You can look up with lyrics online as well as on the official Eurovision APP.

Maybe they can offer another official live stream online - for the few people who want to read lyrics whilst watching a light entertainment programme?

They could also give subtitles to the horribly pre-scripted "puns" that way as well ;)

Mainshow

Veteran
HAPPY COMPILATION RELEASE DAY, EVERYONE!

I just purchased the official compilation on iTunes and it´s the first time that I´m listening to all songs "all at once"/on the same day---following each other and it´s indeed a great experience. Today marks the day that I will start to listen to the studio versions/entries more regularly/often... and it can also have an impact on my overall ranking (which I haven´t changed at all because I had no time to keep on listening to them after the NF season due to work, university and stuff).

I can´t find it anymore but UK residents can win tickets for the Grand Final by pre-ordering the CD (eurovision.tv posted a video of Mae advertising it via their official socials).

Listening to :az: after being in awe after :am:, :at: and :au: even brings that song more down (although it´s quite a lovely little throwback British pop song).

Top Bottom